Battlemage: Book 9 - Glimpses Into Tomorrow - Cover

Battlemage: Book 9 - Glimpses Into Tomorrow

Copyright© 2010 by Risq

Chapter 2

The town of Branson's Corner was eight miles just outside of the Guild grounds of the Sisters of the Sacred Blade. Close enough for the Sisters to visit the town if they wanted, but not close enough for most of the town's folks to just drop by without a reason.

As the Sisters guild was considered a large guild with just over 400 active members, but did not including counting reserves or Sisters in good standing that had left. The guild had never had any problems or issues with the neighboring town like most large guilds did with fighting, drinking, or unprovoked assaults. If anything it was a model guild.

The one thing that it did cause was a lot of the men, young boys all the way up to well seasoned men, regardless of age and sometimes marital position, to continually be ready at the drop of a hat to do their best to impress any Sister who had some time off during their rotation and came to town.

It wasn't often that some of the Sisters came into town, but when they did take the time off and wanted to celebrate the various men wanted to be ready and to be the one who was then choose by the ladies.

While the women were like any other mass grouping of women, who had both very attractive to mildly passable members, all the women were in top physical condition and stayed very fit as a condition of remaining a guild member. No one was anything less than the very best. They had a reputation of being far more capable than any other guild, male or female.

As such the men wanted to be one of the few who could tell of a wild experience with a Sister and how much of an experience it was, as even the mages from the guild were expected to train daily in basic physical activity and all members physical conditioning was impressive.

There were very few who could be counted or could be considered a favorite of a few different Sisters in a large town of just over 13,000 people. Most were happy for at least getting one chance to be with any of them.

Yet not all Sisters were looking for companions when they came to visit, but those who were found more than enough willing men wanting a chance to be chosen as a companion for them for the day, night, afternoon, or whatever they were up for.

The reason most Sisters avoided choosing the same man too often, or any man at all, was because unless they were ready to settle down, they didn't want to give the men the impression they were looking for anything more than a diversion or that settling down with them at some point was their end goal.

As such that was why four of the guilds Sisters were currently found sitting inside of Jason's Tavern, awaiting their turn to be served, and trying very hard to not give any of the men who seemed to be circling around them the impression they wanted anything but a drink before they were due to leave tomorrow afternoon on their newest assignment for their guild.

They were four of the more attractive members of the guild and they tried to keep their conversation just between them as well as fend off a few of the different men who felt brave enough to "volunteer" their services. But they were growing tired and irritated that they had to do this each and every time they came to any Tavern.

They refused to visit many of the various Inn's that also served drinks around the town, because that gave the men there the impression that a bedmate was their end goal, as they wouldn't have far to travel to find a room, and the few times they went to one was a hard lesson not only they had to learn, but the men who insisted when they wouldn't take no for an answer, and had to learn as well.

But as the four of them sat around drinking their cool beers and talking it wasn't hard to see why the men were so interested.

Seated at the table there was a young black haired beauty who was probably the most attractive of the four of them, with soft but somewhat large hazel eyes.

Her hair freely swinging around her shoulders and she had light dimples that were obvious when she smiled, which she did often from time to time as she spoke with her companions. The smile often looked like she was looking for mischief.

When she came in it was extremely hard to miss the well developed body and swelling breasts, small waist, and rounded hips. While she was moving it seemed almost as if she was gliding from point to point.

As it was very warm she wasn't wearing a travel cloak, so it was easy to see her light leather vest and pants that was cut in the Sister's sleeveless style and earth brown and she had what looked to be a large golden chain that hung around her narrow waist.

The way it was draped as it hung in a small "V" in front of her also drew their eyes, as did her hips that easily held it up. Instead of swords like her companions she was wearing a small dagger at her waist.

Next to her sat a brunette that easily had the nicest body of the four of them.

Her breasts were a little bigger than all the others, her waist a little narrower, and her hips well rounded. She was also wearing the guild's cut earth brown leather vest and pants, and on her they looked as if they were cut to follow her somewhat impressive figure.

While she was physically larger than the black haired woman just mentioned, she was roughly the same size as her other two companions. Similar to the remaining two seated with her, she had her hair held in a braid that ran down her back and bangs cut in the front.

When she smiled, which prominently displayed her dimples as well, the smile often didn't reach her warm brown eyes that had golden flecks that seemed to swirl around in them.

Very few men ever managed to get close enough to see the hypnotic swirling golden flecks in her eyes and of those who did had found that it made them try even harder for her attention.

While she was pleasant to everyone it was clear there was something she was looking for but had yet to find as she tried to nicely discourage the men from trying too hard for her attention.

She was always polite, but firm, in her refusals to them.

The young woman was very attractive and every time she looked around the room at something various young men kept tripping over themselves trying to be the one that her gaze eventually settled on, but she never seemed to have ever settled on anyone as far as they knew.

When she first entered the Tavern her gait, which was similar to the other three who were dressed the same way, was a surefooted practiced one that made her hips roll. The men couldn't miss entrance of any of the women really no matter how hard they tried. It was one that at the same time made them look light on their feet.

Next to her sat a red haired beauty. She seemed to have a quick smile, deep dimples, and flashing steely ice blue that no one could miss. She often could be heard telling a joke or two that made the others smile.

Often young men took this as a sign that she was the most approachable, and tried to either get her alone or pump her for information on the others, but she was always tactful enough to turn them down without anyone's feelings getting hurt or feeling embarrassed. She had a way of making them feel that even if they failed she still appreciated the offer.

