El Yes, We'd Like Some of That
Chapter 6

Copyright© 2010 by Ol'Mac

TUESDAY 7:45 A. M. CST Elfrealm Lake's Edge, Chicago, IL


Tao Lin was still not certain what her guardian meant for her to do, or where her new home was to be. The last three days of her life had passed like a dream. After leaving The State Department office she was led, in that 'Moses Parting the Sea' mode, to an area on the north end of Grant Park.

Once they had arrived there, her Living God did something and an eight foot circle of haze appeared before their path. 'You need rest, shelter and food, Little One. Follow after me, ' came the explanation and command.

Bowing once again, to acknowledge her agreement, Tao Lin carefully traced the steps of her companion and passing through the haze found herself in a different world entirely. Her training as an observer then warred with her earliest memories of the legends of her people. From her Grandmother's tales that she had sat and listened to as a child, she knew she was in one of the spirit realms, but had no idea which one. Since her guide had stopped, she also halted and waited patiently for the next event.

As they waited, she heard in her head, 'Little One, our host comes. Address him as 'My Lord' and reserve your questions until he welcomes you to his land.'

About this time she became aware of a thrumming sound approaching where she and her guide stood. Letting her gaze travel the landscape, she finally watched in wonder as what looked like a thirteenth century knight in full armor topped a near by rise on a pure white Arabian steed. Her heart skipped a beat at the beauty of this vision in motion and then her obedience training kicked in. Schooling her mind and body, she prepared to meet this ruler.

As this entity dismounted, she caught sight of the flowing golden mane of silken hair and then noticed the emerald green cat's eyes he sported. An unbidden thought then raced through her stunned mind, 'Oh my, where in all the worlds am I?'

This entity then approached and bowing slightly, said in a voice like the sound of a harp, "My Lady, welcome to Elfrealm Lake's Edge. Allow me to introduce myself, Elnore, Third Lord of House Elman, at your service and Prince of this realm. Be welcome to my hold and hearth, Elfrealm Lake's Edge shall never be closed to you."

"My Lord, Tao Lin, your humble servant," replied the dazed woman. "My heartfelt thanks for your warm welcome. How may I serve you this day?"

"Well, to begin with, may I ask about the charm you wear? Was it made in your homeland? Lychee Nut, is it not?"

Bobbing her head in agreement, Lin began to reach for the clasp and present her lucky charm to this Lord.

"No My Lady, there is no need to remove it," Elnore said and then asked while reaching out, "May I?"

Lin's head continued to bob yes as she felt her charm lifted to be examined.

"Wonderful craftsmanship, My Lady, but it lacks one thing," Elnore stated and then immediately sighed out, "Ah, much better now, don't you think?"

Lin tore her gaze from those hypnotic eyes and when her sight landed on her charm, a small gasp of surprise escaped her lips along with, "Beautiful, My Lord."

Her mind was in turmoil as she soaked up the beauty that had been bestowed to her humble little charm. Nestled in the center, as if it had been created that way, now sat a half carat red stone. Lin had no doubts that it was a true diamond. "My Lord, how can I possibly repay you for your gift?"

A brilliant smile burst forth from Elnore's face, as he said, "Honor me daily, My Lady, by wearing it with love and pride."

Lin could only bow deeper and whisper, "As you command, My Lord."

Elnore then asked, "My Lady Tao, would you care to rest and refresh yourself at my hold?" At her nod and thanks, he called, "Bortran, attend us please."

No sooner had Elnore uttered the words when a stallion crested the hill as if it had stepped out of the pages of the book "Black Beauty". The sight of this magnificent creature made Lin gasp in wonder once again.

Turning to the blue dragon, Elnore asked, "My Lord, will you continue here, or have you other deeds to accomplish?"

At this, the Living God of her people gazed her way, and asked, 'Little One, what is your wish?'

This was almost too much for Lin to grasp. Gods were asking for her opinion. She finally whispered, "My Lord, do what seems good in your sight, I shall certainly come to no harm here."

The blue dragon then dipped it's head to Elnore and the Elfrealm Prince responded with, "Then fair journey to you, My Lord. Until we see your face once more."

The blue one then moved off and passed through the portal, as Elnore gestured toward Bortran and escorted Lin aboard.

Elnore and his guest then moved off at a leisurely walking pace toward the hold, as Elnore asked, "My Lady, could you tell me of your homeland? I have never visited and am quite curious."

TUESDAY 8:30 A. M. CST News Stand, Chicago, IL


Just as Mike was finishing up with the morning rush, Elnore's voice sounded in his head, 'Michael, I believe I might have some very good news for you.'

'Great. There's always room for plenty of that around here, ' Mike returned.

'I think one of the blue dragons has just delivered our next Mage candidate to us, ' Elnore sent.

'Holy mackerel! That's great boss. Is this a local person?'

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.