El Yes, We'd Like Some of That - Cover

El Yes, We'd Like Some of That

Copyright© 2010 by Ol'Mac

Chapter 12

TUESDAY 2:45 P. M. CST Lake's Edge Hold, Elfrealm Lake's Edge


After assembling all the Chicago Mages and representatives of each color Dragon, Elnore addressed the crowd, "Greetings all, welcome to Lake's Edge. We have a decision before us today that can shape the course of Earth's and human history. This, of course, is whether to make full contact with the five extraterrestrial races that have sent scouting parties to our solar system. Now, we realize that this is a weighty decision and we are even thinking about bringing in a policy level voice in the form of the U.S. President. What are your thoughts?"

Mike started out with, "Well, you know my opinion as to keeping under cover, but this could open up issues that no one has ever contemplated. We could conceivably wind up with a Galactic wide Human/Alien confederation or we could wind up circling Sol on a piece of burnt toast. There is also the issue of the new hatch coming and the role of the self-named Gatekeepers. Just that one point alone raises several questions: What gates? To where? One way transit, or two way?, etc. If the answer should turn out to be two way transit, that raises the question of distance limits. As you can all see by this brief synopsis, we have a heck of a lot answers to hunt down."

Ella chimed in with, "Mike, do you think that the Human race is ready for this kind of leap? I mean, we can't even get it together on this one planet. What makes you think we'd do any better on multiple worlds? There's also the issue of throwing a lot of people's religion right out the window."

"Yeah, I know kiddo, but I also know that people, when given the chance to make a better life for themselves and their children, will work their butts off. As long as they aren't sat on by their government, they'll do fine. As for the religious freaks, they can stay right here on good old terra firma and stew. I'm not about to let the proselytizing suckers loose on an unsuspecting galaxy."

The crystal Dragon tossed in, 'My Lords, know this, the Crystal Cadre can and will protect this solar system, so worry over alien retaliation becomes a moot point. I'm also certain that your questions regarding the Gates and Keepers can be fully answered after the hatching.'

Mike sighed out, "Whew, that takes a load off. OK, we still need to decided on whether a policy level viewpoint would justify bringing The President into the loop."

After polling the group, the consensus was that it would be a good thing to have an inside track to the heart of the nation's government.

Mike then contacted Mark and filled him in on the plan.

A few moments later the cell phone in The President's pocked vibrated. The President responded by holding his hand up to interrupt his Chief of Staff and then answered with a simple, "Yes?" Thirty seconds passed in silence and then The President said, "Art, I need to take this call and I need to clear out the next forty five minutes on my calendar. Thank you."

"Yes, Mr. President and thank you, Sir."

As the door to the Oval Office closed, The President said, "We're clear now."

"Mr. President, Chicago is willing to make direct contact, Sir. Are you in a comfortable seat where you can rest your head?"

"Yes."

"Good. Sir, in a few seconds you'll feel a slight tingling on your right temple. Don't be alarmed as it's the only physical trace of the comm system you will then be equipped with. I'll speak with you again after installation."

True to the instructions, there followed a tingling feeling and then a voice in The President's head spoke, 'Good Afternoon, Mr. President. I hope you are well, Sir.'

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.