From Chrysalis to Butterfly - Cover

From Chrysalis to Butterfly

Copyright© 2010 by Texrep

Chapter 6

Marion drove into Tunbridge confidently knowing where she could park. She managed the narrow entrance without problem and locked the car. There was an entry system adjacent to the door with signs for 'Flat 1', Flat 2' and 'Shop'. No flat three? Guy had told her that their mother lived in flat three. She pressed the button for 'Shop'. Sylvie opened the door, smiling as she did so.

"Come on in, Marion. It's good to see you again."

"It's good to see you Sylvie."

Sylvie showed Marion in, and as before took a sharp left turn inside the entrance, chatting as she did so.

"If you go straight on you come to the stairs that leads up to our flats. We can't do too much inside or outside the place as it's a listed building. We made this our front door as the parking area was at the back. The original front door leads in to the Boutique now. Come on through Marion and we'll have some coffee.

"Sylvie, I thought Guy told me that your mother lived in a flat here. I saw only buttons for flats one and two." Sylvie nodded.

"Yes. Mum's flat has a separate entrance."

"Oh. Is she here now?"

"No. She, well we have a villa in the Algarve. She spends most of her time there."

They chatted as Sylvie made the coffee. Marion mentioned that Charles was in Brussels and would only be home for the weekends.

"He says for the next three weeks, but I suspect that it will take longer than that." Sylvie turned and winked.

"So while the cat is away... ?" Marion laughed.

"What do you take me for? I'm a happily married woman."

"Of course you are."

Marion changed the subject.

"So where are these outrageous dresses you promised me?"

"Yes. I'll go and get them, in the meantime why don't you get made up. It's all in the Parlour just help yourself. There's a strong possibility that Guy will join us for lunch and you will want to look your best."

"Sylvie. Why are you so keen to get me and Guy together?" Sylvie gave that some thought.

"I don't think that it was a conscious thought, more a reaction to what I saw when Guy joined us for lunch as Ugo's. You came alive, Marion. Your eyes sparkled and you flirted. I know Guy and he was just as interested as you were. That's why I made the suggestion that he take you to dinner. Where you go with him and what happens is up to you." Marion made no comment. Sylvie was right. She had felt a strong attraction to Guy. The more she had thought about it, the more she liked being Marianne. She didn't want to break up her marriage, but she thought that some excitement and colour in her life from time to time would be good. She smiled at Sylvie.

"Ok. Let's look at these dresses." Sylvie returned the smile and got up.

"Right. Let's see how daring Marianne can be."

Marion had just used some lipstick that morning and remembering how Sylvie had used the foundation and blusher she made herself up properly. Sylvie came in and stood behind her watching.

"You're being too subtle with the blusher." She commented. "Keep it light at first and then get more colour as you take it up to your cheekbones." Marion finally finished to Sylvie's satisfaction. "That's good! You've got the hang of it now."

"It's odd." Marion mused. "At Finishing School they taught us how to make up, but not like this. Blusher? Lip gloss? They didn't say anything about those. Perhaps they thought that only loose women used those."

"Well if that's the case that puts me in that category." Sylvie grinned. "Happily!" Marion grinned with her.

"I'm warming to the idea." She replied wickedly.

The dresses were hanging in the changing room. Marion examined them with excitement. The one she really liked was a pale green with a handkerchief skirt. However the shawl neckline with multiple folds seemed to plunge to embarrassing depths. She held it against her, and looked in the mirror trying to imagine where the plunge would finish on her. Sylvie watched, saying nothing. It would be Marion's decision. Marion turned to Sylvie.

"I love this colour and the style, but I don't think I could wear something this revealing."

"You could wear a Pashmina round your shoulders and take it off when you are sitting with Guy, and then it would he alone who would enjoy the view."

"I don't even know it he is going to ask me out again."

"He will. I can guarantee that he will. Why don't you try it on?" Marion was tempted. She looked up and nodded smiling. She unbuttoned her frock preparing to slip it off.

"Take the bra off." Sylvie's tone was determined. Marion was about to argue then her mind said "Sod it".

The dress did fit very well. The handkerchief skirt dropped to within four inches her left ankle and rose just above her right knee. It was cut full with sufficient fabric to wrap over the exposure except when she sat down. Then the weight of the fabric slipped it away and exposed quite a lot of her thigh. The plunging neckline was not as bad as Marion had thought, finally closing at a point just below her breasts. However it gapped sufficiently to reveal the inside curve of her breasts. She turned sideways and was relieved that the cut was good enough not to reveal more.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.