04 Wanderer - Cover

04 Wanderer

Copyright© 2009 Banzai Ben and Amazing Anastasia

Chapter 14

Flashback – Ben – Day four, week one of spook school

I headed back to the school after a night and unfortunate morning of debauchery with Charlie. It felt like she sucked the life right out of me! I tried to come up with some sort of excuse that Mira would buy so she didn't kill my ass but got an upsetting as hell phone call from Tom. He yelled, "Right now you need to get your ass to the school because Jack and Mira are in deep shit..."

I hung up the phone and yelled at the driver, who drove slower than my grandmother, "Step on it, I need to be at my destination yester-fucking-day!"

He glanced in the rear view mirror and replied, "Sorry mister, but I don't speed and break the law for anyone."

I offered, "It's worth an extra hundred to me."

He shook his head, "Sorry, I won't even do it for five hundred dollars."

Shit! I had to get the only moral cab driver in the whole fucking city, just when I needed to get my ass to the school to save Jack and Mira. Well, if bribery didn't work, perhaps force would. I slipped my pistol out of my pack, placed it to the back of his head and said, "You know, I've tried to be a nice guy and you wouldn't listen, now move this fucking cab."

I saw the fear in his eyes as he floored it and now we were flying. I just hoped I'd be in time!

Flashback – Jack – Day four, week one of spook school

Man I was up shit creek without a paddle ... no without even a fucking boat. The shit was going to hit the fan and Banzai wasn't even here to take part in this shit. I immediately snapped to attention and Mira mirrored my example.

He walked up to me and...

Flashback – Mira – Day four, week one of spook school

Stinky Sgt. Reynolds assumption that he trained me was amazingly annoying. The failure of being informed about this impending disaster by Ira, Kai or my government was an extremely egregious error which should have been avoided. Now I would have to reimburse the flautist and possibly face imprisonment. Someone was going to pay for this mistake!

I had just made up my mind to permanently eliminate the three errors in front of me when...

Flashback – Ben – Day four, week one of spook school

Thanks to Tom's early warning, and the proper application of pistol persuasion, I made it to the school just in time. I ran my fastest towards Jack and Mira who were standing at attention when I noticed Mira's muscles start to tense. Shit! She was going to take the three of them down! I ran up, stood in front of Mira at attention and said, "Excuse me Sir for arriving late!" I let my eyes wander down and his name was M? Just M? Shit! Now that was strange!

Major M said, "I recognize you PFC Blaine and I recognize Cpl. Reynolds, but I do not recognize the young female Marine behind you."

I understood the not-so-veiled threat of demotion and replied, "Sir! This is my completely fault! Sir! The young lady is here for training and is a member of the Mossad. She arrived without the proper equipment and I thought..."

He interrupted me, "Shut the hell up PFC, when were you ordered to think!" I snapped my mouth shut and watched out of the corner of my eye as the commandant and Mr. Smith laughed. Those fuckers are going to pay!

Jack replied, "No Sir L.Cpl. Blaine is incorrect! This was my complete fault because I outrank everyone here."

Major M just looked at Jack. I was pissed as hell he was trying to take the blame for my mistakes. I started to speak when Mira stepped around me and said, "Excuse me Sir! But it is neither L.Cpl. Blaine's responsibility nor Sgt. Reynolds' responsibility because the blame lies completely upon my shoulders."

He glanced at all three of us and replied, "Shit! I should just have all of you thrown in the brig and bring in JAG1 to sort this fucked up mess!"

1 JAG – Judge Advocate General Corps - refers to the legal branch or specialty of any of the United States Armed Forces including the Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, and Navy. Officers serving in the JAG Corps are typically called Judge Advocates.

I was happy as hell I would be going back to the Marines since that was my plan all along, even if it was the brig. But I was upset as hell about Jack and Mira getting in trouble for the things I did. I figured I was fucked already so I threw all caution to the wind and interrupted, "Sir, please excuse my interruption Sir, but I would be more than happy to explain everything to you if I am just given the chance!"

I could tell my boldness shocked him but I did not expect what happened next...

Flashback – Mira – Day four, week one of spook school

My wonderful boyfriend charged in just like my white knight to save stinky Sgt. Reynolds and me from the disaster which unfolded in front of us. His timely arrival and bravery greatly excited me! He even tried to take the blame for everything, just like I knew he would. However I could not allow him to do that.

