Battlemage: Book 9 - Glimpses Into Tomorrow
Chapter 12

Copyright© 2010 by Risq

"So all the tests prove that Beth is now resistant to all forms of poison?" asked Anne-Marie as she put down one of the various reports that she had been looking over in front of her and leaned back in her chair.

She now had the six of them in her office once again and she was looking them over.

Once they returned to the guild, the first thing Ayden and a few of the mature Sisters did was to check out Beth. He was the best able to tell them what he did and the few White mage they had needed his help to run their test.

While she appeared healthy, Ayden was concerned. And once they reported the reason why he was concerned the Sisters were concerned as well about long term relapse or unknown factors because of the nature of her cure. They didn't know if it was the plague that caused this or how Ayden cured her or a combination of the two.

But no one was prepared for what was to be reported as a final outcome.

"So whatever you did to save her life made her totally resistant to all forms of it now. Hmm ... you know I sent you two with them because I thought you might like to visit awhile longer and because Beth needed to face her fears," said Anne-Marie

She just chuckled as she looked at a blushing Beth.

"What is it with your family pulling off the impossible and in doing so it often changes the people you love for the better because of it? Yes I know, and that's why I sent you both with them. You'd have to be dead and buried to miss what was between you both.

"You know, Beth really needed to quit beating up all the young men in the town and this was the best way to do it before she went broke paying for damages," said Anne-Marie to Ayden, as she could also see a once again furiously blushing Beth trying to look away from her.

"I didn't do it to change her, but save her life. I didn't know the combination of magic and the plague in her blood stream would do that," said Ayden.

"Well, it doesn't matter. In the end you did what you felt was right to save her and that is all that matters. I have your report Beth. It seems you four, with your brothers help, fought off a small army.

"If you didn't have the accident and the theft then the Sisters would have been discredited with not only being hired to guard the shipment, but it would have made us look just as bad to help by being the distributors as well.

"That Jasper Tolliver was pretty cunning. We refused to help him before because of how illegal his various businesses were. He was even into slave trafficking at one point kidnapping people from the poor quarters of towns, but this was pretty cunning of him to find a way to try and destroy our guild so easily. I'm glad you all, you boys included, didn't let that happen. I'm also glad I trusted my gut on you boys.

"Not to mention that Haley seemed to have waited until now to show her true potential, I'm still at a loss for what made her decide now was the time to show what I always suspected was true, and Gem once again defeated groups of fighters and even a higher level mage using her brain to out think them all using her Blue magic. I'm proud of you girls," said Anne-Marie smiling.

The girls sheepishly smiled at her, but they had no idea what she was getting at.

"So, what we normally do in a case like this where you show bravery above and beyond is give out your guild nicknames once you demonstrate a skill that seems to be your trademark. As you know only I or the First Blade can do this. And I would have to say that protecting the guild from an unknown threat and fighting a small army counts.

"Of course you all know names are usually chosen to be something along the lines of what your grandmother had, whose weapons skill was the most feared, your Aunt Rayne who power and devastation as a Battlemage was her trademark, or even Beth's mom whose determination above all cost to win, but while protect her fellow sisters as she did it.

"Haley, is clearly on her way to being another unmatched swords master but I can't call you 'The Scarlet Blade' because that is your grandmothers title, but from this point forward you will be called 'The Crimson Blade' as a testament to her skill and similar abilities with a blade that she passed on to you.

"Wear it proudly young lady and you will start wearing twin swords as well. There is no need to handicap yourself on purpose so that people underestimate you. You won't always have the option of getting a second sword in battle to help out," said Anne-Marie smiling.

The two boys didn't understand the importance of that statement, but the girls were all instantly happy and jealous of her at the same time.

Haley started to beam as she heard this. It was the dream of all the women to be recognized enough by the sisters to earn a title that made them standout from all the rest.

What most didn't know was the vast majority of the sisters never received a title. Only those who stood out or made a significant difference for the guild somehow ever earned one

But Anne-Marie wasn't finished just yet.

"Ariel for your ability to track down that wagon and dangerous shipment through two towns and back to where it was hidden to recover it, not to mention finding an ambush from your horse, and preventing tarnishing of our guild and its hard earned name I'm giving you the title of Ariel the Red Wolf. Though you may shorten it to just "the wolf" if you want.

"You've always had this ability and its time we recognized it. So now we're going to give your team more scouting missions to help better develop your skill. Congratulations," said Anne-Marie to a stunned Ariel.

As they were still looking around "stunned" Anne-Marie started speaking again.

