The Return of Lilly Rose - Cover

The Return of Lilly Rose

Copyright© 2010 by Calma

Chapter 16

Paul has the board of directors help him in researching. They come across his logs on the new team he formed. All through the logs, he questions whether Ryan is really who he says he is. Paul does not rush to conclusions. He goes to the human resources office and pulls Ryan's file. He studies the background information gathered. There was not a lot of information. Something did strike his curiosity. Ryan's hometown is Vittsburg Pennsylvania. He has read that name somewhere before. He studies it for a long time. Why does that town strike a cord he wonders? It just does not come to him. Researching Nick's past is not easy. In his lifetime, he made a lot of enemies and a lot of friends who could be enemies. He decides that there is only one person that could help him cut through the mountain of information. He decides to call on Petra. He makes his way to her store. He walks in and is confronted by Roxanne. He cannot stand this woman. He ignores her and goes in search of Petra. She is nowhere to be found.

He goes back to the front of the store, "Where is Petra?"

"She is not here."

"I can see that. Where is she?"

"She went to talk to the owner of a boutique on the other side."

"Susie?"

"I do believe that is the person."

He just walks out. He heads up the street to Susie's boutique. He walks in and Pamela comes out of the back room.

"Good morning, Paul."

"Good morning Pam, is a lady by the name of Petra here?"

"Why yes, we are having coffee in my office. Come on."

He follows her to the office. Petra stands up when Paul enters.

"Hi Paul, what brings you here?"

"I am just needing some help. It can wait until you finish. Do you mind if I join you?"

"Not at all, do you like cream and sugar in your coffee."

"Just black please."

She pours him a cup of coffee. They all sit down and talk about everyday things. Petra tells Pamela that she will help promote her clothes. When they finally finish an hour later, Paul escorts Petra back to her suite.

"Ok Paul, you can stop pretending now. What is it you want?"

"I knew you were highly perceptive. I need to find out who Nick's worst enemies were."

"That is easy. They are all dead."

"What?"

"Every single one of them are dead."

"What about Spider?"

"Spider could never defeat Nick with out help. Nick considered him a nuisance more than competition."

"Could that have been his undoing?"

"No, Spider doesn't have the brains to pull something like that off by himself."

"Can you think of anyone that held a grudge against Nick."

"There are several. Spider of course, Ryan, Larry Vincent, the L?n Cheàs, couple of warlords in the triangle, the Yakuza, the triads, the Korean Mafia, the mob, and many others. But, none of them have the intelligence or such an elaborate plan just take Nick out. You are still having problems. I don't think it was Nick they were after. I think they knew they had to get him out of the way first. I think whoever it is, is after the Organization."

"No one knows we exist."

"Paul do you really believe what you just said."

"No I guess I don't."

"Whoever is doing this it is personal."

"What do you mean personal."

"Well they took out Nick. Now they are going after the whole organization. It is personal. I think it goes back to the beginning. You were a founding member. Was there anyone who held a grudge against all of you?"

"I don't know."

"How many of you were there?"

"There was ten of us."

"Paul it is time to tell all. You know it won't go any farther. How many are still alive?"

"Six maybe seven of us are still around."

"What do you mean maybe seven?"

"Three of us died in actions, and two of us retired. You know four of us John, Brother, Lane's father, and me. At the time, Lane's father called himself something else."

"Who is the missing member?"

"His name was Benny Austin. At the time, he was the smartest man I knew. People called him a geek. That man could make anything work. Couple of years in to working on the project, I was informed that Benny disappeared."

"Do you know why?"

"Nope, I was busy doing field work. About the time he disappeared one of our members turned up dead mysteriously. The pathologist said it was a heart attack. I had my doubts. We required each other to have monthly check ups with an extremely candid doctor."

"Who was the doctor?"

"Sven' son, he use to get on to John all of the time about gaining one or two pounds. He still does. We were all healthy specimens."

"Maybe that is who you need to talk to. Maybe this mystery disappearance and death has something to do with it. You might get together with the remaining members and get your answers. I can't help you anymore than that Paul."

"You have done more than anyone else has Petra. Thank you." He says as he walks out.

Lane and Cal head to San Diego. Paul said they moved Ryan out to an information station there. They get in late at night and decide to wait until morning to go to the station. The next morning they drive out to an old farm building. Lane buzzes the intercom. No one answers. They do this for about twenty minutes. Lane gets irritated. He pulls out a pair of bolt cutters out of the trunk of the car. Macgyver has nothing on him. He cuts the bolts on the lock and the gate swings open. They get back in the car and drive the two miles to the farmhouse. Lane stops the car a hundred yards from the house. Cal and he gear up. Cal goes around to the back of the house and makes his way to the back door. Lane cautiously approaches the front door. Spray painted on the wall is the word "FOOLS". He kicks in the front door. Lying in front of the door is a dead woman with her clothes ripped off her. Cal gets in the back door. He surveys the destruction of the kitchen. The stench is overwhelming for both of them. Nick moves on in to the house. He knows no one is alive he holsters his pistol and almost is shot by Cal coming out of the kitchen.

"Whoa, don't shoot bubba."

"Sorry Lane, we should have brought com-links."

"How many people did Paul say was at this station?"

"Seven, six women and two men counting Ryan."

"Let's do a head count. Fuck the stench is getting to me. Call Paul and tell him to get a forensic team out here. I am going outside a minute and get some masks from the car."

"Are you sure you are not Macgyver."

"Hell no I bring along the right equipment every time."

"Go get the masks I am suffocating."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.