Robert Jenkins
Chapter 21

Copyright© 2010 by rougher63

Flying back to Fairhope, I calmed some. The clouds had cleared and flying was more pleasant. Still, I couldn't get centered, I felt uneasy.

I got home about ten. Grandfather said, "You had two calls. Dorothy seemed upset. I think you should call her. And a Linda Scott called."

I called Dorothy.

"Mr. Jenkins, I need to resign. How long can you allow us to get out of the house?"

"There's no need to resign. We can talk next week when I come back to campus."

"I'm going to tell Fred."

"That will ease your conscience; how's it going to help Fred. You'll end up feeling worse and hurt him. Is that what you want?"

"I can't believe you!"

"Give it to next week. Let's think things through. Don't do anything rash, promise?"

"I guess."

"Goodnight"

I called Linda.

Linda said, "Dorothy said I should meet and talk with you soon, probably tomorrow or the next day."

I've had it with all these women playing games with me.

"I don't think Dorothy had talking in mind. Are you on the pill?"

"What!"

"You heard me."

There was a few seconds of silence. "Yes"

"See you at two o'clock." I gave her the address of the little house and hung up.

Grandfather asked, "Is something wrong?"

"Dorothy's upset with me, partially because Linda Scott is very pretty. Linda's coming up tomorrow. Would you like to meet her?"

"Should I?"

"I don't think so. We bought a partially finished twenty-two unit apartment building at Gulf Shores, which we intend to use for upscale short term rentals. Linda's going to do the interior decorating."

"Is this the first job Richard's doing?"

"That's it. I forgot we talked about it. Things haven't been going well for me lately."

"You need to slow down a little. I'm concerned about you."

"I didn't eat right today or get my exercise. A little rest and I'll be back to normal."

Grandfather said, "I'm going to bed. I'll see you in the morning."

I stretched and walked around the Hotel's parking lot. Then I ate, showered and administered my medication.

I got up early and ate breakfast with Grandfather. I stretched and walked in the neighborhood.

Winston came out as I walked by. "Would you come over this afternoon? I'd like for my wife to meet you before you go back to school."

"What time?"

"About four?"

"I'll see you then."

I walked and thought about Dorothy. I am getting very tired of her games, but I don't want to see her quit. She wasn't much good in the sack yesterday. What's wrong with her?

At nine a.m., I took the pickup and went downtown. I saw a furniture store with a sign that said Beautyrest Mattress Sale.

That looks like the place.

I went in and was met by a middle age woman. "Can I help you?"

"Yes you may. I would like to buy the best queen sized Beautyrest Mattress you have. I want to take it with me."

She started telling me about it. "Stop. I've already bought it. I want the mattress, box spring, and frame. Where do I back my pickup to be loaded?"

"There's a loading dock in the back. We have delivery service."

"Can you get it there by one today?"

"I'll check the schedule."

A man came out. "You would like it delivered this afternoon?"

"No, I want it delivered before one."

He looked at the sales slip. "Local?"

"Fairhope"

"We will take it first thing if you like. They are about to go on their deliveries now and you could be put on last and do it first. If that is what you would like?"

"That would be fine."

I pulled out my checkbook and gave the woman a check for the amount.

"Is this the address?"

"No" I gave them the address of the small house.

Two men carried out a mattress, box spring, and frame. The man said, "They will take it now."

I drove to the house and parked in the back.

The truck and men came in a couple of minutes.

"We'll be happy to set it up for you."

I showed them to the front bedroom, the larger of the two bedrooms. They took the mattress and box springs out of boxes and put them on the frame.

I gave each man a five dollar tip, which surprised them.

I forgot. I need sheets, pillows, pillowcases and towels.

I drove to J.C. Penney and bought a mattress pad, two sets of bed linens of the highest threat count they had and two pillows. I got a set of towels and some soap. I returned and put the mattress pad and linens on the bed. By the time I finished, it was time for lunch. I had gotten sweaty messing with the bedding.

I went back to the bayhouse, took a shower, changed clothes and talked with Bessie until Grandfather came over for lunch. I liked Bessie. Bessie, her son, and grandsons were all huge. She had a big smile and was cheerful most of the time. She was a lot like Billie Abernathy.

Grandfather and I started to eat on the porch, but it was too windy and cold.

Grandfather asked, "Do you have anything planned this afternoon?"

"I meeting with Linda Scott and going to Winston Croom's house later. I saw him this morning and he invited me over at four. He wanted me to meet his wife before I went back to school."

"That's not far off. I'd hoped we'd have more time together."

"I'm going up Sunday night."

"We should do something this weekend."

"I need to read my textbooks. I meant to have read them all by now. I'll be back on Friday."

"Is Thornton coming back with you?"

"That's up to you. Do you have anything for him to do?"

"I have a few things, but why don't we wait until next week?"

"Have him do something this week and give him next week off. I'm going to California for a medical checkup in four weeks. Every other week, this month, might be better."

