The Return of Lilly Rose
Chapter 10

Copyright© 2010 by Calma

Lilly inspects Lane's new clothes. There are several of them for different seasons and occasions. Everyone of the shirts has an extension around the collar. It is a synthetic mask that covers his face from the nose down. He has shirts that are sleeveless, short sleeve, long sleeve with matching jackets and coats. She loves his look.

However, she thinks one more thing needs to be done, "We need to change your hair color."

"No."

"Don't say no. You still look too much like Nick."

"I wouldn't argue with her Lane," Paul pipes in. "She knows how much you look like your brother. Including your haircuts. It would be a good idea to change the cut. I have one more suggestion."

"What would that be?"

"I think you need to act like a mute. Be careful who you speak around. It worked for me for years."

"Ok, I might find out more that way. I need some specialized equipment. You wouldn't happen to know someone we can trust."

"I have the perfect man. We will go talk to him when we get to Metropolitan City."

After he leaves the Wilhelmina's, the man called Gregor decides to have a little more fun before going back to Metropolitan City. He heads back to Vasillie's arena. He is met at the door by Ricardo.

"Vasillie wants to see you in his office."

"I know where it is."

He starts walking towards the office and Ricardo follows him. He starts getting suspicious. Ricardo does not act like anything is wrong. Maybe, Vasillie is just wondering how he is doing. He still does not like it. He does his best to stay several steps in front of Ricardo. When he reaches the office door, he does not knock. He walks right in. He walks up to the desk. Vasillie's chair is turned away from him.

"What do you want Vasillie?" No one answers. He hears a thud at the door. He runs to the door and tries to open it. Crap, he thinks to himself. It was a trap. He turns back to the desk. Sitting in Vasillie's chair is the reason why.

"Hello Gregor, where have you been?"

"None of your fucking business."

"That is where you are wrong. You still owe me."

"I don't owe you anything. I took care of your problem for you. Now we are done."

"Do you think that problem you took care of was worth more than the life I saved for you?"

"In my book, yes it was."

"It isn't your book we go by though."

"You still have a debt to pay. The only way you will get out of it, is when I am dead or you are."

"What do you want?"

"I need Intel on the people you are working for."

He looks at the man shocked, "How did you know I was working?"

"What you thought I was going to let you go out on your own with out an escort."

"Yes I did. Now what do you want to know?"

"Who is in charge, What are there abilities, How do I get to them? You know exactly what I want to know. Quit playing games."

"I honestly don't know who is in charge. It is setup like a large corporation where you don't know who is on top. I met an old friend of yours there."

"Who?"

"Cal Thomas, it seems he is still looking for you. If his young friend had not disappeared for a few months he would have caught you in France."

"I know all about Thomas. Is that all you have."

"Pretty much, I haven't been able to get a lot of information yet. I have limited access right now. Give me some time and I will get what you want."

"This time you are going back with a leash. You will stop in Washington. I have arranged a meeting. He will meet you at the airport."

"How will I know him?"

"You don't worry about that. He knows you."

"Which airport?"

"National, you need to be there in two days. Don't be late."

"Where is Vasillie? We need to square up."

"Mr. Vasillie has met with an unfortunate accident. He thought you were worth more than I did."

"He owes me money."

The man reaches in the desk and sets several thousand dollars on the table.

"Is that enough?"

"One of these days, my old friend, I will be free of you."

"Not in my lifetime. Good-bye Gregor."

"Until the next time Jimmy."

He picks up the money and leaves the room. Ricardo is lying in his own blood on the floor. A large man stands there with his arms crossed over his chest. He moves through the building thinking of this prison he has put himself in. It would have been easier if he would have just died. He no longer found enjoyment in his life. All of the good things in life was making him weary. The one thing that kept him from killing himself was the thought of Lilly. She was pure and simple. Maybe, she will runaway with him. He has more than enough money. They can go hide where no one can find them. Hopefully, she has returned. He hurries out of the building and disappears in to the night.

The man called Jimmy makes a phone call.

"Spider, I found the moron."

"Is he going to help us?"

"I didn't give him a choice. I also told him to report to Vincent."

"All right, get back here. The old man wants to start phase two as soon as possible."

"If it is ok with you. I am going to check out the talent level around here."

"Yeah, but hurry it up. We have a lot of work to do."

He hangs up the phone and heads out to the arena. He walks up behind the announcer.

He whispers, "I am your new boss. If you react the wrong way I am going to kill you where you stand." The man nods his head. "Good boy, now make the announcement that the management has changed hands and the new owner is looking for talent. All of those interested in employment need to be in the arena in ten minutes."

The man nods and does as he was instructed. After the man is finished, he has the man follow him in to the corridor.

"I need a man that knows talent. Can you run this place?"

"Yes sir, I do the day to day operations now."

"Good, you are now in charge. I am going to leave my large friend with you to help."

"What do you want me to do?"

"I need skilled assassins. I know you get a lot of former communist that miss the cold war and others that miss the good times. You find them and my friend here will send them to me. Pick only the best and don't fuck this up. I would hate having to come back here."

"I will do what you want."

"Let's get this going I need three to four of the best you have."

The announcer walks back out to the arena. Jimmy walks around the outside of the arena looking at the people. A man on the balcony motions for him to come up. He heads up the stairs. Two bodyguards meet him at the top of the stairs. He slips one of his spikes up the sleeve of his jacket. He allows the men to search him. They find his pistol and his other spike. They allow him to enter.

The man that waved him up says, "Welcome, my boss would like a few words with you."

"And who is your boss?"

"He owns this place. Your announcement has perturbed him. Won't you have a seat?"

"I guess I don't have much of a choice."

A big fat Italian gentleman enters the room.

"Who the fuck do you think you are?"

"I am the man that is taking over."

"This is my place. What happened to my man Vasillie?"

"He got greedy. He will no longer be joining us."

"You killed my man and talk to me this way. Take him out and kill him."

The two guards grab him. He slips the spike in to his hand. He stabs the one on his left in the neck. The man releases him immediately. The other bodyguard reaches for his pistol. He was too slow. Spike stabs him three times in the chest. He pushes the man out of the way. The Italian's mouthpiece reaches for his weapon. He throws his spike putting it through the man's left eye. He recovers his weapons from the guard who took them. The Italian tries to get out of his seat. He is so large he struggles. Spike turns his attention on him.

"Now that we have got them out of the way, let's have a little talk. Who are you?"

"Vincent Fane."

"Ah, what is your connection to Guido?"

"He was my father."

"I see. Well like father like son."

He shoots him six times in the torso. He recovers and cleans his weapons. He walks out on to the balcony. The announcer sees him. He motions for him to continue.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.