Breakdown
Chapter 1: Friday, November 16th, 2012 - 0600

Copyright© 2010 by MisguidedChild

Bill woke up to a different world that Friday morning. He hadn't slept well the night before because of the news of the bombing in Washington DC. He turned on the news as soon as he got up to get the latest developments and learned of the assassination of President Julian. Well, he wasn't sworn in as president yet but the American people had elected him and Bill considered him the president. The first thing Bill did was call his son but he had just turned the news on too. Rob only watched for a few moments with Bill on the phone before he said, "Dad, I think we need to load up and get to the property. I will be there as quick as I can." Bill agreed with him completely.

Rob and Bill each had a list of what they would need if they had to head for the hills in an emergency. Rob had insisted on it because, as he put it, "When shit hits the fan we just won't have time to figure out what we need." Bill kidded him about it every chance he got, but he always made sure his list was up to date and most of the supplies on the list were packed. The items that weren't already packed were readily available and easy to pack. Bill finished loading everything in his F250 in a little over an hour but it took Rob almost two hours. Bill didn't know if he was more organized or if it just took longer to pack if you have a wife and 13 year old son helping. Rob lived about 50 miles away from Bill's home in north Phoenix on the other side of Apache Junction. By the time Rob called to let Bill know he was headed for Bill's house it was about 9:00 AM. The riots had already started in Phoenix.

Fox 10 News had reports and video of crowds numbering in the thousands clashing at the state house in downtown Phoenix. Supporters of the Julian/Paladin ticket clashed with supporters of President Maloliden and the thin line of county sheriff riot control officers were overwhelmed in the avalanche of people. Signs supporting both candidates were being waved which was similar to many of the political marches over the last six months. Many of the signs were being used as clubs by each side against their opposition while angry demonstrators screamed at each other at close range. The difference in this clash was that both sides came armed and the reporter didn't even try to estimate the number of dead or wounded. Several other riots were reported around the city and all were reporting rifle, pistol, and shotgun fire. The National Guard was called out before noon in an attempt to restore order.

Bill next talked to Rob on a cell call a little after 11:00 AM. The freeway was blocked so Rob had tried to cut through town. He ran into of one of those mobs and some of them turned on him. His son had an F250 too so the crowds' attempt to stop him was unsuccessful. It is easy to turn over one of those little cars like you see rioters do in the news footage. It is a whole different ball of wax when they try to turn over or stop a fully loaded ¾ ton crew cab pickup truck. It is especially difficult when the occupants of the truck are shooting back.

Bill could hear yelling and shots in the background and his daughter-in-law screaming something when Rob called on the cell.

"Dad, I can't get to you," Rob yelled. "It's too crazy down here and I can't get through. I need to turn around and try to get there the back way by Roosevelt Lake."

Bill was scared because the sounds coming over his cell sounded like an angry beast which he guessed was what a mob was. "Okay, Rob. I'll leave now and try to get to you by a different route. We can meet on the road to the lake."

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.