He interrupted the Major (whom, because of my superior training, I immediately recognized). The Major drew back his arm and I could tell he was going to assault L.Cpl. Blaine for his insolence, so I quickly stepped in front of L.Cpl. Blaine and took the painful blow for him. It was remarkably firm and well applied so I felt myself growing weak kneed. Someone caught me and lowered me to the ground. I wondered if L.Cpl. Blaine's fractiousness had already infected the Major, because he made a very grave mistake. I grinned and said, "You have just assaulted an emissary of Israel and have made a grievous error Major Mike..."

Flashback – Major M – Day four, week one of spook school

Shit! Ms. Sedankina took the blow I meant for L.Cpl. Blaine on purpose! Yes I knew who the hell and what the hell she was. But I was just shocked to see her in full Marine battle gear - a serious breach of protocol I couldn't ignore. She was invited by our government to train and observe the training methods at this school as a gesture of good will and cooperation; and I had just clocked the hell out of her! Now I was in deep fucking shit because this was an international incident!

I was pissed as hell to begin with and hated being in this fucking dump! The Old Man sent me to this 'school' to see what the hell was going on and evaluate the Sgt. and the L.Cpl. The Commandant and Mr. Smith had been whining and bitching like colicky babies that L.Cpl. Blaine, Sgt. Reynolds and Ms. Sedankina were ruining their school and training program. I read their reports and laughed my ass off! This place was a fucking joke if it couldn't handle two Marines and one woman agent! I was also impressed as hell with my Marines, especially L.Cpl. Blaine. When he was properly motivated, and most importantly pointed in the proper direction, he made a hell of an asset.

L.Cpl. Blaine caught Ms. Sedankina, lowered her carefully to the ground then jumped up, lunged at me and yelled, "I'm going to kick your ass!" Sgt. Reynolds intercepted him and ordered, "Banzai, don't fucking do it or you'll spend the rest of your young life in prison." It was too bad he stopped L.Cpl. Blaine since I was ready and would have loved to spar with him.

L.Cpl. Blaine complained, "Jack let me the hell go! He hit a woman and needs to be taught a lesson."

Good the reports were true: He had a great respect for women. I commanded, "Sgt. Reynolds, if L.Cpl. Blaine feels he needs to teach me a lesson for accidentally hitting Ms. Sedankina, then let him try. However L.Cpl. Blaine, it might be better if you and I just take a little walk and have a friendly discussion."

Flashback – Ben – Day four, week one of spook school

I was mad as hell at fucking Major M because not only did he hit a woman: He hit Mira! Jack grabbed me and stopped me as Major fucking M said, "Sgt. Reynolds, if L.Cpl. Blaine feels he needs to teach me a lesson for accidentally hitting Ms. Sedankina, then let him try. However L.Cpl. Blaine, it might be better if you and I just take a little walk and have a friendly discussion."

I struggled and whispered to Jack, "Come on Jack, let me the hell go. He deserves an ass whipping!"

Jack replied in a whisper, "Banzai, you're too fucking emotional - if anyone should be pissed at him it should be me! Mira did what she did on purpose and is faking unconsciousness for a reason: Shit she already knows who he is and even knows his name. If you go at it with the Major, we're all going to lose. Take the walk with him and find out what the hell he wants, but be careful!"

I didn't understand why Jack should be more pissed about Mira getting hit than me, but I ignored it for now. I glanced down at Mira, and saw Jack was right, the sneaky little bitch was faking it. In fact she had her hand on her katana. I realized if I got into it with Major M, Mira was going to finish it! I took a couple deep breaths, calmed myself and whispered, "Jack, you're right. Thanks for keeping me from making an even bigger mistake. Please take care of Mira while I go and find out what this bastard wants."

Flashback – Major M – Day four, week one of spook school

I observed with great interest the interaction between L.Cpl. Blaine and Sgt. Reynolds and determined what I read was true. The L.Cpl. had a great respect for Sgt. Reynolds and really listened to what he said. I wish I had thought to have some long range surveillance microphones setup so I could examine the dialog between the two of them later. That's an oversight I won't make again.

L.Cpl. Blaine regained control of his emotions and said, "Sir! I would like to take that walk with you." Good, just the right amount of defiance. Now to get on his good side, "Sgt. Reynolds, please attend to Ms. Sedankina while the L.Cpl. and I are away. L.Cpl. Blaine shall we walk?"

He fell in beside me and we walked away from prying ears.

Flashback – Mira – Day four, week one of spook school

Even though stinky Sgt. Reynolds was on my defecation enumeration (shit list), he had just made me frightfully felicitous because he prevented my boyfriend from attacking Major Mike Murphy. L.Cpl. Blaine did not recognize the attack would have engendered an extremely fierce and brutal battle betwixt them. The Major was well-nigh well-known amongst those circles with which I normally associate. To call him a Major was a misnomer because he was more spy than Marine and was an expert at many styles of marital arts and weapons. I was ready to defend my boyfriend if he had been foolish enough to incite physical battle, even if I was mortally wounded by the Major.

