04 Wanderer - Cover

04 Wanderer

Copyright© 2009 Banzai Ben and Amazing Anastasia

Chapter 2

Flashback - Ben - Jack's house

Jack and I had one big difference: I hated the down time between missions and just wished I could stay in the field all the time, while he really enjoyed the downtime the best. Anna was the cause of the positive feelings in Jack and the negative feelings in me.

When we got back from a mission, Anna did her best to screw Jack's brains out and if the almost constant noises from their bedroom were an indicator Jack would be brainless in a few more days. Just in time for our next mission.

The negative was that Anna tried even harder to find a girl for me. Don't get me wrong, I like women! But none of the ones she found for me filled the empty gaping hole in my soul. Take as an example the girl-de-jour she provided last night. It was another damn setup dinner: Anna talked me into cooking a great meal and a friend just happened to show up at dinner time. She couldn't fool me, her friends were always dressed to the nines and expected to have me for dessert.

The conversation was always banal and inane. I had to fight boredom and feign interest in her conversation the whole dinner. Blah, blah, blah do you like this new dress? Blah, blah, blah do you like... ? I always wanted to say, "Fuck No! I don't like any of that shit and I like your skanky ass even less." But I couldn't disrespect Jack and Anna by being that rude.

Then like magic, the extra bottle of wine would appear and I would be expected to whip up after dinner drinks. Most of the time I cut way back on the alcohol in them. There's nothing worse than a one night stand combined with a hangover the next morning. I glanced at what's her name, soundly sleeping beside me. She was tired from a couple hours of lovemaking and I knew she meant nothing more to me than just a way to release my natural urges and was an annoyance in my bed while I tried to sleep. Why did all women steal the blankets? Well, at least I got about four hours sleep last night.

There were some great advantages to being a sniper, and learning stealth was one of them. It was always so awkward the next morning waking up in bed with them. It was even worse when they wanted to repeat the performance of the night before. It was better for me to just leave and I had the perfect excuse (one which Jack and even Anna couldn't complain about) - the required morning PT.

I slipped out of bed and didn't even wake the current "sleeping beauty" beside me, set my alarm clock for 0800, jumped into some workout gear, grabbed my go bag1 for the gym and headed out the door for the run to the base.

1 Go bag — a pre-packed bag you keep ready for emergencies. And believe me, getting out of the house before she woke up was a hell of an emergency.

The hardest part of my whole plan was deciding how long to stay away from the house. If it was awkward waking up in bed with them, it was a hundred times worse coming home to them and Anna discussing why I dumped their skanky asses. That's a mistake a man only makes once - just like asking a woman "when she's due" and finding out she's not pregnant.

I knew I should just move out and find my own place, but Jack had become my surrogate family and I knew it would affect our relationship if I moved out. So I did what all good Marines do, I improvised, adapted and overcame. Last night's girl was really clingy and had even told me she loved me in the middle of her passion. That was always a very bad sign! I figured it wouldn't be safe to come home until about 1500 today. So, I was going to have an even better workout today than I had last night.

The run was good and I started to sweat her skanky smell off me so I really looked forward to a hard workout today. I'd do some body weight exercises, break for breakfast, then come back and do some free weights. I'll take a break for lunch and then I hoped I could find someone to spar with. After that I'd spend a long time stretching and then run home. And tonight Anna wouldn't be able to capture me since I had a gig at a local bar. Now this was my idea of a great down day.

Flashback — Jens — Marine gym

I was nervous as heck today! I told Mom and Daddy I wanted to spend the weekend at my BFF Megan's house, but really I had a better plan. I'd just finished my Master's degree and was heading off to college in a week to start my PhD. I wanted a fricken fling with Ben before I left! Shoot I was still the only v-i-r-g-i-n I knew of in my class and I hoped to end that today.

Megan and I woke up early. She applied my makeup the way we practiced so I looked much older than my seventeen years of age. When she finished I looked in the mirror and stuck my tongue out at my ugly brown hair - why did I ever let Mom talk me into changing the color of my hair? I looked much better as a natural blonde. Shoot I even looked better the one time I had camo hair. I just, well didn't look at all like me with ugly, poopy-brown hair. I wanted to get it changed right back, but the fricken h-o-m-o hair dresser told me all my hair would fall out if I died it again so soon.

Megan gave me a big hug and said, "Jens, you look great. I can't wait to hear how this all works out for you." I hugged her back and answered, "Megs, thanks so much for everything. I'll call you later."

