Insubordination - Cover

Insubordination

Copyright© 2010 by RPSuch

Chapter 6

Richard Taylor pulled alongside the Atlantic station. He went inside and came out with the key to the men's room.

We pulled up behind him and I got out of the van and followed him into the men's room.

He handed over the key to the rig. I took out a notebook and asked him for the security codes and procedures.

"You don't want us caught, Rick," I reminded him. "Don't leave anything out and please speak slowly."

My writing is illegible. My printing can be read if I do it carefully. It's especially important when I'm writing down numbers. One mistake and we'd set off an alarm.

I asked him to review my notes to make sure I got it right.

While he was reading it I took some rope out of my gym bag.

"It's okay," he said, handing the notebook back to me.

"I'm going to tie you up and put on a gag. If one of the gang comes in to check on you, I don't want them to worry you could get away and mess this up. I didn't tell anyone else the details of our discussion, so if they get worried about you, they'll kill you. I don't want that to happen."

He nodded his understanding.

I indicated he should turn around so I could tie his hands behind him. "When we've secured the load, I'll come back and release you. Your family will be fine."

"I don't want you to hurt them," he said.

"I don't plan to. By the way, don't ever talk to anybody about this. My word you can count on. If the other guys find out you talked, they won't take it well. They will kill you. What they do about your family would depend on what kind of mood they're in. You really don't want to risk that."

"How can I be sure they won't hurt us anyway?"

I indicated he should sit on the toilet in the stall. I started to tie his feet. "They don't get violent for no reason. The only contact you'll have with them is if you talk."

He had a worried look on his face.

"I won't let them do anything," I said.

I opened the door after I finished and signaled we were ready to go. Frank sent the dumber of the two guns in to check on Rick.

"Maybe I should just pop him," the well-toned collection of muscle suggested.

"I don't think you want to do that without, uh, the boss' approval."

"Oh, you mean —"

"No names!" I said. "You can see he isn't going anywhere. Let's get going."

He followed me out.

I spoke with Frank's replacement driver. I gave him the notebook and explained the procedures. I had him explain them back to me to be sure he didn't mess it up.

He entered the cab and I got back in the van. Mickey was driving.

We took the lead and everyone followed us to a nearby warehouse. We pulled around the back to an empty dock.

The fleet of vans pulled up. Two men exited each vehicle and started unloading the trailer into their vans.

When they were about two-thirds done, I walked over to Frank.

"I'm going to go back to release the driver."

"Are you sure he isn't going to talk?" he asked.

"I made you sound like big, scary mobsters. There is no way he'll say anything, not that he knows much except doing what I told him."

"Well, you made this very easy, lad. And you've done me proud with the pharmaceuticals. I trust your judgment."

"I'll see you later, Frank."

I took the lone car in our caravan and drove back to the Atlantic station.

I untied the gag first and continued to release him.

I looked at him meaningfully. "I trust it goes without saying."

He gave me a serious look. "It goes without saying."

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.