Runner - Cover

Runner

Copyright© 2010 by Monbade

Chapter 4

USS Alabama,

Mobil Bay, Alabama

7:20 AM

Mathew

We walked through the gift shop, and went to the snack bar. The girl behind the counter came over and asked what we wanted. We all had scrambled eggs, bacon, toast and coffee. I paid the bill, and we took our coffees to the table. A few minutes after we sat down the lady behind the counter called me.

I went over and picked up the tray of food. Carrying it back, I set it down and passed the plates around to everyone. We ate our breakfast and lingered over our coffee. Another ten minutes went by, and I watched the girls chat with casual glances around us for trouble but nothing came to me.

Judy finished her coffee, and set her cup on the tray while Ana wiped her lips and applied some lip- gloss. I leaned over and kissed both of them as I picked up the tray. Carrying it to the garbage can, I dumped the trash, and set the tray on top.

We walked out to the giant battleship, went up the gangway, and stood on the main deck of the Alabama. Starting at the stern, we entered the huge ship, and started looking at the exhibits on display.

It took two hours to work our way through to the bridge. When we got up there, the girls were looking around. Then they stood against the side of the tower, whispering to each other.

"Mathew," Judy said as I was taking a picture of the five- inch dual- purpose cannons.

Turning, my jaw hit the deck. They had taken off their shirts and stood there pinching their nipples at me as they leaned against the armored tower.

"Quick, take some pictures," Anastasia said in her soft voice as she blushed.

I quickly took a dozen pictures as they played with each other. They even shoved their shorts down and let me get beaver shots of them. I was about to ask them to finger each other, when they pulled their pants up, quickly and yanked their shirts back on. The girls were pointing towards the stern when two kids came running out the door, they were screaming in excitement at all the guns. A man and woman in their mid twenties came out after them, and they separated. The mother wrangled the kids under control while her husband took pictures as I led the girls out.

I noticed the mother staring at Ana, and a shiver went down my back.

"Come on, let's get out of here," I said as I led them down the ladder.

"What? Why?" Judy asked.

"I think Ana was recognized, we need to go," I said.

"Ok, but can we stop in the gift shop? I saw something I wanted to get you and something for Judy," Ana asked as we walked onto the main deck of the ship.

"Make it fast," I replied as I looked back and didn't see the woman.

I followed the girls into the gift shop. I stood by the door and watched as the woman came out on the bridge tower and was looking around. I watched as she went back inside and I looked over at the girls who were heading for the cash register. We were checking out when I saw the woman and her family coming. I turned and walked quickly to the ladies and was about to tell them to hurry up when I saw the cashier lady hand Ana her change.

They picked up their packages and we headed for the exit. I looked back and saw the lady talking to a security guard who pointed at the gift shop. I pushed the girls out the door, and we started walking quickly to the RV. I ran ahead and had the door open for them, as they came around the RV. In the distance, I could hear police cars coming, so I hustled them into the vehicle.

Ana stood there shaking in fear and I said, "Ana, it's going to be ok. Judy, I want you to take Ana up to the bedroom, and get her under the mattress. I left enough room in there for her to hide. Place the stack of sheets over her body so she cannot be seen. Change your clothes when you're done."

I watched Judy take Ana upstairs, and I turned and slid into the seat. Starting up the engine, I pulled out of the parking lot, and headed for the freeway. A dozen police cars flew by us as Judy joined me. She was wearing a summer dress with a hat on her head. We headed down the causeway and had to slow down because of the road block.

They were checking the people in the cars ahead of us, and I could tell Judy was nervous. "Calm down, act normal, when I move my right hand and cross my fingers, you tell me we have to hurry. They don't know how long mom has," I hissed.

"Ok," she replied.

I slowly pulled up to the officers. Rolling the window down, I said, "Yes, officer?"

"Have you seen this woman?" he said as he showed me a picture of Ana.

"Yes, I did. I saw her back at the memorial park. She and five others were going to look at the Drum as we were leaving. I heard her say she had never been in a submarine," I said as I crossed my fingers.

"Mathew, we have to hurry and get to Ocala, we don't know how long Momma has," Judy said.

"Honey, I know Mom is dying, but these officers are asking us questions that seem important," I replied.

"Thank you, Sir, Ma'am. I am sorry about this, but this woman is wanted in connection with several murders. I hope your mom makes it," Officer Wyatt Olsson said as he stepped down off the RV.

"Thank you," Judy replied and waved to him.

He waved us through and we headed for the freeway entrance. I passed the Florida onramp, and headed up onto the west bound lanes.

