From Chrysalis to Butterfly
Chapter 9

Copyright© 2010 by Texrep

Guy was extremely complimentary of Marianne's dress. She had given him a glimpse before wrapping the Pashmina round her shoulders. He whispered his delight.

"Are those two ties functional or decorative?" Marianne smiled.

"Functional. I thought I would make it easy for you tonight. Undo those and you get your surprise." She blew him a kiss. He looked eager.

"I can't wait." She was very flattered to see a lump grow in his trousers.

Sylvie and Marianne sat together in the back of the Range Rover. Guy, who was driving and Jason were in the front. Jason spent most of the time turned around so that he could see their two lovely companions and talk with them. Marianne found Jason a very agreeable man. She had been shocked at first as he stood tall at six foot five as Sylvie had informed her. He appeared to be a very muscular man as well. Despite his daunting appearance he was affable and witty keeping them giggling as he pleasured his eyes with the two ladies. After a while though his conversation dried and his eyes were not on them but on the view behind the car. He was watching for about ten minutes seemingly becoming concerned.

"Guy!" He said suddenly. They were travelling along a fairly narrow lane at the time. "When you go round the next bend I would like you to stop, blocking the road."

"What for?"

"Something's amiss. Just humour me will you? When you stop I will get out and I would like you to lock the doors when I do. Ok?"

"Whatever."

Guy picked the stop and told Jason to be ready. He brought the car to a stand quite quickly and Jason was out of the car and walking back the way they had come. Suddenly another car, a grey Ford came round the bend and the driver braked sharply upon seeing the Range Rover in his path. For such a big man Jason ran very quickly to the car and slapped something on the windscreen at the same time pulling open the driver's door. Guy, Sylvie and Marianne were of course stretching their necks to see what was going on. Marianne heard Jason shout. "POLICE. OUT OF THE CAR." Upon hearing those words Marianne looked at Sylvie for an explanation.

"Detective Inspector." Sylvie enlightened her.

The driver did as he was asked. There followed a conversation with the driver fumbling in his inside pocket for identification which he showed to Jason. There were further words with Jason talking quietly but firmly to the other man then listening. Eventually the other driver got back in his car as Jason came back to the Range Rover. Guy unlocked the doors and Jason got in. He was immediately besieged with questions.

"Let's get to the restaurant. We can talk about it there." Abacus was only ten minutes away.

Once they were seated Jason told the tale. His first words were to Marianne.

"Sylvie introduced you as Marianne, but I now know your name is Marion, Marion Urquhart. Is that so?" Marion nodded.

"Yes." With that confirmation Jason went on.

"Your husband, Charles is an important Civil Servant I believe."

"Well I don't know about important, Charles talks very little about his work, but he is in Brussels at the moment."

"Marion. He is important. He has to be otherwise the Security people would not be interested in you."

"Oh!" Jason nodded.

"I don't know what your relationship with Guy is, but I have to tell you Marion a report is being made, and." He turned to Sylvie and Guy. "They know who you are as well."

"Shit!" Sylvie as always had the right word for a situation. Marion was still confused.

"Why would they be interested in me?"

"Your husband is involved in delicate negotiations. They keep tabs on him to ensure that he cannot be pressured into anything and they need to know about you for the same reason. Quite a few powerful men have succumbed to coercion to protect their wives."

"Do you know how long they have been watching me?"

"It don't think it has been long. Probably only since your husband started these negotiations. They look for unusual behaviour and it's only when they notice something odd that they will follow you." Marion slumped thinking that there was a good chance that her two evenings with Guy would be noted, especially the time that she spent in Guy's flat.

The fun had gone out of the evening with this incident. Sylvie and Guy were most worried about what was going to happen.

"What will you say to your husband?" Sylvie was near to tears for her friend.

"Tell him the truth. If there is a report the Permanent Secretary will get it and he will inform Charles, so there's no point in trying to lie about it. If he throws me out so be it."

"Oh Marion. I am so sorry I got you into this." Sylvie was weeping now. Marion took her hand to comfort her.

"No you didn't Sylvie. I am a grown woman and every step of the way I knew what I was doing." She turned to Guy. "Guy I want to say thank you. I would have liked to see much more of you. But I do want to say thank you for letting me flower for a while." Jason coughed to attract their attention.

"As a Policeman I shouldn't say this. But you can only be punished once, no matter how many times you sin. Let's enjoy our meal at least." Marion had one last question for Jason.

"Will he be watching me for the rest of the evening?"

"I doubt it. He's blown and knows we will be on our guard. He won't want to be caught twice by a local plod in one evening. So I think you can relax."

It was a very subdued party that left Abacus later that evening. Marion had heard Jason's comment about only being punished once It was a temptation to stay with Guy tonight, throwing care to the winds, but common sense dictated that she go home. Chastened, frustrated and fearful of the future she took her leave of Guy and drove home.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.