I snuck out of her house and ran to the gym. Mom and Daddy would kill me if they knew what I was doing, but I had no choice. I knew Ben was back from a mission and would be there for a workout. As I ran, I dreamed about the day he would 'work me out' and secretly hoped it would be today.

Oh yeah, I'd studied the heck out of my Ben and I knew his routine by heart. But today I was going to throw a monkey wrench named Jennifer Donaldson into that routine! I was fricken ready for him and I could do the heck out of his routine! But either I was early, or he was late; and the wait was truly terrible.

Finally when he came into the gym, my knees got all shaky and I almost lost my courage and ran away. He put his gym bag in the corner and then walked to the pull-up bar beside mine. I looked over at him, smiled and said, "Good morning."

He barely glanced at me and replied, "Good morning."

I jumped up, grabbed the bar and did ten perfect pull-ups, then dropped off the bar. I was a little peeved he didn't notice me, but he was busy doing fricken pull-ups. So I did another ten perfect pull-ups. Again he didn't notice me. Rats, this wasn't working out at all like I planned. He was supposed to see me, be so enthralled with my beauty and my body that he'd ravish me right on the gym floor. Then I'd tell Mom and Daddy I was preggers so Ben and I would get married and we'd live happily ever after.

I needed a new plan so I put my mind to work and I sort of figured out something sneaky, but it was too early to put the whole plan into effect. I did get his attention when I announced, "You aren't doing those pull-ups correctly."

He stopped, hung on the bar, turned his head, looked at me and challenged me. "What are you talking about?"

Oh boy! That got his attention. I explained, "You have a flaw in your form and you are cheating."

He said, "Like hell I am!"

I acted real big and said, "You sure as fuck (oh boy, I barely said that word) are."

He dropped off his bar and said, "Okay Miss Smarty pants let's see you do better."

I looked at him, hid my worry and said, "Just watch me." I jumped up, grabbed the bar and did another ten perfect pull-ups. My heart fluttered the whole time because he was more than watching me, he was analyzing me. I dropped off the bar, looked him in the eyes and said, "That's the way to do pull-ups Marine. My form was perfect and I didn't cheat like you did."

He said, "Let's see you do that again."

I challenged him, "Couldn't see the difference between my form and yours?"

He answered, "I think I did but I want to observe your form from all sides."

I was getting tired, but I jumped up, grabbed the bar and did ten perfect pull-ups. Ben stepped very close to me and walked around me while I did them. I was so stinkin excited I barely held on to the bar. He was behind me as I finished. I dropped off the bar, turned around and there he was only about a foot away from me. I almost jumped onto him and gave him a big kiss, but I controlled my emotions, smiled at him and asked, "Well, did you enjoy the show and did you see the difference?"

When he smiled at me, I almost fainted as he answered, "You're right, I did notice a difference. Would you be able to do them again, only this time slower?"

Oh Boy! My arms were so tired, but I had to try again. I acted nonchalant and said, "Sure thing." I jumped up, grabbed the bar and started another ten perfect pull-ups.

Ben interrupted and asked, "Can you go slower?"

I tried doing them slower, but I was just too tired so I said, "My arms are getting too tired."

He answered with, "Let me help you." When he grabbed my waist, it tickled so I giggled and fell off the bar - right into Ben's arms. I almost passed out I was s-o-o-o-o excited! He lowered me gently to the ground, blushed and said, "Uh gee Miss I'm so sorry I didn't know you were so ticklish."

I grinned at him, came up with a great idea and said, "How about if you do the pull-ups and I adjust your form?"

He said, "I'd really like that, and just so you know, I'm not ticklish." He grabbed the bar and started doing pull-ups.

I got behind him, reached out, pulled back a little on his arms and said, "See, you're letting your arms get too far forward on these and you don't work your lats as much."

He pulled his shoulders back and asked, "So I need to be like this?"

I was so stinkin distracted, because the muscles in his arms felt like heaven to me and his cutie booty was right in my face. I could almost take a bite of it, it was s-o-o-o-o cute.

He tried to again get my attention by asking, "Excuse me Miss, so my arms need to be like this?"

I nodded my head and replied, "Yes Sir, that's how you want your arms on these." He did twenty-five more and said, "Watch this." He let go with one arm and then did five one armed pull-ups, switched arms and did five more with the other arm. Then he dropped of the bar, turned around and I thought he was going to kiss me - but he didn't.

He had worked up a sweat and I noticed he had a funny smell. I figured out it was some fricken female-dog's perfume. I decided to have some fun and asked, "Nice cologne you're wearing but it's a little more feminine than I like. What's it called?"

