The Return of Lilly Rose - Cover

The Return of Lilly Rose

Copyright© 2010 by Calma

Chapter 14

Spike goes in to the kitchen. He fixes himself breakfast. He walks in to the living room to eat. Hanz is sitting in a chair.

"What are you doing here Hanz?"

"I missed you my friend."

"We are not friends Hanz. I found one of the best assassins in the world and I hired him. All you are to me is a means to an end."

"Well spoken my friend. You see we are friends. We have a mutual admiration of killers. We both like the finer things in life. And, we are not as we seem."

"What exactly do I seem?"

"You are a man with a very disturbing past. You are smarter than the people you pretend to work for. I have a feeling you are using them. It is strange when an underling makes policy."

"I just guide them in the right direction."

"Why did you really take out your brother?"

"You're good. I will not answer that question. Which will probably confirm your suspicions. As you realize these people are being used as a means to an end."

"I have a sneaking feeling that it would be wiser to assist you. I do not want to know who you are working for or with. I want in. I do not need more money. I just need the thrill of deceit."

"That sounds reasonable. Would you care to join me for breakfast?"

"I am afraid I would not eat that."

"Ok by me. I will have to make contact with my benefactor. If you attempt to blackmail me I will kill you."

"That would be detrimental to your operation."

"No, I do not think so. You can go to anyone of these fools and they will not believe you. Spider has a special place in his heart for you."

"I could have taped our conversation."

"You should realize that I have a high tech system in my home. If you did tape our conversation, it would come out a garbled mess. I know that you have tried. Pull out your recorder and see for yourself."

He reaches in his pocket and pulls out a recorder rather than playing it he throws it on the coffee table.

"Well played."

"I truly feel like killing you."

"I would too. However, if I am willing to do this to one I feel is my friend. Imagine what I would do to one I don't like?"

"That is why I haven't killed you. We will not be friends. I will use you. What I ask you will not refuse? If you hesitate I won't."

"Very good, I agree. You still owe me your life. Now, I give you mine."

"Let us begin. I need you assassinate Phillipé L?n Cheà. I do not want anyone to be able to trace it back to us."

"I will do it. However, I am confused why are we going after the second son?"

"We want them to think it was someone else. If we kill someone higher up they will panic. I don't want that. I want them angry enough to make an assault against their rivals. This way a lot of their soldiers are killed off."

"I see now what is going on. You and your benefactor are trying to take over the whole game."

"In a way, I guess we are. I will leave all of the details up to you. Let me know immediately after you have it done."

"Sounds like fun. I will let you finish your breakfast. One more thing, how soon do you need this done?"

"In the next twenty-four hours."

He says no more and walks out. Jimmy eats his breakfast and contemplates on his plans.

The next morning he awakes to his phone ringing.

"What?"

"Phillipé was killed last night. I need you to get over here now."

"I am on my way."

He arrives at the house. Spider runs over to him.

"This isn't good. Who ever did it knew what he was doing."

"Why do you say that?"

"They had to be able to make the shot off the property. None of the sensors or alarms went off. His wife woke up this morning bloody. One of the pane glasses is busted."

"We only know one group that is capable of that."

"That is what bothers me. Why didn't they take out someone more important?"

"There pattern is to take out the lower echelon first and then go after the bosses. Or, they try to take them all out at the same time. I think this is the beginning. We are going to have to go after them."

"I think your right. Where do we need to start?"

"The Asians are the ones providing all of the information. I think we get them first. Send Alexander, Daniaca, and Javon to the states. Have them contact Larry. Have Larry get with Greg. Maybe, he can point them in some direction."

"Ok, do it. I will have Axe and Hanz moved in here to the villa. They can provide security for the old man."

"We need a few more specialists. I am going back to the arena."

"Don't stay too long. Keep your phone on in case I need you."

He goes back home and calls Hanz.

