Battlemage Nonetheless: Book 3 - Envoy
Chapter 13

Copyright© 2010 by Risq

"Well my dear it has been almost two weeks, I don't believe they are coming back before the time limit," said Queen Morigan as she looked over at Rachel while she stood apart from the other women.

Rachel was sitting and trying to look at ease, but it was an effort with all the various other Lady's and ladies in waiting around. All the various forms of nobility were hanging around the audience chamber making light conversation about nothing and gossiping.

As Rachel tried to look like she belonged she stood off to the side in a pretty light brown dress that was flowing, had a corset on the outside as part of its design, and the seamstress managed to include a pair of disguise pockets for it.

The Queen was dressed in a satin white dress that was again tight, but instead of having cups the material was sheer and pulled tight to fasten at the neck. Her breasts were completely on display as one could just barely make out the size and shape of her areolas. The dress was also long and flowing and left a train behind her.

Dusty had told Rachel to stay close to the Queen as best she could as long as the Queen would let her, but since she had been here for almost two weeks listening to their insane ramblings every female that had either been with her husband or hoped to be was doing her best to make her uncomfortable as they tried to speak loud enough for her to hear their conversations.

Dropped hints or innuendo about her husband's prowess was starting to grate on her nerves. It wasn't because she had any issues about his life before he met her, she had one too that he would need to face at some point, but it was all the digs over time that were starting to get to her. It was the crude and callousness of it all that bothered her.

At least the Queen had come to her defense numerous times and that did help, and so far she was able to remain pleasant. It wouldn't do to have it reflect badly on her husband for picking an unsuitable mate.

Daniel tried to make it easier and stick to her when he could, as it seemed most of the women weren't so catty around him, but he couldn't be everywhere and he had things to look after as well, and right now he had a meeting about land management with some of the other Baron's and Counts.

The Queen had come down from her throne to mix with the other nobles as they spoke.

"I trust my friends. If they said they will stop this, then I trust them with my whole heart to make it happen," said Rachel softly with a smile.

"Well either way it works out for us. If Sir Dusty can't stop this then we move ahead and stop it. If he can, then the people are happy," said the Queen.

Before Rachel could respond the crystal in her pocket started to vibrate.

"Excuse me a second your Majesty, I will be right back," said Rachel as she bowed.

Excusing herself she stepped into the hallway.

"Rachel, we need to go with plan "B". I know we didn't cover it, but get Daniel and make sure your touching him and the Queen at the same time when I call you back. Say "ready" when you are doing that. I'll call back in ten minutes," said Dusty as he quickly broke the connection to save energy so he could call back.

Without a word Rachel went down the hall to where her husband was. As if sensing her behind him, he turned and smiled and she bashfully beckoned him to her. He walked over without a word.

Kissing her Daniel asked "What can I do for you my dear?"

"Can you get away for a few moments? I need to show you and the Queen something if I could," said Rachel.

"What is going on?" asked Daniel sensing something was different.

"Do you trust me? I mean really trust me?" asked Rachel hopefully.

"Always," answered Daniel with a smile.

"Ok, I'm not entirely sure either, but I trust my friends and they asked me to trust in them. All I'm asking is that you put the same level of trust in me to keep trusting in my friends, ok?" asked Rachel.

Smiling Rachel reached for his hand. As he took it they headed back down the hallway to the audience chamber.

They had just approached the Queen as the crystal in Rachel's dress pocket started to vibrate again. Walking up to the Queen, while still holding on to Daniel's hand she reached in her pocket and pulled out the crystal.

"Your Majesty, I have something that you really should see," said Rachel as she reached to the Queen.

Looking at the oddly shaped crystal for a moment as it vibrated she looked at Rachel questioningly.

"Oh! Just hold it in your right hand, like that, and say "answer" and you can speak with whoever is on the other side," smiled Rachel as she put her arm around the Queen and looked at her hand that held the crystal.

The Queen, captivated by the device, didn't even notice the breech of protocol as Rachel did this. But the other nobles did and were incensed at her liberties.

"Answer," said the Queen.

"Rachel, ready?" asked Dusty as he spoke from the Crystal.

Looking up at Rachel's face in wonder as she heard Dusty's voice coming from the crystal she didn't seem to notice the look of concentration as Rachel pulled her tighter and tightly held Daniel's hand and she said "Yes"

With the sound of a small sonic boom the air around them was displaced by the three of them disappearing to the surprise and shock of the surrounding nobles.


Dusty looked around at the others while they were outside the Inn and he tried to show more confidence than he felt.

"Dusty you've never tried this before, this was all just a theory we batted around. I'm not even sure you will even have near all the power needed to pull this all off," said Lori as she looked at him.

Suzan looked at him in concern as she said this.

"I'll be fine. Worse thing that happens is that you'll have to take over and you do have plenty to spare. If not and we both are rendered powerless then we'll just have to use some of your renowned charm to keep everyone from killing each other," said Dusty with smile.

Lori punched him as she smiled.

"Are you sure you can you pull this off? It sounds dangerous. I mean Lori said all you did was talk about this, are you sure it can't go wrong?" asked Mark seriously.