My original shock and anger when I saw him was elicited by the fact that the agent we had keeping abreast of him did not report the Major's proximity to my corporeal self or this 'school'. And now my mission was critically compromised and teetered on the precipice of failure.

I opened one eye a slit and watched my boyfriend walk away with Major M. Sgt. Reynolds knelt beside me so I jumped up and said, "Sgt. Reynolds I do not presently require physical assistance. However, follow me because L.Cpl. Blaine might possibly need some help."

Jack griped, "You scared the shit out of me!"

I laughed and answered, "Sgt. Reynolds, are you trying to tell me you soiled my gift?"

He blushed and answered, "I meant figuratively."

I grinned knowing I had given him the gift which would keep giving all day long, a painful reminder of his fractiousness this morning. Then I informed him, "Sgt. Reynolds, we must follow Major M and L.Cpl. Blaine because he may be in very grave danger."

Sgt. Reynolds laughed and replied, "Yeah the Major might need some help."

I corrected him, "I meant L.Cpl. Blaine. The Major is a very worthy opponent and could damage him."

Sgt. Reynolds questioned, "Are you telling me Banzai may have met his match?"

I was puzzled by the question and responded, "Sgt. Reynolds, are you saying L.Cpl. Blaine has a twin and his twin is the Major? They do not bear any resemblance to each other."

He shook his head and replied, "Come on Mira, I will explain what I meant on the way to keep Banzai safe."

Flashback – Ben – Day four, week one of spook school

I was still pissed as hell at Major Butthead for decking Mira, even though I knew she let it happen on purpose. We walked away from the group and when the distance was far enough so no one else could hear the Major asked, "Do you know why I'm here?"

It was my nature to give him a smart assed answer so I replied, "Sir! I was ordered not to think! So I have no idea why you are here. Sir!"

He laughed and agreed, "Yes L.Cpl. that is what I ordered. You now have permission to think. So, do you know why I am here?"

I answered, "Sir! I think you are here because of my performance at this school."

The Major laughed again and replied, "L.Cpl., performance is a wise choice of words, because you have certainly put on one hell of a show. Would you care to tell me just exactly why you think you are here and what you're supposed to do here?"

I began to slightly like the Major so I replied, "Sir! To answer those questions I request to be allowed to speak freely."

He responded, "You have permission to speak freely L.Cpl."

I answered, "Sir! I am here for two reasons. The first is I personally did something which upset General Donaldson so I and my spotter, Sgt. Reynolds, were not so temporarily assigned to Mr. Smith as a punishment. The second is because Mr. Smith has missions for us which require the talents taught at this school..."

The Major interrupted with a laugh, "Well the first might be true because I don't know anything about that. But the second is a pretty big load of bullshit, because from what I understand you haven't learned much of anything at this school."

I countered, "Oh no Sir! That's not correct! The classes in the evening are excellent and I have learned a lot. Everything is in a report I am currently writing."

Major M asked, "But what about the rest of the school, have you learned anything at all from it?"

Shit! I really didn't want to answer that so I replied, "Sir! I am not sure I am qualified to answer that question."

The Major pulled a notepad out of his pocket and replied, "L.Cpl. stop trying to feed me bullshit because I'm not going to swallow your crap. If you want to make this hard, that's fine with me. Do you like being here?"

I looked around and said, "Sir! I most certainly do not like being here."

He questioned and it felt like I was being lead into a trap, "L.Cpl. why do you not like being here?"

I replied, "Sir! Just look at this place, it's a joke. Besides I am a Marine and belong with other Marines."

Major M asked, "What about your orders?"

I replied, "Sir! I was given no written orders from the Corps to come here for training. It was something that Mr. Smith 'decided' we needed."

The Major wrote in his notepad and said, "I will need to check on that, and if you are correct then many things now make sense. Tell me, what did you learn by beating the shit out of the instructors and all the other agents when you first arrived at the school?"

I double checked, "Sir! You did say I could speak freely didn't you?"

He replied, "L.Cpl. you know I did so stop stalling and answer my question."

I gulped and said, "Sir! I have learned that, if this school, instructors and students represent the current state of the intelligence community in our country, then it is no surprise we're getting our asses kicked everywhere."

He answered, "So unless someone can kick your ass, you can't respect them and follow an order?"

I replied, "Oh no Sir! I respect many people who cannot kick my ass."

He grinned at me, "Tell me L.Cpl. do you think you can kick my ass?"