"Good job, they are moving you in to the villa as the old man's bodyguard. Keep your eye on Axe. He takes his job a little too seriously. We might have to take him out early. I am going back to the arena. We need a couple of more members to help us out. Alexander, Daniaca, and Javon are with us. They are going to the states to stir up the hornets nest."

"Good, while I am there do you need me to do anything else?"

"Yes, I want you to compile a list of every member of the house. When I get back we will create some chaos."

He arrives at the arena the next day. He finds Viktor.

"What kind of talent have you found?"

"No one special, there are a couple of females that work good together. One good assassin would take them both out."

"Can we train them?"

"I think it would take longer than it would be worth."

"Do you have a way to spread it around that we are looking for specialists?"

"Yes sir. Fane had a fairly intricate underground network. How do you want me to advertise it?"

"Let's call it a worldwide competition. A million dollar pay off ought to do the trick."

"Yes sir that will work."

"All right set it up for Saturday. I am going to go get some sleep. Where is Steven?"

"He went shopping when he found out you were coming here."

"When he gets back send him up to my room."

The next day Cal, Lilly and Lane go to see Paul at the mansion. When they arrive, the Calm One is sitting in the living room. Lane sees him in a different atmosphere. The man is smiling constantly.

"Calm One I need a favor?"

"You can call me by my first name Lane. It is Karl. I am named after my maternal grandfather. I am Dutch Irish and Indian. I have had no military training. I learned most of my skills from my paternal grandfather. He sent me overseas to learn from the best martial artists in the world. I was so skilled I caught the eye of a CIA operative in the Philippines. I have been an assassin ever since. You said you knew my weakness what do you think it is?"

"I don't think it Karl. I know it. You have been on top of the game for so long. You have never met your equal. It is your ego."

"Touché, I will help you any way I can."

"Are you still on top of your game?"

"Yes, very much so."

"Good I need someone to go to Vasillie's arena. I want you to go."

"There is no competition there."

"I don't want you to win. I want you to be a number two or three competitor. I want you to keep your skills disguised. Do you think you can pull it off?"

"Easily, I will need a second."

"Lilly will be going as your second. Or, first in the sense. I want her to show most of her skill. You're going to act like her second. They have never seen either one of you." He walks near Lilly and his detector goes off. He stops and pulls out the detector and moves it over her body. When it gets near her watch, it goes crazy. He removes her watch. He shakes it out. A black dot falls out on the table. This is getting irritating to him. He smashes the bug.

"How long have you been wearing that watch?"

"I just put it back on today. I leave it in my room when I go out. Nick gave it to me."

"Has anyone besides you touched in the last six months?"

"No one I can think of."

Cal says, "That new guy Roberts did at the restaurant. Where we found the other bugs."

"He wasn't calling himself William or Bill Roberts?" Lane asks.

"Yeah he was. Do you know him?"

"I sure do. His real name is Greg Brownwood. He had to change his name to go to college his old crimes were being held against him. He couldn't get a job. Nick suggested he change his name. Nick provided him the false documents. When he was finished with college he went to work for an elderly architect in town."

"Shit, he is working at the facility."

"Where at?"

"Maintenance for the turbines."

"Karl can you wait here for us. I must take care of this immediately. Lilly stay here. Cal and I will take care of this."

"He is a nice man don't hurt him."

"Don't worry, he owes me his life. I might have to rough him up a little bit to remind him. Let's go Cal."

Karl asks, "Might I come along?"

"Fine, just stay out of my way."

"Thank you."

The three of them start to go out the front door.

Paul stops them, "Cal take them through the tunnel it will be faster."

Lilly states, "He owns a warehouse in the district. He converted it so he can live there."

Lane curses, "Crap, there is an entrance over there. Is it the warehouse right between the railroad tracks?"

"Yeah it is how did you know?"

"You forget this is all mine. I know the caves better than anyone does. We can't go at this from one side he will slip out the other. Lilly you come with me. Cal you and Karl go through the facility. One of us will flush him to the other. Paul do you have any com-links here?"

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.