Once on the freeway, I said, "Go get Ana out, but keep the windows closed. Also, dye her hair and in the medical kit, you will find several nose bandages. Put one on her nose, and see if you can give her a black eye with your make up or something. If anyone asks, we can say her ex-husband beat her and we are taking her home to her family in Arizona."

"A black eye?" Judy asked in surprise.

"Yes, we need to change her looks. The picture is a real good picture. If we don't change them, we will have them chasing us all the way to where we are going," I said.

"Where are we going?" she asked.

"Grandpa's cabin," I said.

"Grandpa didn't have a cabin," Judy asked as she unfastened her seatbelt.

"Not your grandpa, mine. Well actually it was owned by both of them. So, go help Ana ... and, Judy, I love you," I said as I passed a slow moving car.

"Love you too," she said and went to the back of the RV.

I watched behind us, for anyone following. I could feel the hairs on my back of my neck standing up. Reaching over, I turned the GPS/Map computer on. I glanced at the map, and saw the exit for highway 90 was coming up. We could stay on 10, but that was a main road, but 90 went into 98 and we could possibly slip away.

With that thought in my mind, I turned us onto 90 and headed for 98 and the back roads into Mississippi. Ninety minutes later, we were heading North-West on 98 and leaving the state. I was wondering if Sergeant Ricardo Vasquez was still at Camp Shelby if so, I wondered if he could help us out.

"Judy, bring my black note book, and my phone," I shouted.

"I'm busy, can you give me a few?" she shouted back to me.

"OK, as soon as you can. I would appreciate it," I said as I drove. I looked in the side mirror and looked at the blue VW bug coming up on my left side. The bug pulled up beside me, and I couldn't help notice the blond driving the convertible. She was good looking with tits that could have been used for harpoon missiles. I felt myself go hard when I realized she wasn't wearing any pants and I could see her clit. She spread her legs. She looked up at me and ran her finger in her pussy and I could see she was wet. I was staring at her pussy and she removed her hand from her crotch and licked her fingers. She reached down beside her and I saw her pull a dildo out and slip it inside herself.

I was ogling her as I watched her crotch. I didn't notice the pistol that came up in her hand, until the last second. I swerved the vehicle. Just before the two vehicles were to hit, the blond realized her danger. She swerved her car and went off the road. I checked in the mirror, and saw the dust cloud as her car hit the soft dirt. There was no one in sight behind or ahead of us, so I floored the pedal, and left the assassin behind us. I was soon doing seventy. I knew I would have to back off, soon.


1:04 pm

CodieAnn

I stood beside my car and stomped my foot. Jake was going to be pissed that I failed to get them to pull over. He wanted an RV so I was going to get him one. Getting back into the bug, I shifted into reverse and backed up. It took ten minutes of jockeying the car from forward to reverse before I got the bug back onto the road and pressed the gas pedal.

I was climbing up to eighty and hurtled down the road, looking for the new RV I had found. I went past several restaurants and didn't see it parked, so I knew they were still ahead of me. I reached for the phone and picked it up. I was debating calling Jake, but decided not to. I would give it one more chance to get the RV and then let Katie have it up ahead. I just prayed Jake didn't hurt Marybeth for me failing.


Mathew

1:30 pm

I noticed that we were low on gas as we were pulling into the town of Beaumont. I spotted a sign that said, 'Kangaroo Express' so I slowed and pulled into the gas station. I climbed out of the seat and headed to the back of the RV. Looking at the girls I shook my head. Ana was now a bleached blond just like Judy. In fact, they looked like sisters, because Judy had curled her hair into the same style.

"Ana, stay in the RV. Judy, if you want to grab anything from the store, but do it quick," I said.

Pulling my prepaid credit card out, I opened the door and went out. Going around the RV, I swiped my card at the pump. I pulled the gas cap, and started filling the huge tank.

I was filling the tank and watched Judy sashay into the store. I could see her picking up items and glanced at the meter climbing past two hundred and sixty-five dollars.

"If they don't get these gas prices under control, it's going to cause problems," I said to the gentleman filling his pickup.

"It already is young man. Businesses are closing. People are losing their homes because it's either buy food and gas or make a house payments. At least you have that motor home to live in," he replied.

"Yeah, I agree," I said as the handle clicked off.

I looked at the total of three hundred and seventy-nine dollars for ninety-seven gallons. "That's nuts, three hundred and seventy-nine dollars for ninety-seven gallons. Before I went to war in Iraq, gas was a buck a gallon. Bush has ruined this country," I snarled.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.