The Return of Lilly Rose
Chapter 4

Copyright© 2010 by Calma

He gets back to the warehouse and hurries to his computer. He listens to the conversation after he left them. He knows if Cal gets suspicious, he is going to be in trouble. He hurriedly gets in to the administrations computer system. He searches the names of all of the employees, past and present. He searches for anyone he knows that is still alive. 'Bingo, ' he says to himself. This will be perfect, Randolph Hayes, his old mentor. He finds his file in the computer and changes the name of the person who recommended him. He had better call Randolph and set up his alibi.

The phone rings a couple of times and a female answers, "Hello this is Hayes Architect."

"I would like to speak to Randolph Hayes please."

"Who can I say is calling?"

"An old friend, tell him it is Bill Roberts."

A couple of minutes goes by. Randolph Hayes get on the phone.

"Bill is it really you?"

"It's me Randolph. How are you?"

"I am in fine shape. How about you? What are you up to?"

"I haven't got a whole lot of time. I need you to do me a favor."

"What is it?"

"Do you remember doing architect work on a place called the Facility."

"Yeah, it was deep in some caves in metropolitan city. I tried to get you hired on there before you went to Canada. Why?"

"I was doing some cave explorations and happened to end up in this Facility. I liked what I saw and wanted the time to explore it some more. The only way I could do that was to say I was hired to work on their hydrogen turbines."

He laughs, "So, you got yourself in another bind. How can I help?"

"If anyone calls could you tell them you recommended me. I don't need any more trouble. I just want to see the magnificent place and then quit."

"It would be my pleasure Bill. After you get done, come see this old man. We need to catch up on each other."

"I will it might take me a couple of months to explore this place."

"I am not hurrying off. I can help too. Anytime, you get lost on any of the levels there is always a way out. A wall panel is marked with a red 'E'. If you push on each end of the 'E' at the same time, a small door will open. It was one of my creations. One other thing, you designed the elevator system."

"I will remember thanks Randolph. I will see you in a couple of months."

He hangs up the phone. He goes back to his computer and continues listening to the rest of the conversation. He had never just sat around listening to other people. He writes down information he thinks is relevant. He gets bored and skips some of the petty conversations. It gets very interesting when they meet up with someone called Father. He sounds oriental. The information he over hears kind of shocks him. He wishes he knew all of this before. He gets tired of listening and goes to bed. He wakes up the next morning and listens to what he had missed the night before. He hooks up an earpiece so he can hear what is going on with her at all times. He gets ready and heads to his pick up. Gaylord catches him before drives off.

"We have a slight problem. The city wants to inspect the place in two weeks and then again when we are finished."

"That is not a problem. Work on that wall covering the cave up first."

"That is a problem with Mikey and his partner down their I can hear everything up here. If you set those bobcats loose down there they will probably hear them up here."

"I have a solution. I have a friend that has made a soundproof material that you can cover the entrance with. I will have him deliver some this afternoon. How about that problem solved."

"Not quite, your little fright you put in to Amanda, has made her absolutely worthless."

"Spank her."

"What, she is twenty-three years old. I ain't spanking her."

"Ok, I will do it when I get back."

He laughs, "All you buddy. I hope she don't scratch your eyes out."

"I think she is too scared of me to do that. I need to run. I will holler at you when I get back. Tell her to get back to work and threaten her with me, if she doesn't shape up."

"I will. See you later."

He arrives at the facility and goes to the administration office. The secretary smiles at him. She buzzes Brenda. She comes out of the back office and greets him.

"Mr. Roberts what can I do for you today?"

"I was wondering if I could get a copy of my W-Four. I forgot to get one the other day?"

"Sure, why don't you go on back to my office. I will make you a copy."

"Thank you," he says and heads to her office. He gets in the office and removes his black box from the computer. He sits back in his chair and waits for her to return. She comes in and flutters her eyes at him. He does his best to keep from laughing. He thanks her and walks out. He stops at the reception desk and asks the secretary for directions to Tom Inman's office. The secretary flirts with him the whole time. He wishes he knew what had gotten in to them. Knowing that secretaries no more of what is going on than the bosses he flirts with her. As he leaves, he hears her sigh. He waits until he gets on the elevator and bursts out laughing.

He decides to eat breakfast first. He gets to Serenity. Fred takes his order rather than sitting at the booth, he sits a table away. He puts his earpiece in and turns it to the bug in Lilly's watch. He hears two people breathing and nothing else. He wonders who she is with. He finishes his breakfast and sips at his coffee. The breathing in his earpiece gets heavier and heavier. Fred comes out of the kitchen to refill his coffee. A scream of ecstasy in his earpiece makes him almost fall out of his chair. The patrons of the restaurant wonder what is going on.

Fred asks him, "Hey are you ok?"

He makes up an excuse, "Sorry about that. Sometimes I lose my equilibrium." The voices are still moaning in his earpiece.

"What have you got some nervous disorder or something?"

"No, I have ear problems he shows him the earpiece."

"Ok, can the doctors do anything for that?"

He wishes Fred would just leave him alone. He is starting to get a woody and he is ruining it.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.