From Chrysalis to Butterfly
Chapter 5

Copyright© 2010 by Texrep

Marion got into her bed at half past midnight surrounded by an aura of good feelings. She couldn't believe that a meal could be such a great experience and so different to her dining experience with Charles. Charles was very formal especially when he was with others from the Department. They were very formal too and the conversation was usually work orientated. They would talk about people that Marion and the other wives didn't know and find wit in the most obscure references frequently making comments in Latin which she didn't understand. The table was always traditional the sexes seated alternately and husbands seated apart from wives.

Guy tonight had shown her a different world, a world where a man could converse with a lady, giving her his complete attention. A world where he would ask and listen to her, really listen to her being interested in what she had to say. He didn't dismiss her arguments as foolishness, taking her points and asking her to illustrate her ideas. He was amusing with a droll sense of humour; he made fun of people's habits but was never hurtful as he made fun of his own idiosyncrasies as well. She was warmed by his frequent compliments, making her feel like a precious jewel to be admired and cosseted. He was cheeky in equal measure, taking every opportunity to view her from the side. She knew why and chastised him and then laughed at his reply.

"Marianne, would not any man try to catch a tiny glimpse of Heaven if he could?" Guy later admitting that her dress was too well cut to satisfy his curiosity. When she was about to get into her car to drive home, he caught her gently by the shoulders and kissed her lips softly. It wasn't a demanding kiss yet still asked a question. Marion would need to answer that question although she wasn't certain what it was. As she snuggled into bed her libido asked her wouldn't she like to kiss him again and perhaps reward him with a better view of her breasts at some time? Marion would say no, but Marianne told her yes, the look of wonder and delight on his face would make her feel so good.

Charles arrived home earlier than she thought on Friday afternoon. It would appear that the discussions broke up on Thursday evening as the Italians had to get back to Rome, something to do with yet another constitutional crisis with their Prime Minister. As usual the car had collected him from St. Pancras station and brought him home despite the fact that some Eurostar services stopped at Ashford in Kent, just thirty miles away. The car made a round trip of over a hundred miles the attitude being that they had the car and the driver who would be paid anyway so it made little difference. The Civil Service, along with many other organisations including the BBC seem to believe that London was the be all and end all in the United Kingdom. The only place that mattered; that they only need concern themselves with what happened in the Metropolis and its environs. That weather forecasts and travel information for any other part of the Country were of little use or relevance. It would never occur to them that travellers from abroad would have an interest in any other destination than London. Therefore the Ashford stop was ignored.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.