The Return of Lilly Rose - Cover

The Return of Lilly Rose

Copyright© 2010 by Calma

Chapter 15

Jimmy spends the next few days going over the books. He gets sick of looking at numbers. He takes his break by joining in the fights in the arena. Saturday comes around. Viktor visits him in the office.

"Good morning sir, we are going to have a very large turn out tonight. The townspeople are extremely happy. They haven't seen so much money."

"What about fighters?"

"We will have four to five hundred competitors. Some of them are well known. There is also a group from Turkey. They are very silent. They registered with just an initial. I think they will be excellent."

"Out of the well known, who strikes you as the most dangerous?"

"The Calm One and a girl are here. If he has trained her she will be the most dangerous."

"He is pretty dangerous too. I hear he only competes with himself and time."

"That is true sir. He has never had anyone come close to marking him."

"That is a bunch of shit. You're telling me no one has even given him a scratch."

"Yes sir, we asked him for proof. He dispatched six fairly good men in a matter of seconds. None of them touched him."

"What does this girl look like?"

"I didn't really see her face. Her hair was the color of blood. She was taller than me. I think she helped the Calm one. I never seen her move though. She wore this large black cape that hid her face and body."

"What was her name?"

"Omega is what she wrote down."

"The end, hmmm, if she is his student, she might just be the end."

"Bring them here. I want to meet them."

"Yes sir. Do you want Steven to search them?"

"No do not bother. With his reputation, it wouldn't do any good. He would kill me with his hands before anyone could stop him."

"Yes sir."

Viktor leaves the room. Jimmy sits back with a smile on his face. Wouldn't it be great if he gets the world's greatest fighter to join him? He walks over to the bar and pours himself a drink. He almost sits back down, when Viktor enters with an average looking man and a hooded figure. The man does not seem dangerous until he looks in his eyes. The figure moves forward. The man stops her. He does not think much about it. Lilly sees the man that killed Nick. Karl knows that to get to the bottom of this mess, he needs this man alive.

"Welcome Calm One. My name is Spike. My friends call me Jimmy. Please have a seat." He walks over and sits down behind the desk. Karl and Lilly remain standing. Jimmy is a little annoyed. "Would you care for a drink?"

"No, what purpose have you asked us here?"

"I just wanted to meet the most famous assassin ever."

"Mata Hari was the most famous assassin. I am a nobody."

"Au contraire my friend, in the game you are the most famous. What brings you to our humble arena?"

"I need to test my protégé. She needs a little refinement."

"And a million dollars wouldn't hurt either."

"I am a millionaire several times over. Money does not motivate us."

"So, you are only here to test her."

"That is correct."

"How long have you been training her?"

"Since she was a child, why do you question me this way?"

"I want to get to know you and her. Do you have a first name? It would pain me to call you Calm One all of the time."

"I do, you will never hear it though."

"You're an asshole. I will call you Calm then."

"As for being an asshole maybe, as for still being alive, it is because no one knows who I am."

"Fair enough, what is her name?"

"You can call her omega."

"Does she not speak for herself?"

"No she is a mute."

"How does she communicate?"

"She doesn't. I tell her what to do and she does it."

"Could you ask her to take off her cape?"

"When the battle is joined she will reveal herself and only then."

"Very well, I think I know less than when you walked in the door. Please follow Viktor. He will take you to a room where you can clean up."

They leave the room. Viktor shows them to a room in the middle of the second floor. After Viktor leaves, Lilly starts to say something to Karl. He smacks her and motions her to be quiet. He walks over to the door. He motions her to quickly open the door. He pulls his arm back and clinches his fist. He nods to her and she jerks the door open. When the door opens Viktor almost falls in to the room. Karl does not hesitate. He hits Viktor behind the right ear. The force of the blow slams his head in to the door. He picks Viktor up and motions Lilly to stay and shut the door. He carries Viktor back to the office. Steven stops him in the hallway. Karl is tired of wasting time. Still holding Viktor, he hits Steven in a point right behind his elbow. Steven's arm goes numb. He starts to swing his other arm. Karl hits him in the throat dropping him to the floor gasping for air. Karl kicks in the office door and walks in. Jimmy jumps up drawing a pistol. Karl throws Viktor on the floor.

"I think this is yours. When he wakes up, you might want to tell him eavesdropping could get him killed."

"What did you do to Steven?"

"He will be ok, when he can catch his breath and his arm quits hurting. Did you send him to listen?"

Jimmy calms down and sits back down. He puts his pistol on the desk.

"No, I didn't. I doubt if I will say something to him either. He is a very valuable asset."

"In this case, tell your asset to be more careful."

He walks out the door and makes his way back to his room. He enters the room. Lilly waits for him to shut the door. When he turns around, she punches him in the middle of the sternum. He is slammed against the door. Again, she starts to say something. Clutching his chest, Karl motions her to be silent. He walks over to his gear. He pulls out some strange equipment. He shows her how to put it on. He then with out talking speaks to her.

"Can you hear me?" She starts to say something. "No talking, speak like your whispering these mikes will pick up your vocal cords. Do not utter a sound."

She nods and tries it. Her first attempt comes out garbled. He motions for her to keep trying. Finally, she gets the hang of it.

"How is this?"

"Good, now why the hell did you punch me?"

"Because you slapped me."

"I was trying to keep you quiet. This place could be bugged."

"Sorry, I didn't think."

"That is ok. No harm is done. Who taught you to punch like that?"

"Nick, what are we to do now?"

"Compete and win, I will watch your back. From here on keep these on when you want to talk. We will wear them in the arena. Depending on how he runs the show. We will start at opposite ends. Don't take your cape off until he starts it. Time to get some rest. We will need all we can get."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.