"Lori and I discussed it and did some limited practices with it a lot while everyone was gone, but since it is my spell right now I can do it better for the time being. Distance is the only concern for me, regardless I should be able to do the two of these as long as I don't have to use power for anything else for a bit," said Dusty.

Kissing Suzan for luck he pulled out his crystal.

Dusty said "Call Marie."

As soon as she answered Dusty said "Are you ready on your end Marie? Is everything in place? Don't forget, I need you to be facing a large open space with no one standing in it."

"Yes, everything is ready to go Dusty," answered Marie.

Holding hands Dusty held his Crystal as he concentrated as she spoke the words of this new spell before he then said "Outgoing Transit, Marie"

The four of them disappeared from the Inn.


Startled, Wolfgang saw the four of them standing in the shadows of the Inn right before they all suddenly disappeared.

While he was familiar with many different and various spells that one eluded him as one he knew.

Smiling he knew that watching young Dusty was the right thing to do. The young man kept surprising him over and over again. That crystal he was holding and talking to intrigued him. Wolfgang had never seen anything like it before. He wondered how he came up with the idea for it, how it worked, and what its range was. He would really like to get his hands on one and talk about its uses.

Wolfgang also knew from overhearing their conversations earlier that they needed to return to the kingdom of Trestenall, and so he turned and sought a horse to take him there. He was curious how this would play out since he knew Dusty's ultimate goal was to stop the war brewing between the kingdoms.

Looking for a stable that was still open Wolfgang realized it would take him a week of hard riding to get to that kingdom. He just hoped Dusty was still there and he could see what his efforts brought.


Suddenly Dusty and the four people appeared in front of clearly startled Marie in private the antechamber of the King of Trestenall. There were also a couple startled of soldiers who were guarding the door, but other than the two soldiers the other occupants were the King, Seth and Marie who all stared at the group that had just appeared.

Marie told them Dusty was going to do this, but even she was still impressed that he moved the four of them magically here and in an instant here. She was only slightly less shocked than everyone else in the room

There was a large open area and a long table near the back wall.

"Hey folks," said Dusty smiling at them.

He sounded winded, looked tired, and was lightly sweating but he tried to smile reassuringly at everyone.

"Sir Battlemage, are you well?" asked the King clearly impressed with this strange magic.

"As well as can be expected. Did Marie fill you in?" asked Dusty.

Marie smiled as she stood by with her arms around Seth. As Dusty looked at the King to talk to him Marie showed everyone her ring and all the ladies smiled and hugged her.

"Yes, and everything ready to go," said the King with a smile.

"Dusty let me do the next one," said Lori as she stepped way from the others and quietly spoke with Dusty.

"No it will take all your power and I still have a little left. I'd rather have one fresh and prepared mage than two tired ones if this goes south," said Dusty.

Nodding she moved over to the others.

"Your Highness if everything is ready then let's us get started. Here put this on," said Dusty as everyone stepped away from him to give him space.

Holding his crystal in his hand Dusty called Rachel's crystal by saying "Call Rachel,"

As soon as it connected Dusty said, "Rachel we need to go with plan "B". I know we didn't cover it, but get Daniel and be touching him and the Queen at the same time when I call you back. Say "ready" when you are doing that. I'll call back in ten minutes."

Dusty stood back and looked at everyone.

"Rachel knows this will be important," said Dusty with a smile.

As everyone milled around Dusty counted off the minutes before he called her back. Calling back Rachel's crystal he waited until he heard a voice answer it. It was obviously the Queen.

He silently congratulated her for figuring out how to do what she did.

"Rachel, ready?" asked Dusty

When he heard her say "Yes," Dusty again started his new spell before he ended by saying "Incoming Transit, Rachel"

There was the soft sound of a "Bomf" and standing before him was Queen Morigan, Rachel, and Daniel. Rachel had her arm around the Queen while holding Daniel's hand and they were all looking at her communication crystal.

The Queen, Rachel and Daniel all looked up startled for a moment before the Queen quickly stepped away from Rachel and as she looked around her seeing that she was no longer in her own throne room. Rachel just barely caught her crystal as it fell from the Queen's fingers forgotten by her.

"What is the meaning of this?! Do you know what you've done?!" asked the Queen as she looked around the room. She moved over behind Daniel who stood protectively in front of her as he also looked around the room with concern.

Rachel looked at him sadly as he looked at the faces of everyone around them with distaste, but didn't move from his side. She was hoping this didn't destroy his trust in her, but she still trusted her friends that this was what was needed for the situation.

"Yes I do, I've stopped your invasion and the killing of countless people on both sides who don't deserve it. I've stopped your plan to invade a peaceful kingdom that only wanted to be left alone. Your partner in crime has been caught here in this kingdom and its time for us to talk. No one is going to harm you, and you have my word on that, but we need to hash this out," said Dusty.

He was looking the worse for wear and was sweating. Pulling the three of them from the extreme distance that he did really pulled more of his magic than he intended. He was struggling to stay up right now, but he needed to play it off as everything was alright.

Stepping around Daniel the Queen struck a regal pose that enhanced her attractiveness and had her breasts pushed up and out as she asked seductively "What are you accusing me of exactly?"