Oh boy! Ben turned about a hundred shades of red, sputtered and said, "Uh-uh-uh, to be truthful my kid sister wore this t-shirt and it's her perfume."

He was the absolute worst liar I'd ever seen! I thought about asking him about his "kid sister" but I wasn't sure I wanted to know who or what he'd done last night. So instead I said, "Well ask her what perfume it is next time you see her." He looked up at me and I saw the relief creep across his face. He asked, "Are you any good at pushups?"

I grinned at him. "I know a little about them."

Flashback — Ben — Marine gym

Wow! Today's workout sure turned out differently than I expected. Normally I had the gym to myself, but this time there was a young woman Marine working out when I got there. She seemed awful young to me, but she wouldn't be in the Marines if she wasn't at least legal age. I ignored her at first, then she informed me I wasn't doing my pull-ups right - that got my attention!

I watched her do a set of pull-ups and noticed right away she was correct. I'd become lazy and let my elbows slip forward. But I wanted to have some fun with her so I had her do sets until she was tired and then I asked her to do them really slow. She complained her arms were tired, so I grabbed her waist to help. I didn't know she was ticklish until she fell off the bar into my arms. I wanted to kiss her, but for some reason I didn't. Then she helped me do some pull-ups but it seemed like she was distracted. The hour I spent with her was better than all the dates Anna tortured me with. I started sweating and she noticed the perfume from last night's bitch on me and asked me about it. I was sure I was busted, but was able to BS my way through it. I didn't want her to leave so I asked, "Are you any good at pushups?"

She replied, "I know a little about them." Her answer reminded me of a Lynyrd Skynyrd song I planned on doing tonight. I grinned and offered, "Ladies first."

She dropped to the floor and did ten of the most perfect pushups I'd ever seen.

I whistled, "Wow watching you do pushups is like watching ballet."

She stood up, grinned at me and said, "You mean like this." Then she did a bunch of ballet moves, ending with a spin right in front of me and questioned, "I didn't think Marines watched ballet?"

I turned red, looked at the floor and answered, "Well, I never really watched ballet in real life, but I did see it a few times on television."

She reached out, raised my head and said, "That's nothing to be ashamed about. Ballet is almost as hard as learning how to shoot well."

I grinned at her and said, "Don't tell me you know how to shoot?"

She giggled and replied, "Silly, I'm a Marine and all Marines, even women Marines know how to shoot. So are you any good at shooting?"

I smiled and answered, "Oh I know a little about shooting."

She stepped back and said, "Oh Really. So, what's your name Marine?"

I answered, "I'm L.Cpl. Bennie Blaine."

She squinted at me and flirted outrageously, "Don't tell me I've been in the presence of Banzai Ben and didn't even know it? I've heard about you and I'd say you know more than just a little about shooting. From what I hear you're one of the best the Corps has ever seen." Her praise made me blush, then she started doing some sort of little dance.

Flashback — Jens — Marine gym

Oh boy! This went better than I ever dreamed it would, except he hadn't even kissed me yet! As I'd become more calm and comfortable, Ben became more nervous. I felt s-o-o-o-o-o much like a grown woman now! Megs told me Jack or his fricken girlfriend was responsible for setting Ben up with women, but I didn't totally believe her until now.

I finally worked the conversation around to one of Ben's favorite things, shooting. And he's s-o-o-o-o modest, so I bragged the heck out of him, it made him blush and I did my little dance. I held out my hand, shook his hand as hard as I could and said, "Pleased to meet you Banzai Ben."

He sort of sang, "So what's your name little girl?" And I recognized it as a Lynyrd Skynyrd song.

Oh shoot! I never came up with a fake name, I quickly said, "I am PFC Maria Gonzalez, but my friends call me Speedy Gonzalez."

He looked me over and replied, "You're the whitest Latino I've ever seen and you don't have a trace of a Spanish accent. ¿Cómo son usted Maria?"

Son of a gun, I didn't know much Spanish so I needed to bury this quickly as I replied, "Soy Banzai Ben fino." I added, "Grandfather was a Spaniard so that's why I'm so white and we always spoke English at home so I think you've exhausted my knowledge of Spanish."

He changed subjects with, "Well I haven't done any pushups yet. How about I do some pushups and you watch my form to make sure I haven't been lazy with them too?"

He started his pushups. I l-o-v-e-d watching his body move and secretly wished I was under him and he was doing pushups on me! He snapped me out of my dreams when he asked, "So how am I doing and why do your friends call you Speedy?"

