04 Wanderer - Cover

04 Wanderer

Copyright© 2009 Banzai Ben and Amazing Anastasia

Chapter 21

Present – Jens – Chasing the bus

I'm anxious as ... well anxious as a bride on her wedding day because we are damn close to finding my runaway fiancé. I can't fricken believe we were in the exact same fast food place together and I didn't recognize him. I know what's wrong with me: I am still recovering from my near death experiences when I was an annoying as hell teenager again. I still have to fight the urges to be teenager Jennifer. If I slip into teenager mode and I don't notice it, I slip right back into being a super brat. I remember those times I didn't resist and blush in shame for the way I acted. However, there is still one thing I've saved from those times which will be extremely useful when we finally find and capture my runaway fiancé – but it's a secret which I'm not telling anyone.

Linus, my darling Linus, is just like the big brother I never had. He came and visited me in prison as often as he could and I've treated him very badly lately. I make up my mind and start, "Linus, I need to apologize to you. I realize I've acted inappropriately. Please forgive me."

He glances at me and replies, "Thanks Jens for the apology. Yeah, you've been a little crazy lately. What's going on?"

I bite my lip and decide to try to tell him the truth since I need his help. "Linus, I don't know if you will believe me or not, but what I'm telling you is the truth. When I almost died, I had a bunch of out of body experiences which changed me. The Jens who came back from those incredible trips is a different Jens. I don't know a better way to explain it other than to explain I am a teenager trapped in an adult's body."

He doesn't reply immediately and his silence is unsettling. Finally he responds...

Present – Linus – Chasing the bus

Other than her squirming around in the passenger seat like she has ants in her pants, the old Jens is back for now and I'm thankful as hell for it. I really had no idea how to control the Jens which I had been with. While normally I don't like touchy-feely crap, Jens first apologizes to me and then tells me about some out of body experiences and how she came back as a teenager from them. I'm interested as hell about what she experienced 'on the other side' because she doesn't realize I had one of those once myself. But that's fodder for future discussions.

I reply, "Jens that explains a lot to me. Are you still having issues with it?"

I glance at her and notice she bites her lip like she does when she doesn't really want to say something. But she finally confesses, "Yeah Linus, it's a constant struggle for me. But it's not as bad as when I first came back."

I nod my head and ask, "I bet you told me this because..."

She interrupts, "Yeah, I told you because I'm asking for your help to keep me from acting like a teenager."

I laugh and tease, "Well, I could always spank your ass or ground you when you act up!"

She snaps right back, "Spoken like a real sailor since you guys always love your naval bases. You try to touch my naval base and you'll be jerking off with your left hand."

I chuckle as the old Jens is back. The analogy isn't quite right, but it is funny as hell so I add, "Then I guess that just leaves grounding. What shall it be? I know, no computer for a week."

I glance over as she puts the back of her hand to her forehead and pantomimes dying, "Linus that would be a fate worse than my near death experiences. Why don't we come up with a way for you to secretly let me know when I'm acting like a teenager?"

I nod my head and suggest a solution, "Yeah we need a code word."

She giggles and chips right in, "Yeah a code word. I know, why don't we use ... Julia?"

I recognize the reason why she chose 'Julia', so I smile, chuckle and say, "Jens I don't believe for a moment that you're going to be the 'Runaway Bride' like Julia Roberts was in the movie."

She giggles and continues the dialog, "Yeah, I think my runaway fiancé is going to find out all about shotgun weddings."

She shocks me with her remark and I swerve a little and say, "Jens don't tell me you two finally did and you're preggers!"

She whines her reply, "Linus, that's a terrible thing to suggest! No unfortunately we didn't so I can't be preggers yet. Look, there's the bus!"

She's right. As we speed past the bus, Jens plasters herself against the car window trying to see if Ben's on the bus while I interject, "Jens you do know shotgun weddings are usually because the bride is pregnant?"

Jens coldly announces, "Linus not in this case. I'm tired of chasing his cute ass all over the world and when I finally catch him, he's either going to marry me or someone's going to die!"

Shit! She's appears serious so I try to distract her as I laugh and tease, "Yeah I've heard it said that marriage is like a death of a thousand cuts. I assume then the two of you will settle down and raise a bunch of kids?"

Jens ignores my marriage slam, sniffles and says, "Linus, you just made a big ass out of u and me. I wished like hell we could just settle down and raise kids, but unfortunately we can't."

I loudly react, "Jens, what the hell are you talking about! Why in the world can't you just settle down and raise kids? I thought that's what both of you wanted."

She hangs her head and says, "Well Linus, since my near death experiences the plans have changed. We sort of have a mission to do. I guess we're on a mission..."

