Runner - Cover

Runner

Copyright© 2010 by Monbade

Chapter 6

4:30 AM

Pakistan, Skyang Kangri Mountain:

Ali Mohammed:

High up on Skyang Kangri a small lab was buried deep in the Western flank of the mountain, protected by elements of the Elite anti-terrorism units of the Pakistan military. They were protecting dozens of the most highly respected microbiologist who worked for the government of Pakistan as they developed a new biological weapon. Snow was falling high in the mountains as I entered the base and walked past the security. I showed them my pass when I was told to. Who would have suspected me of being a top Al-Qaida operative as I mopped the floor of the hallway, I the unintelligent floor mopper who watched and listened and knew the time was ripe to make the strike.

Every day I worked and waited for the time, and now it came as I worked my way to the laboratories and stopped my mopping. I stood there cleaning my mop as I looked at the half dozen guards standing guard at the glass doors. This was new security feature, and I knew I had to get past them. Pulling the mop out, I continued mopping down the hallway and was almost to the door when a guard stopped me.

"Come back and do this at another time. This area is under quarantine," the guard said.

"I must clean. If I don't clean, I don't have money for food for my family," I replied.

"Go away or I will make you go away, permanently," the guard snarled at me as he pressed his rifle into my chest.

"Yes, Sir, I'll return after I finish the bathrooms," I said as I nodded my head.

Placing the mop in the bucket, I turned away from the guards and dragged the bucket down the hall and around the corridor. I went down to my storage area and went inside. I changed out the water and picked up a can of cleaner and twisted the bottom off. With a glance out of the open door, I checked and saw it was clear as I pulled the illegal cell phone out and activated the camera. I watched what was going on in the lab and grinned as I listened as my pawns talk.


4:45 AM:

Pakistan, Skyang Kangri Mountain:

Video of the Lab:

Doctor Ahmed Boulos looked through the microscope and watched once more as the strain of Lassa fever mixed with the Ebola virus. On the small TV, it showed the capital under heavy attack by the infidel armies of India. While he worked, a dozen of his coworkers were loading the canisters that would be taken from the lab and transported to the 115th missile battery to be fired at India if they didn't withdraw from the country.

Colonel Daud Mohammed paced outside the room and would stop every few minutes to watch through the thick plastic at the doctors who were working. One of the doctors was using a giant syringe to load the last of the canisters on his cart with the liquid and as he pulled the needle out, he set it on the counter.

Reaching over, he pressed the icon and said, "Come on, get those things filled."

"We are, Sir. We have the first twenty units full. Did you want us to take them out?" Captain Fahim Sultan asked.

"Yes, get the first load on the chopper, and get them down to the missiles. I will bring the second batch as soon as they are ready," Daud said.

Captain Sultan summoned half the guards and they went into the lab and took control of the three loaded carts and started pushing them down the hallway to the elevator.


4:50 AM:

Ali Mohammed:

I switched the video off, and sent the text message I had prerecorded. I then disassembled the phone, and smashed the chip so the number couldn't be traced. I pulled the sink away from the wall and reached into the hidden compartment I had made months ago. Pulling the 9mm pistol out with the silencer, I screwed them together and then reached in for the extra clips. With the gun loaded, I walked down the hallway and went to the elevator. Checking my watch, I knew that the rest of my team should be moving into place at the entrance.

Unknown to me, the elevator went down instead of up to the entrance, and they went out a side tunnel to a hidden helipad that I didn't know about.

I rode the elevator to the top floor, and walked down the hall towards the security gate and shot the two men in the back of the head. They hit the floor dead as I started running for the main gate. Pushing it open, I expected the sound of gunfire, but was met by my team instead.

"Where are the bombs?" I snapped at my second in command.

"We are still waiting for them. They haven't come this way," he replied.

"Quick, follow me. They must have gone another way. They have more of the canisters ready in the labs. Kill anyone you meet, but find them." I said as I walked towards the lab, my pistol clutched tightly in my fist as I reached the door. I slid my card through the door lock, and kicked it open. As the door hit the wall, the two men with me opened fire with their AK-47s and the rounds caught the six guards before they could move.

Colonel Daud Mohammed turned and looked at his men dying. He scrambled to pull his pistol out of its holster when the first burning pain hit him, and he couldn't figure out why he was on the floor.

I watched as the commander pulled his pistol, and I walked over and kicked it out of his hand, "Death to the infidels. Allah Akbar (God is great)," I said as I shot him in the head, blowing his brains all over the floor. I looked at my men and ordered, "Get in there and get the canisters."

I watched as my men ran into the other room, and I heard gunfire. Looking through the glass, I saw my men killing the doctors, and I walked in just as I heard something shatter.

"What was that?" I asked.

"Sir, one of the men knocked over this glass bottle. It broke when it hit the floor," he replied.

"Grab the canisters and let's go!" I shouted.

I watched as the men pushed one of the carts towards me. As the second man went to help him, he slipped and landed on his back and cried out. Before I could move, he scrambled to his feet, and I saw his back was wet from blood as he ran by me. We ran for the elevator that was being held open by two of my men, and we stepped inside as the blast doors slammed down on the lab entrance as sirens started going off.

The elevator shot up five floors, and we ran down the hallway, each of us carrying a single canister. The blast door was descending down in front of the main door and was about to hit the opened glass door. Five feet from the door, it touched the glass, and it shattered as we ran through the opening and escaped with our prize. The sirens were sounding off the mountain as we ran for the parking area.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.