I replied, "Sir! I do not have all the parameters to answer that question."

He laughed, "Okay Sherlock, tell me if you would like to kick my ass?"

I smiled at him and stated, "Sir! No offense, but I think you need your ass kicked for striking Mira."

I watched as Major M started taking of his rank insignia...

Flashback – Major M – Day four, week one of spook school

When I questioned L.Cpl. Blaine it was quite frustrating because he was really much more intelligent than any tests had shown and had almost zero tolerance for boredom and bullshit not related to a mission. I questioned if he had really tried on the tests he had been given or if he really figured out a way to fake the answers. I understood perfectly why he hated this school. Shit! I hated this school and I'd only been here three hours because it was a huge, boring waste of time!

I also perceived that he did not naturally respect anyone and his respect had to be earned. He certainly respected Sgt. Reynolds and Ms. Sedankina but he had very little respect for me - which I was about to change.

I laughed, "Okay Sherlock, tell me if you would like to kick my ass?"

He smiled at me and declared, "Sir! No offense, but I think you need your ass kicked for striking Mira."

I knew that would be his answer, so I started to remove my rank and said, "Well, you're going to get your wish, a chance to kick my ass."

He questioned, "Sir! Are you saying I will not be disciplined if I strike you?"

I popped him a good one in the mouth then he dropped back into a defensive position as I said, "That's right Ben, just like I'm not going to be disciplined for striking you."

Flashback – Ben – Day four, week one of spook school

It took me about two seconds to figure out Major M was much more than just a Major in the Corps. In fact, initially I questioned if the Major was really in the Corps or was an imposter brought in by Mr. Smith as some sort of bullshit psychological weapon to make me cooperate.

From his response to my answers, I figured out he was indeed a Marine, plus a hell of a lot more. Also Mira knew him and that told me volumes: He must have something to do with the intelligence community, and was, if there was such a thing, a Marine spy?

I could tell he assumed I didn't respect people unless they could kick my ass, but that's not true. And we all know when you assume you make an ass out of u and me. I respected him because it's hard as hell to make it to Major, but I sure as hell didn't respect him like Jack or Mira - now those two were fighters and the Major, well he was just an officer! Shit he was probably just another REMF2 who wanted to become a fucking hero!

2 Rear Echelon Mother Fucker: Someone who's never seen combat or action.

He laughed and asked me, "Okay Sherlock would like to kick my ass?"

I smiled at him and replied, "Sir! No offense, but I think you need your ass kicked for striking Mira."

He started to take of his rank insignia and said, "Well, you're going to get your wish, a chance to kick my ass."

I questioned, "Sir! Are you saying I will not be disciplined if I strike you?"

He was a sneaky bastard and smacked me a good one in the mouth before I was even ready. He said, "That's right Ben, just like I'm not going to be disciplined for striking you."

He's not going to catch me off guard again and he's not going to get any mercy from me. I spat the blood out of my mouth and said, "Well, come on, I'm your Huckleberry."

I was quite surprised when he pulled two bastons3 out of his pack and knew this was going to be fun. It had been awhile since I'd fought someone who knew Kombatan4.

3 Baston - is a rattan stick which varies in size, but is usually about 28 inches (71 cm) in length.

4 Kombatan - is a Filipino martial arts system. The style is known for its double stick techniques but it features other stick and blade techniques, as well as empty-hand methods.

Jack and Mira ran up and Mira questioned, "L.Cpl. Blaine would you like my practice katana?"

I grinned at her and replied, "No thanks, Mira, I won't need a stick to whip his ass."

Major M said, "L.Cpl. Blaine, I know weapons are your weakness."

I grinned at him and replied, "Yes Sir! That's what everyone says."

Flashback – Mira – Day four, week one of spook school

I was exceedingly worried because my boyfriend was going to spar with Major M and he did not comprehend just how adept Major M was. The Major was an expert at Kombatan and I watched as he pulled out two bastons. I worried about the bruises my boyfriend would be receiving.

I offered, "L.Cpl. Blaine would you like my practice katana?"

He grinned at me? And replied, "No thanks, Mira, I won't need a stick to whip his ass."

Major M said, "Ben, I know weapons are your weakness."

My boyfriend now grinned at him? And then he replied, "Yes Sir! That's what everyone says."

I wondered about L.Cpl. Blaine's last statement since it was well known that while he was very excellent in Tai Chi, Brazilian capoeira and several other martial arts, he had problems defending himself against weapon attacks. I had even witnessed this myself last night when I gave him some bruises with my practice katana. Now he was facing the Major and didn't seem concerned at all - had L.Cpl. Blaine become mentally unbalanced?

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.