The End... or the Beginning? - Cover

The End... or the Beginning?

Copyright© 2010 by Tedbiker

Chapter 3

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 3 - A journey from grief to joy, with some sailing and some low-key D & S. We meet some new characters, and encounter some old friends. This story stands alone, but does fit in with the other Jenni stories.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Paranormal   DomSub   Spanking   Slow  

James rapidly became a regular visitor at the Conways' home. From Uncle James, he gradually became 'Unca Jamie', as Amy took to calling him Jamie. He decided he liked that; he'd never really liked being 'Jim', which some people called him. Esther had always called him 'James', as did his parents.

It might be thought strange that he and Amy didn't get romantically involved. If James had thought about it at all, he might have thought it strange ... or maybe not. He just loved the twins, and they thought he was 'the bees' knees'. He learned about children's T/V, children's books (he found a whole section in the town library, and borrowed from there regularly) the sort of games and songs learned in nursery school ... in short, he started to become, almost, a parent.

It's not to say he didn't think about Amy; she was undoubtedly an attractive young woman. Medium height, sturdy in build but nicely shaped with dark hair and eyes ... but they treated each other like ... the brother and sister that was implied by his 'honorary uncle' status.

One evening, after settling the twins, she invited him to stay for a night-cap and a little music. He chose tea, while she had some herbal concoction. James' idea of music was shaped by the late seventies and the eighties, with a little jazz and other 'easy listening' music, but Amy introduced him to classical, by putting on a CD of Faure's Requiem. Somehow, it breached a barrier and James told her about Esther, how in love they'd been and how sad they were never to have children; how she'd been rejected by her parents.

Amy, in turn, told him how she had been rejected by her parents (actually, her mother) and then dumped by the boyfriend who'd caused the estrangement, how she'd got depressed and lost her job, and been rescued by Barry, that she later married over his fierce resistance because he thought he was much too old, how he'd suffered a stroke and recovered, but died when the twins were only three from an aneurysm the doctors hadn't diagnosed. She said she'd been reconciled to her parents before the twins were born so she had some support from them as well as Jenni ... and how she believed Barry sometimes comforted his children.

She turned to him, her eyes bright with tears, "so I believe you when you say Esther's spoken to you ... I just wish ... that sometimes he'd speak to me. I miss him, so much."

He put an arm round her and held her as she wept, weeping himself as well for both their losses.

When he stood to leave, she held him tightly for a moment before kissing his cheek; he kissed her forehead in response.

As Easter approached, he was visiting the Peters one evening; Beth was there, which had become unusual. Over the meal, she turned to James.

"I've a favour to ask," she said.

He looked at her and cocked an eyebrow. "If I can, I will."

"The Club is starting the racing season Easter week," she said. "I need a crew. I'm sailing a Wayfarer. At least, I will be if I can find a crew."

"I've never done any racing," he temporised.

"I haven't for years," she said. "I thought I'd give it a go this year, though, but I've been caught out. The person I was hoping would crew for me has just got a job in Scotland. She's just not going to be available."

"I'd hate ... well ... I just wouldn't like you to lose because I'm not a very good crew."

"I don't like to lose, but I'm not expecting great success in my first season back. You'd be helping me out, and if you don't like it at least I'll have a chance to find a replacement."

"Then, okay, I'm glad to help."

She smiled. "Thanks, that's a relief. Perhaps we could get together and get some practice? Are you free this weekend?"

"I certainly can be. Saturday morning?"

"Great! Now ... I've not been around much lately. What have you been up to?"

"Not a lot, really apart from work and 'uncle' duties."

"Uncle duties?"

"Amy Conway's twins," Jenni interjected, "James did some work for her and they sort of adopted him."

"They're great kids," he said, "I really like them. And Amy ... we understand each other, I suppose."

Beth's expression changed; he couldn't interpret it, but didn't think it was a happy change.

"How is she?" Jenni asked, "I haven't seen her for a while. I ought to call."

"She seems okay to me," he said, "doesn't get out much, I suppose. She's still working on that degree. Still missing Barry ... I don't suppose that ever goes away. We helped each other, I think."

"And you?" Marty asked.

"Me? I'm learning to live again. Esther hasn't shown up since..." I looked at Beth, "we were at the Rocks, but I still think about her a lot. It's not so raw now. Life goes on. You know, it's sort of... healing ... just reading bed-time stories to kids? They're so caring, but so... now ... they don't worry much about the past or the future. If they think I'm upset, they just come and give me a hug and, you know, it really does help."

At the end of the evening, as he stood to leave, Beth stood too. "I'd best be on my way, too," she said.

Outside, she turned to him. "I'll not hold you to it if you'd rather not crew for me."

He was surprised. "Why would you think that? I'd love to do it. I'm only worried I'll not be good enough. I'll be there on Saturday, for sure."

"Good! And don't worry about your skill level ... what I saw of you before I'm sure you'll do fine."

James went on his way, with Beth once more taking a significant portion of his thoughts.

Beth went on her way ... wondering. She knew the racing was ... an opportunity to spend time with James. She knew she liked him, thought she was sorry for him – but was nonplussed by her reaction when she discovered he was spending time with Amy, or at least, her children. Not that she knew her well; Amy was Jenni's friend, really. What she knew was that Amy was a widow, young, attractive, bright ... just all round an appealing woman. Hearing him talk about the twins, realising they were becoming important to him – were already important to him ... why did that bother her? And it did bother her, she admitted to herself.

On the Friday evening, James made his regular call to see Amy and the twins. It was a little late when he got there, so he was just in time for tea ... fish fingers, chips and peas ... a short playtime and bed-time story. Once the twins were in bed, they sat with cups of tea and caught up with each other's weeks. Amy talked of the problems she was having writing her dissertation ... he mentioned sailing with Beth.

"I like Beth," she commented, "though I don't know her really well, not like Jenni. I think she had a hard time, though I don't know any details. But she seems a pretty special person."

"I think anyone willing to jump into the North Sea at any time to rescue a stranger must be pretty special," he laughed, but then turned serious, "but I think you're pretty special too."

"Me? Just an ordinary girl who made mistakes as a teenager, but found someone to give me a lot of help."

"Who was determined enough to take the opportunities handed to her, bright enough to achieve her potential, and attractive enough to seduce a reluctant man into overcoming his reservations and marrying you ... who is making an excellent job of bringing up two delightful children virtually single-handed and still working at a distance-learning degree ... not to mention being strong enough emotionally to support and encourage a devastated, bereaved man."

She blushed hotly. "You make it sound ... tremendous, but really I just did what I had to do, mostly. For the rest ... I wanted to please Barry." She looked down, and there was a long pause before she continued, very seriously. "Jamie, are you falling in love with me?"

That gave him pause. He hadn't allowed the suspicion of romance to enter his head ... with anyone.

"I don't think so," he said slowly, "I hadn't thought about it, actually, but since you mention it, no, I don't think so."

She looked relieved. "Good ... I think!" She thought for a moment, "it's not that I don't like you. I respect you; I think I love you ... but ... as a brother, I suppose. I don't think I'm ready for more than friendship with anyone yet, either. I really like having you around and you're really special to the twins. I'd hate it if we didn't see you..."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.