I watched him do several more and answered, "You look perfect to me." Then I blushed as realized what I said, so I added, "I mean your pushups are perfect. My friends call me Speedy after the cartoon character Speedy Gonzalez, because I can run really fast."

Ben answered, "I thought that might be why they called you that. I've heard many Latinos are offended by that cartoon and I'm amazed you aren't."

Rats, this lie had started to become a problem so I needed to shift the focus. I replied, "I'm really not sensitive about my Latino heritage. In fact you look more like a Latino than I do." Then I joined him doing pushups.

He replied, "Everyone tries to tell me I look Latino but I'm not. Mom was from Brazil and dad was a Cherokee."

I asked the next logical question, "Are you sensitive about your cultural heritage?"

He stopped doing pushups, looked at me and said, "I don't know why you're so easy to talk to, but you are. I used to be very sensitive about it, and was teased all the time when I was a boy. Some of the kids in school called me half-breed." Then he looked at the floor and added, "But that was beaten out of me and it doesn't bother me anymore."

For the first time in my life I felt waves of pain and sadness, flowing from Ben. I wanted to hug him, kiss him and tell him everything would be okay. But I was too afraid, so instead I touched his shoulder and said, "Hey Ben, kids can be really cruel. Don't worry, I think it's cool you're Brazilian and Cherokee."

He shrugged his shoulders and offered, "Not too many people tease me about it anymore."

I grinned at him and replied, "Of course not, people know better than to tease a Marine."

I got real embarrassed when my stomach rumbled. Ben looked at it and said, "That sounds like an order from your stomach telling us we need to eat. I'd love some company for breakfast."

He stood, helped me up and I said, "Lead the way."

He turned and replied, "Hey, I'm Recon not Ranger."

I wasn't sure what he meant but we both laughed about it.

Flashback — Ben — Mess hall

I had such a great morning, especially after meeting Maria. At first she was annoying, then I was intimidated but now I was really comfortable with her and found myself talking to her about things I don't normally talk about. She had such a cute blush when her stomach growled, but I'd been hungry and used it for an excuse to grab some chow. I grabbed my go bag, she grabbed her gym bag and we walked out of the gym. I looked over at her and said, "So your friends call you Speedy because you're so fast?"

She smiled at me, "You bet, one of the fastest."

I answered, "I bet I can beat you to the mess tent."

She grinned. "And what are we betting?"

I knew what I wanted to bet with her: I wanted to bet a kiss, but it didn't feel like it was time yet. So instead I offered, "Well, I'm playing a gig tonight at a local bar. If I win, you come as my date."

Her eyes twinkled as she answered, "And what do I get if I win?"

Before thinking, I replied, "Almost anything."

She thought about it and looked so cute when she bit her lower lip as she said, "How about you take me out for a fancy dinner tomorrow night?"

I couldn't believe it! This was a win-win situation for both of us. I held out my hand and said, "Deal."

Maria shook my hand, said, "Deal" and then the sneak took off running and yelled, "See you at the mess tent."

Yeah she was pretty fast, but I wasn't in much of a hurry because I was enjoying the view. There's something about watching a woman with long hair run, I love the way their ponytails flip around, not to mention the movement of other things. For a minute I thought about letting her win, then I got a better idea and blew right past her. She yelled, "Hey! Slow down."

I yelled, "Run, run as fast as you can, you can't catch me."

She yelled back, "What are you the fricken Gingerbread Marine?"

I was a good two blocks ahead of her when I reached the mess tent. I stopped, turned and waited for her. She ran up, a little winded and said, "Rats! I guess I owe you. I was really looking forward to dinner with you tomorrow night."

I looked at her and offered a compromise, "Well, how about I fix dinner for you tonight before our date?"

She grinned and said, "As long as you can cook more than MREs."

I smiled and asked, "Is there anything you don't like food wise?"

She laughed and said, "Nope as long as there's enough food, because I'm usually a hungry-hungry hippo. You want me to stop by your house?"

I answered, "Sure come by about five."

Flashback — Jens — Mess hall

Shoot! I have my first date with Ben and he's taking me to a fricken bar. How in the heck am I going to get into a bar since they will surely ask for ID. I thought I could outrun him to the mess tent and then he would take me out for dinner tomorrow night.

I got really bold and grabbed his arm as we walked into the mess tent. I put my mouth close to his ear and said, "I need to visit the ladies room and I'll be right back. Would you please get me a tray of food just like yours?"

He smiled at me and answered, "Sure thing, how do you take your coffee?"

I became real bold, flirted and replied, "With a little bit of cream - you know about the same color as you and just as hot." I squeezed his arm and took off for the ladies room.