I anticipate where she's going so I interrupt, "So, you're trying to tell me you're on a 'Mission from God'? Don't tell me, one of you is Jake and the other is Elwood."

She smacks the back of my head and answers, "Linus shut the fuck up and let me finish. And no weren't not the fricken Blues Brothers. Ben and I were made for each other. Now some higher power has a mission for us. The mission that we went on before Ben was captured was just a warm up for the real thing..."

I can't keep my mouth shut and say in a voice dripping with sarcasm, "Yeah Jens, I've heard that old cliché, we were made for each other a million times!"

That was a big fucking mistake because now she is pissed off and shouts, "Linus stop being a hard headed Seal, shut that runaway mouth of yours and listen! It's not a fricken cliché it's a fricken fact! Haven't you've always wondered why I've chased Ben so hard for all these years?"

I'm pissed and show it with my reply, "I sure as hell have. Shit! He sure as hell doesn't deserve a woman like you!"

She again rebukes me, "Linus shut the hell up and listen. By the way, the next time you imply my runaway fiancé isn't good enough for me, I will kick your ass. I don't expect you to believe what I'm going to tell you. It doesn't even matter to me if you believe or not because I know the fucking truth. We were made for each other because some higher power has this mission for us. The mission that we went on before Ben was captured was just a warm up for the real thing..."

Son-of-a-bitch, she's serious! I'm distracted as hell and look over at her. Her phone starts to ring as she yells, "Linus, watch where the hell you're driving!"

I look back and ... Fuck NO!

Present – Liz – Dushanbe Tajikistan

I nervously glance at Bernie as Ira drives through the guarded gate. He sees the concern on my face, smiles at me and asks, "Ira, you hid the girls and the gold in the Dushanbe government building?"

She simply states, "Yes, we have the advantage that people here do not question the things we do."

Yes all Tajikistan fears my twins and leaves them alone. However I wonder how she and Mira are going to like the questioning waiting for them back in America. We drive around back and I ask, "Won't we need help to load the gold into the truck?"

Ira smiles at me and says, "Ms. Morgan, that problem has already been resolved."

I realize what she means when we stop...

Present – Yasmeen – Dushanbe Tajikistan

I loved seeing my husband Ben on the television, remembering how he now must be a famous movie star but I do not like the way I am being treated. Zarika is still not awake from our big fight and without her I cannot understand the note the man with no tongue who cannot speak gave me. I sigh and regret hurting her because now I have to huddle in this stinky dark place, hold Zarika's head in my lap and wait for the Liz lady. Oh how I wish Zarika was awake because I am a little scared...

Present – Ira – Dushanbe Tajikistan

I pull up beside the waiting truck and order, "If you need any of your gear, please transfer it to the waiting truck."

Ms. Morgan replies, "Ira, first I would like to see Ben's two girls."

Ms. Morgan has become increasingly difficult so I had anticipated her response and reply, "Of course Ms. Morgan. However I regret to inform you one of them has been slightly injured and is currently unconscious."

Ms. Morgan gives me a concerned look and answers, "Ira, I certainly hope she is not seriously injured."

I inwardly smile and think how fortuitous the 'injury' to Zarika is for Mira's and my plans...

Present – Liz – Dushanbe Tajikistan

Bernie and I hump our gear bags to the back of the waiting truck. Mira and Ira certainly had this adventure all planned out. But I don't totally trust the twins right now and I want to see Ben's two 'sisters.' For all I know they could be some stray street urchins the twins picked up.

Ira greets a man with a familial hug, then he stands guard as she opens the back of the truck for us. It's very dark inside and it takes a moment for my eyes to adjust. Then I ask, "Ira, where are the girls." Just then I see a head peek over the top of some boxes so I pull out the picture and yes, it is one of the girls and she looks terrified!

Ira replies, "Ms. Morgan, that is Yasmeen, the younger one. She is taking care of Zarika the older one who is still unconscious." Ira says a few words in Russian and the girl rushes towards me, gives me a big hug and starts babbling in a mixture of languages. I realize how hard it is going to be to communicate with her so I ask Ira, "Ira, tell her I want to see the other one."

Ira says a few words to her so she grabs my hand and leads me towards the front of the truck. As we round the boxes, I see the older girl, fall to my knees beside her and begin to stroke her head. Yasmeen kneels on the other side of her and does likewise, I angrily demand, "Ira what happened to her?"

Ira quietly replies, "Ms. Morgan it was just a simple accident. She should wake up soon and then be fine. Now we must leave. Would you like to ride back here with the girls or in the front while I drive?"

I can tell from her answer there is much more to this story than she is sharing, but she is right - we do need to leave. I look at Zarika and then at the terrified Yasmeen and I know what I must do. I say, "I will ride back here with the girls. Bernie, you ride up front with Ira."