"Gem, you've demonstrated logic and cunning time after time, but to protect everyone from a mage well above your level and to do it so quickly, I'm giving you the title I should have long ago, you will be known as the Blue Dragon.

"You are scary with you natural ability with blue. Cultivate it and develop it even further as I know you can. You seem to have the same level of natural skill and intuition as your Aunt Rayne did with red, and you use it often to fight without depending on other melee fighters for assistance as she did, and so your title should be similar," said Anne-Marie smiling.

Gem's smile could have lit up a small city.

"Last, but certainly not least is Beth. Your title is a bit of a quandary. Its kind of a first, but its also more fitting. You see, I had you tested while you were being checked out. Did you know your sword skill got a little sharper after you were infected? Seems your young man there did more than just save your life.

"You have no magic and you're not fundamentally changed, but you are indeed now different. As such your new title is Beth the Black Scorpion. You have the ability and sting to match. I hope all of you are happy with your titles and I'm very happy you girls worked hard to save the guild from a much un-needed disgrace," said Anne-Marie to the stunned girls.

The boys couldn't miss the happiness that came from the girls.

"So what are your plans boys?" asked Anne-Marie.

"Well we were going to visit our families, but we're short on time. We're going to go back to school and then go visit next break," said Ayden as he smiled at her.

"Maybe you would like some company?" asked Anne-Marie as she smiled at them

They were confused as to what she meant.


It was interesting getting out of the guild.

While the women tried once again to get Ayden and Michael to stay and visit their rooms, Regina and Carey could be seen coming in from the back of the crowd again to approach the boys to get their attention.

Once everyone was close enough Beth quickly pulled Ayden into a lip smacking kiss and molded herself against him as she looked out at everyone. When Ayden responded by pulling her even closer, it was apparent that only Michael was now unspoken for.

While a sister might try for another's man in good humor, Beth wasn't known for having any humor when it came to males with-in the guild. None wanted to chance her anger if she took major offense at their attempt at Ayden, the only male she had ever shown interest in since they had known her.

But eventually they were all able to leave the guild without further incident.

Anne-Marie sent the girls on a trip with the boys back to the Academy to visit. After all that excitement she felt they needed a real break, and like the boys they didn't seem to ever take any vacations either.

But things got interesting when the boys returned back to their dorm room.


The boys were expecting, but still ill prepared, for the reception the girls got.

Most of the boys on campus hadn't seen anything but girls who were mages. Many of those one's used glamour spells so suddenly having access to some natural beauties that didn't have to work hard at their looks caused a few problems for the boys on campus.

Not to mention that those same boys could see these same girls were also so physically fit. Most of the women didn't really do any physical labor, so the girls with their lean frames drew instant attention. Every one of the boys wanted to know what they were like in bed almost immediately.

Once they got to the main square it seemed as if the entire male population of the campus turned out to get a look and see them.

Michael and Ayden more than once had to rescue them from a male trying to impress them or get them to visit their room. The girls were polite but firm in their refusal, but that didn't stop them from trying. If those boys had been thinking they would have remembered that the girls were familiar with far more impressive magic than what they knew.

But eventually they managed to make it too their dorm room, but their shocks didn't stop there, because as they opened the door, lying on Michael bed was Samantha and on Ayden's was Wendy, and they were both naked as the day they were born.

And from the smell coming out of the room when the door was opened, they had been pleasuring themselves for awhile as they waited.

The girls had finally heard that the boys were back on campus, but they didn't believe the rumors that they had four women with them. They spent seasons refusing all female contact so they were caught off guard when the boys returned with these women with them.

"Ayden, honey, what is this? Who are they?" asked Beth as she pointed to the girls.

While she was starting growing annoyed, she managed to control her temper as she turned back to look Ayden in the eyes with a silent demand for an immediate answer.

Her biggest questions were why they were here and why they were naked in her boyfriend's room.

"Uhhmm, Beth, remember what I said when we first came to visit you? That there were a couple girls who were interested in us and we were doing our best to resist them and tried hard to convince them we weren't interested? Well... <sigh> that would be these two," said Ayden as he groaned out a response, and when he finished speaking he put his face down into his right hand and shook his head.

He didn't need his sister or Beth seeing this.

What else could they do to tell those girls they just weren't interested. Nothing they did seemed to stop them or discourage them. Beth nodded as she remembered that earlier conversation.

"Who are you?!" asked Wendy in shock as she sat up to look at them all in the door.

 
There is more of this chapter...

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.