Dragon - Cover

Dragon

Copyright© 2010 by Fick Suck

Chapter 7

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 7 - For three years the hunter has traveled the world seeking the predators that feed on humans. How long will his luck hold?

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Science Fiction   Horror  

Hunter bolted upright in his bed. The sheet was twisted around him. He had been tossing and turning all night. No matter, he knew the answer.

"The pattern has been broken," he said just to hear the words.

The sound of his voice reassured him in the silence of the room. The clock read 6:03 and the sun was already up. After his morning piss, he worked his way through the seven movements of his martial arts training. Although it was still cool, the humidity was high. By the time he was done, sweat was streaming down his face and his T-shirt was soaked.

Inside he was surprised to find his sister-in-law sitting pensively at the kitchen table, a mug of coffee in her hand. The logo on the cup read Brookside PTA. The naiveté that the mug represented made Hunter chuckle.

Penny looked at him with consternation. "I didn't sleep last night I'll have you know."

"I'm not surprised," Hunter said as he poured his own mug. "I did warn you though."

"Bastard," Penny said. She stared down at her coffee.

Hunter sat down across from her. "I've nothing to apologize for, but I am sorry. My intent was to give Katie another layer of protection, another set of eyes watching out for her. Obviously last night puts an end to that plan."

"You sure I can't shoot 'em?" Penny asked. "Burt bought me a new deer rifle last year for my birthday. I hate to see it going to waste."

"My brother is such the romantic," Hunter said. "What did he get you for your anniversary – a coupon for free taxidermy?"

"He got me a new set of kitchen knives if you must know," Penny said. "How can you joke when that thing did ... you did ... I saw..." She closed her eyes for a moment. "I can't even formulate a coherent sentence."

"Penny, last night wasn't my first kill. I'm over ten at this point, although it was bigger than some and stupider than most. Didn't you notice it was trying to rip the window out of the wall instead of just breaking the glass? Windows aren't new-fangled devices.

"But there was something significant about last night. The Child broke the pattern. He wasn't looking for food. None of them have in the area hunting. I've been checking daily." Hunter frowned. "He was targeting Katie. And as stupid as he was, he didn't plan it himself. Someone or something sent him. If he was the best they had, they're in desperate shape."

"He was inhuman," Penny said with a shudder. "Something demonic."

"No, he and his siblings are as much a part of creation as you or I," Hunter said. "They look upon us as prey, as cattle if you will. That's why I was trained to hunt them. Now they are my prey. And now I feed on them, too."

"Alright, that last image just turns my stomach," Penny said. "I saw that sparky thing you put in Katie's hand. When her eyes glowed, I freaked out. I dropped acid once in college, but I never had flashbacks like I'm going to have from last night."

The shuffling of old slippers across the floor stopped the conversation. Burt appeared, looking worn and frumpy. His boxer shorts were faded and his robe was natty.

"Why is everyone up so early?" Burt asked. He tried, unsuccessfully, to suppress a yawn.

"I couldn't sleep so I got up early," Hunter said.

"Your brother was banging around the kitchen, dripping sweat all over," Penny said.

"Sorry, I needed to get back to my routine before I start getting soft," Hunter said, and then glanced at Burt. "By the way, you guys have some great cutlery, but maybe you should learn about this place called Victoria's Secret."

"Those kitchen knives will last for years," Burt said defensively.

"I like the way you plan ahead," Hunter said. "When all the romance has fled your marriage, along with your wife, you can use those knives to prepare your lonely dinners."

"Fuck you," Burt said without any heat. He groped for a mug, poured some coffee, and then took a seat. "This is your last day here, brother. What do you want to do?"

"Cincinnati zoo and Skyline Chili," Hunter said.

Burt's eyes lit up.

Penny glared at Hunter. "I am not getting in the car for an hour's drive home with the two of you after Skyline." She pointed her mug at her husband. "And you, what kind of role model spends all damn night farting with his brother in front of his children?"

"Daddy farts a lot," Jessica said as she shuffled into the room. "What's for breakfast?"

"I would say that the conversation has shifted from conjecture to reality," Hunter said. "What's for breakfast, Fartface?"

"Ha-ha," Jessica laughed. "Uncle Cole called daddy Fartface, just like you do, mommy."

Hunter laughed so hard he snorted coffee through his nose.

Breakfast came with a half-dozen boxes of already opened cereal, supplemented with limp-looking fruit and the last of the milk. Even Penny managed to eat despite her obvious queasiness. Hunter feigned patience even though he desperately wanted several hours of computer time to do some research. But there was no sense in raising his brother's suspicions.

They were just finishing when the doorbell rang. The two kids shot off to greet the unexpected visitor. Burt was reading the Sports section.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.