Present – Ira – Dushanbe Tajikistan

Good! Things are proceeding as we planned. When Zarika was 'injured' by Yasmeen, we made sure that for part of her treatment she was administered a sedative which will keep her unconscious for another ten hours. Plus, the 'injury' and seeing Zarika activated Ms. Morgan's maternal instincts. By the time Zarika awakens, the bonding with Ms. Morgan should be complete.

Bernie and I enter the cab of the truck and drive off to meet my sister and younger brother. Thinking about them does cause an emotional quiver in my heart which I quickly force from my thoughts.

Present – Liz, Zarika and Yasmeen – Dushanbe Tajikistan

Liz

As the truck starts to move, I look at the young girls in front of me and remember the things Ben shared about them - before the bastard ran away from Jens. I can only shake my head.

Yasmeen says in a mixture of languages, "Что случилось Liz Lady?"

What's wrong Liz Lady?

I recognize the Russian and reply, "Ничто." which unleashes a flurry of Russian from Yasmeen.

Nothing.

Yasmeen

I had worried how I would communicate with the Liz Lady, but she speaks Russian so I start to tell her all about everything while making sure she knows I am Ben's number one wife.

She holds up her hand and as I stop speaking and she says, "Я не понимал то, что Вы сказали, я говорю на русском языке только немного."

I did not understand what you said, I speak Russian only a little bit.

And I realize she has learned only a few phrases in Russian so I sadly sit back and wish Ben was here: He understood me so well. I am frustrated so I say one of the phrases I learned on American television and the Liz Lady laughs at me so I sulk!

Liz

Yasmeen, shocks the hell out of me when she says, "Well fuck me!" in perfect English. I'm sure she learned it from American TV and doesn't even realize what she said. I make the mistake of laughing at her and now she's pouting.

I slide over, give her a hug and say, "Yasmeen, I'm sorry I laughed at you but you can't repeat all the phrases you hear on American TV."

She snuggles up against me says a bunch more things in Russian (which I don't understand) and then drifts off to sleep. Poor thing, she's exhausted. I look at Zarika laying on the blankets, feel Yasmeen in my arms and I wonder how the hell Jens is going to deal with both of them. I sure hope Jens kept up on her Russian because she's going to need it. I decide to give her a call to give her the 'good' news.

Present – Jens – Chasing the bus

All hell breaks loose! Linus is distracted and starts heading off the road into the median and my damn phone starts to ring. So I do the only thing I can think of: I grab the steering wheel and yank it hard to the right. We fly across both lanes of the road and slide into the rest stop!

Present – Stacy (Anastasia) – On the road

I feel the bus start to slow, wake up and realize I've been sleeping in Erast's lap. I look up, see he's scanning the bus and realize how safe he's made me feel. I haven't felt this safe since – well since falling asleep in Grandmamma's lap.

I jump a little when Erast says, "How did you sleep Anastasia?"

I reply, "Erast, how did you know I was awake?"

He continues watching, laughs and says, "You stopped snoring."

I quickly sit up and answer, "Erast, I do not snore."

He replies, "As you wish Anastasia."

Then I look at his face, realize how tired he is and feel badly. I apologize, "Sorry Erast, you should have awakened me and I would have watched for you."

He shakes his head and states, "No Anastasia, that is my job. However you might do me a favor at the rest stop."

I put my hand on his and say, "Erast, of course. What may I do for you?"

He answers, "I am going to try to catch a few moments of sleep. Please bring me something to eat and drink from the rest stop."

I worry and ask, "Do you think I will be okay by myself?"

He smiles, "Yes Anastasia you will. One more favor, if they have a cheap skateboard please purchase it. Preferably the longest one you can find."

I had no idea Erast knows how to skateboard because he looks a little old for things like that. I smile, kiss him on the cheek and say, "Sleep well my brother and I will be back right before the bus leaves."

I make sure to watch the guy we are concerned about as I leave the bus and still wonder about the skateboard. But I'm distracted by a huge car accident so I wander over to see what's happened.

Present – Ben (Erast) – On the road

I am finally alone on the bus. I quickly take my M4 out of the pack, assemble it, slam a mag home, jack a round in the chamber, put it on safe and hide it under the seat in front of us. Then I make sure all my other weapons are ready, move to the window seat and slowly drift off to sleep. I sure hope they have a skateboard, because I think it will come in handy later.

Present – Maria – Truth Network – Washington DC

We come up with a hell of a plan and I can't wait until the boney bitches twisted sisters get back. It's about fucking time they get taken down a few notches especially since I get to be involved. For once I'm thankful the BSB is pretty much worthless in the combat arena as it leaves more of the fun for me.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.