"Count Randall here was in discussions with you to sell out Trestenall. He led the other Counts in an effort to keep this kingdom defenseless while hiring mercenaries to attack both sides of the border giving you a reason to defend yourself," said Dusty as he faced the Queen.

Smiling a seductive smile the Queen slowly approached Dusty and stopped just inches from his face.

"Now why would I do that? What could I possibly offer someone to betray their country?" asked the Queen in a breathless way as she pushed her chest out at Dusty.

Suzan was seeing red, but she kept her mouth shut as everyone watched this play out.

Smiling Dusty said "Your kingdom would benefit heavily from annexing this country. You would also have all the water rights by getting the shipping lanes and it would only increase your profitability."

The Queen just stood and smiled seductively into his eyes as if he wasn't even speaking.

"Not to mention that you always say that you well reward those who are your friends and help you out. The Count in question was expecting to be rewarded by having a position in your court once the invasion was complete. And with no real army over the years to resist you it was a sure thing for you all," said Dusty as she looked at the Queen.

Reaching out she touched Dusty's face, and then trailed her hand along it before she turned and walked away headed back for Daniel's side.

"That's a pretty story, but you need proof to throw around accusations like that, you know," said the Queen once she reached Daniel.

The King wordlessly nodded and the two men at the door opened it and two more men drug in Count Randall. He was dress, but in dirty home spun black clothes. His hands and feet were shackled and he looked rough from several weeks of being in prison. He pitifully looked at everyone, almost as if begging, before the King nodded and he was taken away again.

"Who was that wretch?" asked the Queen.

"Hmm, you don't seem to be too willing to help those who helped you, wouldn't you say," asked Dusty.

He was doing a good job of pretending, but he was so tired that all he wanted right then was to sit down.

"Well what we seem to have right now is his word against mine. That' isn't enough I'm afraid to accuse a monarch of wrong doing. You'll need to do better than that. If that's all you have, then I'm going to protect my people by doing what I need to.

"And you have to let me go soon because you've already done enough by kidnapping me, unless you plan to take me on a tour of the inside of a bedroom somewhere around here while I'm visiting Sir Dusty," said the Queen as she watched Dusty with small smile.

But as she did she failed to notice that Daniel was looking at her strangely. He slowly realized that she was still planning to invade this land no matter what the outcome of this meeting was. He realized why Rachel wanted him here with her to witness this.

Daniel was starting to rethink his families position on protection a monarch who was so determined to have her way at all cost no matter who it hurt. As all these thoughts hit him at once Rachel felt him squeeze her hand and she smiled as he did. She realized her husband was telling her he was there only for her.

"We already faced off with who the Count hired, but they were killed so that they would be silenced," said Dusty.

"What would that have proven? That the Count was the only one to have hired them? How does that implicate little me?" asked the Queen coyly.

Dusty sighed for a moment before he looked at her. She was enjoying this.

"Your right your Majesty, I have absolutely no proof you helped conspire with the Count to do any of this. Hmm, but you do know if you had a part in this that I'm going to eventually stop you right?" asked Dusty smiling.

Smiling at Dusty the Queen said "I'm sure you'll try, but I have a very large army you know."

Walking slowly forward Dusty looked at the queen. She defiantly smiled at him as he approached.

Reaching out he took her left hand and smiled at her as he raised it to his mouth and kissed it. Her smiled seemed to get larger as she looked over at Suzan to gauge her reaction to what Dusty was doing. She took a deep breath to show off her chest better to Dusty.

"Before we part let me at least give you this, as a token of better times between us. We should at the very least part as friends now," said Dusty.

Taking her hand he slipped a nice looking ordinate gold band on her left ring finger, kissed her hand and stepped back.

Admiring her hand for a moment the Queen smiled seductively as she said "Ooooohh Sir Dusty, it's kind of plain but I like this new link of mine to you. What ever will your wife say about us? So when do we get to consummate this relationship. I'm sure the King will allow us a room for the night."

As she looked over at Suzan Queen Morigan noticed that she just smiled a wicked smile as she watched her. Slowly looking at everyone else around the room she noticed everyone was smiling but the King.

Confused she looked back at Dusty and saw him sweating but smiling at her strangely but his mouth was moving and he was saying something softly.

Just as she strained to him he suddenly and quite plainly said "Semper Fidelis Omnino Amo" and the band around her finger grew warm for a moment before it returned to normal. Looking at the band for a moment she looked at Dusty questionably

"What have you done?" asked the Queen as she started trying to remove the ring.

She started to panic when it wouldn't come off. She was looking at Dusty the whole time as she was trying.

"I made a trip to the festival before we first met with you. Marie told us what she found out so I found a place that sold wedding rings that I could use in case the plan was actually yours and not someone with-in your court.

"Once I verified that you were the one who orchestrated the plan, a plan you seemed quite proud of, I came up with this plan. What I did was enchant two rings. I gave one to the king," when Dusty mentioned him he held up his hand and waved his matching ring, "and it's mate to you," said Dusty.

 
There is more of this chapter...

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.