Runner - Cover

Runner

Copyright© 2010 by Monbade

Chapter 13

06:49 AM:

Matt:

"That's smoke, and a lot of it!" Judy said as she pointed towards the smoke in the distance.

"That's the Tyron place," I replied as I climbed out of bed and yanked my clothes on. "Get everyone up, armed and watching out the windows," I said as I pulled some thick socks out of the dresser and pulled them on my feet.

The girls scrambled out of bed and yanked their robes on. They grabbed their pistols off their dressers, and were out the bedroom door as I was lacing up my boots. As soon as my boots were tied, I grabbed my gun belt, and wrapped it around my waist. Going to the door, I picked up my rifle that was standing behind it and went down stairs.

Norman was coming in from outside as I stepped down into the parlor. "Matt, I have two of the snowmobiles warming up, and each is towing a sled," he said as he picked up his shotgun and checked it.

"Good, let's get some food and coffee in us, while the girls pack some blankets in two of the waterproof bags along with food for us to take with us. Also, grab both sniper rifles," I replied.

"We will have food ready in about five minutes. The coffee is ready now. Judy is filling two of the big thermos for you to take with you, I know Norman, hot cocoa for you," Ana said as she carried two packs out and stated stuffing blankets inside. She quickly had them packed and loaded on the sled and I slid my snow parka on.

Pulling Ana to me, I kissed her red lips and said, "Go inside and keep watch. I want everyone armed."

"Yes, husband, be careful out there. I loaded your sniper rifle on your sled along with plenty of ammo," Ana said and then went inside.

I watched as Ana went inside. Her butt was sashaying with each step. "Damn she has a nice ass," I said as I straddled the snowmobile. Twisting the accelerator, I took off for the Tyron place, which was five miles away. The ride through the deep snow slowed us some, but ten minutes after leaving the house, we reached the top of the last hill.

Looking down the hill we could see several four-wheel drive vehicles parked in a semi circle in front of the house. At the gate to the inner property was a pickup truck that was towing a fifth wheel. It was mired down in mud up to its axels. Looking back at the house, the roof and what looked like the back of the two story building was on fire, and there were about a dozen men shooting at the front of the house. I walked to my sled, and folded back the tarp on it.

I opened the case and picked up the Barrett sniper rifle and several clips for the deadly weapon. Tucking the large clips into my jacket pockets, I loaded a clip, jacked the first round and knelt behind a stump. With the rifle ready, I settled the rifle into my shoulder, and looked through the scope. The first man I sighted on was wearing an arctic parka and firing an AK-74 at the house. Taking a deep breath, I slowly let it out and squeezed the trigger. Beside me, Norman fired the SV-98 and another man went down with a bullet to the back of his head. His M-16 went flying through the air.

Quickly firing three more times, I dropped two, and blew the arm off another as Norman took out two more. Caught in the crossfire, the rest of the men were quickly eliminated by those in the house, Norman and I watched for a few minutes as the people inside the house came out. I picked up the few shell casings I could find, while Norman did the same. Climbing on the snowmobile, I slung the rifle over my shoulder and rode down to the burning house. I spotted John and Tim covering two bodies with blankets. Their fifteen year old sister Violet stood watch with a rifle in her hands as they went inside and came out with another body and a blanket.

Pulling to a stop in front of the burning house, I stood up and asked, "Sorry, we got here as fast as we could. Who were they?"

John laid the body down of his ten-year-old brother, and Tim covered him. "No idea. They showed up, just as dawn started to break. They demanded food and fuel. When Dad told them to go away, they shot him through the door. Tim and I opened fire with our rifles hitting two of them. Jason was hit next as he ran down the stairs and went down. Mom screamed and ran for him and was hit in the same burst of gunfire. That was when I guess you arrived, because the man firing the machinegun stopped. Thanks for saving us," John said.

"I'm sorry about your parents, and brother. We better call the police, and get them up here for the bodies of these scum suckers," I said as I pulled my cell phone out.

"We tried, but I think they cut our lines, I am surprised the fire department hasn't gotten here yet. If you can see the smoke, I'm sure they could have as they're only three miles down the road while you're five miles away," Tim added as he hugged his sister.

"I am, too," I said as I pressed 911.

I waited for the call to be picked up, as the flames shot higher up into the sky as the two-story house went up in flames. Disconnecting the phone, I said, "Now that is weird. No one is picking up at the emergency center."

"Try the fire department," Tim suggested and he rattled off the number for me.

I tried the fire department and received a busy signal from them. Looking over at Norman, I said, "Norman, I want you to take Violet, and the bodies back to the house. Tom, John, get your snowmobiles out from the barn. We're going to head down to the fire station and find out what's going on."

"Ok, Matt," Jason replied and turned to run to the barn. John was right behind me, his rifle clutched in his hands.

I walked over to the first of the bodies, and between the two of us, placed Randy Tyron and Jason on the back of Norman's sled. I walked over to my sled, and unhitched it as the twins rode theirs out of the barn. We then laid Katie Tyron on the sled and hitched it to Tom's snowmobile. Covering her tiny frame, we tied them down and I then helped Violet onto the back of Tom's bench seat.

"Tom, stay behind Norman and get your family to our house. Our families will be there to help you. John, you're with me. We're heading up the road to the firehouse. All of you keep your rifles ready for any danger. We don't know who these creeps were..."

"Yes we do." Norman said as he walked over from the bodies.