"That's a better idea. I'll have some things ready for him for Friday."

"Is it alright if Eunice comes with him sometimes?"

"I don't see why not. She might get bored."

At one-thirty I went over to the little house. Linda came in about ten minutes later.

"Surely, this isn't your house."

"No, it's a getaway office. I only got it last week and just had it painted."

I sat on the bed and watched her undress.

She said, "You're not going to make this easy, are you?"

"I'm hard as a rock, right now."

Linda was muscular with large breasts. Her breasts sagged a little; she looked as if she exercised regularly. A body like hers took work.

"Turnaround, I want to see you. You are magnificent."

"Thank you."

I pulled off my clothes.

"You do have some nasty scars."

I took my time and explored every inch of her body. Then I had her take me around the world.

She was almost as good in bed as she was pretty. And she knew she was very good in bed. I knew I gave her a good screwing, but she knew more than I did. There was something about the way she moved and how she used her hands that told me, she was in a different category than the other women I had been with.

I asked, "Do you mind telling me what happened? I can't believe someone would leave you."

"The team owner's son, the asshole. And can you believe it, I had never cheated before."

"Too bad"

"That I cheated or got caught"

"Both"

"I felt for George. To make it worse, he got cut at the end of the season. He was a good guy, but ... well anyway."

"We all make mistakes."

"I made a few after George. But I decided I had to change. I thought I had given this kind of thing up, but I slipped back into it."

"I think I understand."

"I hope you never do. But this is a one time thing, I can't go back there. I'm returning to Auburn on Saturday. I'll work on the presentation boards at school. They have several product books. I did take before photographs. Do I have permission to use them or should I ask Dorothy?"

"You don't have to ask Dorothy. We already agreed to that when we went on site."

"Am I going to get paid? I didn't hear her about the fee."

I said, "We'll pay you. What's standard?"

"Ten percent if I can get things discounted, but I'm not sure I can."

"Before you order things, we'll make sure you get the discount. You get the carpet, furniture, draperies, accessories, but not paint or tile. I want you to help with the specs and color scheme there though. The painter and the tile man get the percentage of those. Everybody needs something."

"I'm happy with what you included. Do you want the same design for each type of unit?"

"Sounds good to me. Send me an engagement letter and contract. Linda, I won't cheat you."

She said, "I like you better with the edge off. Take my advice, don't get jaded. Once you do it's hard to get back. Playing around on the dark side can burn you; I know."

She kissed me tenderly and cuddled against me. "This is what I miss the most."

I held her for a few minutes.

She said, "You've done more and given me more than I ever expected. Thanks."

I got her telephone number and address at Auburn. I gave her mine in Tuscaloosa.

After she left, I changed the sheets, showered and went to Winston's.

Winston's wife was a tall blonde. She looked like she would gain weight as she got older; a little soft looking. She was very nice. She wanted to fix me up with the younger sisters of her friends. I replied, "I appreciate it; maybe later."

After I came back from Winston's, I became ill. I stayed ill Saturday morning but felt better Saturday afternoon. I read my texts Saturday. I had two writing courses, a quantitative methods class, a second level accounting class, and history. The two writing texts went quickly; only part of each contradicted the other. Quantitative methods didn't seem difficult. The history text was well written and an easy read. I struggled to finish the first unit of accounting.

The cold snap kept us off the porch Saturday evening. Grandfather and I talked for a bit.

I hadn't eaten lunch before I saw Linda or taken my medication since the prior morning. I skipped both again. I finished reading my texts and went to sleep.

Sunday, I felt okay. I stretched, walked, and did my medication routine. I ate breakfast with Grandfather and got my things ready to go to school."

Grandfather dropped me at the airport as he went to church. A storm front moved through Alabama. The strongest area was southeast of Tuscaloosa over Montgomery. I decided it wouldn't be that bad and took off.

About twenty minutes after takeoff, I got into strong turbulence. My radar showed a strong line of thunderstorms. Tuscaloosa reported strong winds. I could do an instrument assisted landing at Tuscaloosa, but I certainly didn't want to.

I contacted the Meridian tower about the airfield at the Plantation and they contacted Lib. She invited me to come see them. I flew southwest to Hattiesburg and around the worst of the weather to Lauderdale.

As soon as I got in, I called Grandfather and let him know I was safely at Lib's.

Lib said, "I'm sorry you missed Beau. We need to talk."

I followed her to the den.

"It's Sadye."

"I hope nothing wrong with her."

"It's nothing like that, but she needs to talk with you."

We had lunch and Sadye came in.

Hub and Lib left us for some engagement. Lib had offered to stay, but I said for them to go on.

I saw that Sadye was nervous.

"Rob, I've met someone, and I'd like to stay here and go to the community college's RN program."

"Tell me about this someone." I tried to smile and be friendly.