The last woman was also stunning.

She had braided black hair with matching steely ice blue eyes that were also similar to the red haired one that seemed to get everyone's attention. When she looked at the young men it was as if she could see into their souls and they were found wanting.

She had a similar physical build to the red haired young woman complete with almost similar matching large breasts, well shaped hips and narrow waist. But it was her air of danger that made most of the men think twice about approaching her. She seldom smiled and if she did it was quick and fleeting.

A few didn't pick up on the fact she wanted to be left alone, but the cool way she just stared without speaking at the men trying for her attention made it obvious that there wasn't any interest on her part.

They soon either moved off or tried for the attention of her friends, but they never stopped looking back at her, almost as if in longing.

What the young men didn't know was due to promises made to their parents, and an ugly life experience before they ever joined the guild, had made the four women determined that they would only ever be with their husbands if they ever found any who they believed worthy, and no one else.

They would all die before they became another's plaything or put in that position to become one ever again. After that experience they wanted someone who was there for them and not for what he could get out of them at the moment.

As they sat around that afternoon they were taking a much needed break before they were due to be back here in town tomorrow for their assignment. Once they formally accepted the job they wouldn't stop at a tavern to take a break, unless requested by the employer, until the mission was done.

They heard someone come in, but as usual they didn't look up, turn, or even acknowledge anyone. If it was a fellow Sister they would soon make their presence known to them.

"Well if it isn't four of the most spoiled rotten women I've ever seen in my whole life. So tell me Haley, have you stopped wetting the bed yet?" called out a mocking voice loudly.

All conversation seemed to stop in the Tavern as everyone prepared for a fight.

While the Sisters didn't start fights, and tried to talk their way out of most of them, that didn't mean they didn't finish fights. They just had to pay for all expenses on the spot out of their pocket regardless of who started it. It was guild policy.

Everyone waited for the fight they were sure was coming when the gorgeous brown haired young woman leaped to her feet and screamed "AYDEN!" and leaped at him as she wrapped her arms around her brother.

"Hey Gem, long time no see," said Michael quietly coming from behind him to also face his sister as he gave her his own dimpled smile.

Her chair tumbled backwards as the black haired beauty in the light leathers rushed over to embrace her brother while calling out "Michael!" with a large smile.

"Hey Ariel, not seen you in awhile either," said Ayden as he looked over at his cousin as she started to get up out of her chair to come his way.

Everyone was stunned by the turnabout.

They were sure that there was going to be an ugly fight, but those women who never acknowledge any man, were now embracing the two of them who had insulted them.

Only the black haired one with a long braid in the back just nodded their direction and stayed seated as she coolly watched it all play out in front of her.

"Beth, you've never been too shy about giving a hug or even stray kiss or two or ten, so what's up?" asked Ayden in faked shock as he realized that Beth hadn't moved from her seat yet.

"Not been doing that much lately. How's it going Ayden," said Beth as she coolly looked him over.

While shocked by her distant demeanor, it wasn't enough to put the breaks on their happy reunion with their sisters and cousins. Ariel quickly borrowed two other chairs from a nearby table and placed them around their table so the boys could join them.

One of the tavern girls came close, curious to see who these men were, under the guise of getting their drink orders.

She was a young and mildly attractive brown haired girl, but she had pretty brown eyes and long lashes over them. The girl appeared to have a nice figure, but it was hard to tell as it was hidden by the large apron she had tied on.

The woman was really curious who the men were who had at least three of the four acting so lively.

"Maryanne, a watered down short beet for my stupid big brother and my cousin," said Haley as she smiled at Ayden and punched his shoulder when she noticed that the pretty young woman was close to the table.

"Oh, this is your brother? Really? Nice to meet you," said Maryanne smiling big at Ayden which enhanced her looks greatly. Smiling like this made her look even prettier.

She knew that the women were all inter-related so the other one must be a brother to one of the other women since Haley called him her cousin and Gem also jumped up to hug him first. She thought he was just as cute as Haley's brother.

As Haley ordered Ayden looked up and turned his boyish smile on Maryanne and she started beaming. She found his smile to be very attractive and he now had her complete attention. She had a stray thought and wondered if he was possibly a warrior as well, as she could see his lightly muscled arms.

She was quickly back at the table and gave both of the boys their watered down beers.

She stood around smiling at Ayden for a moment, apparently hoping he would take the hint and speak directly with her, but before that could happen, the bartender called her back to the counter to serve more drinks. She kept watching him hoping he would call her back over to their table.

During this display Beth seemed to frown at both the woman and Ayden.

"So what brings you both here? Tired of working your way through the co-eds and now need a new area to work in where you're not so well known?" asked Haley as she looked at her brother smiling big.

"Oh how you wound me little sis. Nope we never took a break before from school and thought we might see how you guys were coming along is all," said Ayden

"Yep, we've been burning the logs at both ends, up the sides and around the middle, and we finally decided to take a break and travel out here to see you guys for once. We just finished our sixth circle testing and before we start working on the seventh we thought we'd take a real break," said Michael.

"Wow sixth already? I'm not due for my complete sixth level testing until sometime after next month. But it should be a piece of cake, its not like it's all that hard," said Gem with a smile.

Even though she was with the Sister's guild, she was still in the same magic guild as her brother and cousin and still needed to register and test with them. All mages did. Regardless of what other guild you were in, if you did magic at all, you were a member of the unified Mage's guild.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.