"Who are they?" I asked as I turned around and saw Norman with a large bag on his shoulder, and he was holding a nude young woman in his arms.

"Assholes from all over the country. I have Nevada, Washington, Idaho, Texas, and Florida licenses here. It looks like they're raiders. This is Mellissa Westing from Salt Lake City. That's all I got out of her before she passed out," Norman said as he set the girl on his snowmobile. The bag, he dropped and it clinked when it hit the snow.

I grabbed the blankets and started wrapping them around the shivering girl. "How are we getting her home?" I asked as I finished wrapping each foot in blankets, and used the duct tape to bind them closed.

"Once I get on mine, place her behind me, and tape her hands together in front of me. That should keep her there until we get home," Norman replied.

"OK," I said and looked at the Tyron twins, "Gather the rest of their guns and ammo," I ordered.

"There's more in the fifth wheeler. It's going to take a tow to get her out of the mud or a good tractor," Norman said as he set the bag of guns on his sled.

"I'll get the tractor," Tim said and ran for the barn.

"I'll help," John shouted and ran after his brother.

"Good, they're gone. Mathew, she was tied up in the back of the truck bed. I found two more tied to the back of the fifth wheeler, but they have been dead for a while now. I cut them down and wrapped them in blankets. The inside of the trailer is a pigsty," Norman said, and then asked, "Violet if we can get the truck free, can you drive a snowmobile?"

"Yes, I can. I have my own in the barn, I was going to ask if you wanted me to drive it to your home," she replied as she knelt by them.

"Thank you, Violet. I think Mellissa here is going to need your help," I said as I checked her temperature and saw it was really low.

"Grab my pack," I ordered as I took my knife from my hip sheath, and cut two of the strips of tape on her chest.

Violet scrambled for the pack on the back of my snowmobile as the roar of the tractor came from the barn. By the time she was back with it, the boys came out of the barn with the old tractor belching smoke.

"Here you are Mister Davis," Violet said as she set the fifty-pound sack down in the snow.

"Thanks beautiful," I replied as she ripped the Velcro lid open. On the top of the food packs were dozens of self heat pads. Grabbing two of them, I twisted the packs to activate their heating elements. Then I started slipping them inside the layers of blankets until they bulged all around her body as Violet kept handing them to me.

I took the last two, and slipped them inside by the girl's crotch which made her eyes flash open, and she started hitting me.

"Stop! We're friends. We rescued you!" I whispered urgently as I tried to grab her flailing hands.

Mellissa beat at me, the man who was touching her. Her flailing hands smacked me in my face as her left knee came up and hit me squarely in my nuts. I grabbed myself, and turned away saying her name. She was trying to get to her feet to run when a hand came in and slapped her across her cheek.

"STOP IT! He rescued you," Violet snapped out as she pushed the girl on her ass.

Mellissa lay there on her ass. She was shivering from the cold, but I knew the heat around her body would catch her attention, and then she realized what she had done. She looked over at me, as I lay clutching my crotch.

"I'm sorry," Mellissa croaked out in a squeaky voice.

I glared at the girl, and slowly climbed to my feet.

I replied in a whisper, "It's all right," and stumbled over to Norman's snowmobile.

Sitting down I looked at the girl, and then turned to Norman and asked, "What's with people and my nuts? They've been shot at, punched, kicked and now kneed."

"Hey, now, no one told you to get behind that cow. Wasn't my fault she kicked back at you. And we did warn you not to stand behind her ... or I mean, your aunt and uncle both warned you. I never saw someone hit the ground so fast in all my life," Norman replied with a snicker.

"I know, I know. Hey, they've got the fifth wheeler free and turned around. Why don't you drive that back, have them follow you with the tractor and two of the snowmobiles. I'll ride down and check out the firehouse. That way the snowmobiles get back to the house," I suggested as I stood up and grimaced in pain.

Norman rubbed his chin as he looked around and his eyes settled on the trailer by the barn, "Better yet. Why don't we load them up onto that trailer over by the barn? They tow the trailer, and sleds back to the house on it. Tim or John can go with you while I drive the pickup with Mellissa and Violet inside. The other twin can drive the tractor and we get them all home."

"OK, but can we get them up on the trailer?" I asked as I turned towards the barn to look where Norman was looking.

"You can, it has a ramp that you hook on it," Violet replied as she ran over to the tractor.

Norman and I watched as Violet climbed up onto the running tractor, opened the door and stuck her head inside. Tim was nodding his head to what was being said in his ear and then Violet jumped down and disconnected the chain from the trailer and tractor. As soon as Tim was free, he spun the wheel and took off for the barn.

"I'm really sorry. I thought you were trying to rape me like those other men have been doing all week..."

"It's ok, Mellissa, you were startled and scared," I replied as I walked over to the tractor holding my groin.

Norman started laughing as I walked away. When my one finger salute came up, he roared louder, which got the two girls snickering as well.

"Mellissa, I want to say thank you for making my day. Come on, sweetie, let's check out the pickup and see if we can get you to your new home. My wife is going to want to check Mellissa over for injuries," he said to the two girls.

"Ok, Mister Reese," Violet said as they helped the girl up.

Norman quickly had the two girls inside the truck getting warm as he trudged back to the tractor. Between the four of us, we loaded the six snowmobiles up onto the large thirty foot trailer along with the two sleds holding the bodies. As we struggled to load the last sled on, Violet came back to the barn and went inside.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.