"He's not what you'd expect. I met him while I was working at the hospital. He's a first year resident in family practice; a really nice guy, very serious. He's so good with children. And I'm his first girlfriend. He smiles a lot now and thinks I hung the moon."

I hugged her. "I'm happy for you."

"I know you're having a rough time right now. I'll stay at the University if you want."

"I can tell you like this guy a lot."

She nodded. "I'm surprised at how much. I was worried, you've been different."

"I'll be fine. I'm really happy for you."

"Thank you.

"Can I give you a lift to the airfield? The rain has about stopped."

I rode with her to the Lauder's private airstrip.

I gave her a hug. "You take care. And if you ever need me, just call."

I got in plane and watched her drive away. I was more than a little sad.

It was a short hop from Lauderdale to the Tuscaloosa airfield, which reported they were well above minimums. I landed and took care of the plane. I took a taxi home. I checked the Monza; she started fine. My cleaning help kept the house in good shape. I put my medicine away and called Dorothy.

"I was worried about you flying in the storm."

"I sat down at Lauderdale and visited with the Lauders until the storm passed."

"Good"

"And it gave Sadye a chance to talk with me; she's not coming back. She found someone and wants to stay in Meridian."

"How do you feel about that?"

"Glad for her. She is really happy and excited. I'll miss her."

"I know you will."

I said, "I think for a while, we should contact each other through Thornton or Ania, my new secretary in Fairhope. That should give us time to settle down. I'm sorry I mistreated you. I don't know what came over me."

"I don't want to quit, but ... I'm willing to try to work through Thornton. Thanks for trying to accommodate me. Goodnight."

Colonel came by and checked on me at six. We talked for a while and he decided I was handling the loss of Sadye. He had a date and left.

I ate a helping on my diet, read in the Jacuzzi, administered the medication and turned in.

I went to the clinic to have my blood sample taken at eight on Monday morning. On Monday, Wednesday and Friday, I had accounting at nine and quantitative methods at eleven. On Tuesday and Thursday, I had History at nine, documentary writing with Professor McWilliams at eleven, and the short story at one.

My accounting instructor was interesting and odd. He was very hyper; not at all like any accountant I had know. He was also really into financial statements. My quantitative methods instructor was from Iran. He thought of math as poetry that spoke to him. I doubted if either would be dull.

I went to the fraternity house and visited with Cathryn until lunch was called. I signed up to escort a pledge that night, signed to bring Jeanette to date night and walked home. I called for Jeanette and left a message at the Kappa house.

Jeanette called when she got in from class.

"How was Demopolis?"

"About the same. I saw Shirley; she excited to be going to college and sent her regards. How are you?"

"I'm getting much stronger. Would you like to go to date night Thursday?"

"I would very much, thank you for asking.

"I've got a lab this afternoon and a pledge swap tonight. I'm available after three on Tuesday and Thursday."

"Would you like to come over after your two o'clock class tomorrow?"

I ate before I went to the house. I picked up the girl I was to escort to the pledge swap at the Theta house. She really liked the Monza.

I sat with Colonel and the pledge he escorted. We had a pleasant meal and did our best to charm the girls out of their panties. The four of us slipped away from the group and Colonel showed us his room. We had both in bed within a couple of minutes after we went into the room. I used a rubber because my date was unprotected. Colonel's was on the pill.

We took them back. I thought I might call the girl Colonel was with. I saw Colonel as he was leaving Theta. "You going to call the Alice?"

"I hadn't plan to. You want to."

"I thought I might." He gave me her number.

As soon as I got home, I called Alice.

I got her, but I could tell she was disappointed it wasn't Colonel.

"I thought I would call to see if you were interested in going out. Colonel is our social chairman and because of that, his social calendar is full."

"What did you have in mind?"

"I'm going to be out of town until Sunday afternoon. Have you been up in a private plane at sunset? If the weather good, I thought we could go up and have supper after that."

"Okay, I have to been back early. I have to study some."

"I'll pick you up at six."

Tuesday, Jeanette came over to the house about three-thirty. We were in bed an hour. I wasn't rough, but I had a hard time getting enough.

Wednesday night I went to a party at KA. I picked up an independent and took her home. She had a nice body and was a decent, but unimaginative, screw. For pure fucking, Linda set the gold standard. In comparison, most college girls were beginners; but beginners were better than nothing.

Thornton called Thursday. He had two messages from Dorothy. There was nothing that needed my attention. Eunice wasn't going down this weekend, but Thornton said she appreciated that she was invited any time. I also had a message on the answering service from Dr. Sharapova; she wanted me to cut the dosage by one-third.

Thursday night was a nice time. I ate the lobster and the salad, but not the filet. Jeanette had lobster and took both steaks home for later. She looked very pretty and enjoyed the attention. We slipped off for a quickie right after supper. It was our first time hooking up in the fraternity house and Jeanette found that very exciting. Her excitement helped me get off fast too. It was a nice night for both of us.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.