I went past the ladies room, over to the phones and called Megan. She answered the phone and said, "Hello."

I frantically said, "Megs, it's Jens and this is a red alert!"

She laughed and answered, "Jens calm down. What did he do, kiss you?"

I replied, "Not yet but I expect it anytime. He asked me to go to a bar with him tonight and watch him play guitar."

Megan giggled, "I think that's going to be a huge problem Jens. You're too young to get into a bar."

I said, "Duh Megs that's why I'm calling you. Do you still have the friend that makes fake IDs?"

She answered, "Natch, and I bet you want me to get one for Jennifer Donaldson. How old should we make you?"

I said, "No, I need one for Maria Gonzalez. And make me twenty-one."

Megan laughed, "Maria Gonzalez, Jens you don't look Hispanic at all."

I answered, "Yeah Ben told me that already and I told him a huge fib but he believed it. Before I forget, can I wear one of your nice, sexy dresses tonight?"

She laughed, "I should make you wear one of those dresses your mom likes to buy for you."

I yelled, "Come on Megs, this is serious and you know I wouldn't make my dog wear one of those."

There was a short pause and she answered, "Of course you can wear one of my dresses. And Jens you need to think like a Canadian Mountie."

I questioned, "Megs what the heck do you mean."

She laughed, "Well, they always get their man. Don't worry. I'll have everything all ready for you." The phone went dead.

I headed back towards the mess hall and froze in my tracks because Daddy was there and was talking with Ben. Rats, double rats and triple rats!!!

Flashback — Ben — Mess tent

General Donaldson came into the mess tent and caused a big uproar. He liked doing this because it made him feel closer to his men. What it really did was make most of us uncomfortable.

I was shocked when he came over to me but I stood at attention as he said, "As you were L.Cpl. Blaine." I relaxed as he looked at the table and continued, "It looks like you're not eating alone today. Is Sgt. Reynolds here?"

I replied, "Sir No Sir! He's still at home. I am eating breakfast with a new friend I just met."

He gave me a look and asked, "Female friend?"

I blushed but answered, "Sir Affirmative Sir!"

He laughed and said, "Well, you two have a good time. And tell Sgt. Reynolds I want to see both of you in my office bright and early Monday morning."

I knew we had another assignment so I happily replied, "Sir Yes Sir! I certainly will."

He said, "Son you'd better sit down - your food is getting cold."

I answered, "Sir Yes Sir!" I sat down and looked for Maria. Finally after General Donaldson left, she showed up and asked, "Was that General Donaldson I saw talking to you?"

I stood up, helped her into her chair and excitedly replied, "Yes Maria it was. He wants to see and my spotter Jack in his office on Monday. I think we have another mission."

I watched as she frowned and said, "Shoot, I was hoping I'd get to spend more time with you before I leave."

The joy I had about the mission disappeared and I asked, "Son of a gun, I didn't think about that. When do you leave?"

Maria answered, "In one more week. I'm not sure where I'm going yet."

I looked down at the plate and picked at my food, Maria said, "Hey come on Ben, we've got the rest of the weekend and I can't wait for our date tonight. I might even have a surprise for you."

I grinned at Maria and said, "Let's finish breakfast. I was going to suggest we go for a run, but I really need to start getting ready for the meal I'm cooking for you tonight."

She smiled and asked, "What are you, some sort of gourmet chef?"

I shoveled food in my mouth, but took a break long enough to say, "You'll just have to wait until tonight and see."

She giggled and commented, "Well, the way you're eating now tells me all I need to know about your cooking skill."

I finished and threatened, "I'm going to make you eat those words!"

Maria replied, "Men and their promises."

I looked at her and added, "If tonight isn't one of the best meals you've ever eaten, I'll give you a hundred bucks."

She answered, "And what do I owe you if you're right?"

Again I thought about a kiss, but at the last second I changed my mind and said, "How about a big thank-you?"

She took the bet by saying, "It's a deal!" Then she giggled and finished her food. I helped her with her chair and she teased, "Wow a Marine and a gentleman. I thought those were mutually exclusive."

I grabbed both trays, and as we headed towards the door I answered, "Maria, I think you will find I am a little different type of Marine."

She smiled and asked, "Different in which way?"

I teased back, "Can't you tell?"

She grinned and answered, "I hadn't noticed."

I looked hurt but she punched me in the arm, laughed and said, "Hey, I'm just teasing you."

I winked at her and added, "So was I." So she giggled all the way to the door.

It was awkward leaving her at the door since I could tell neither of us wanted to part. But I had a bunch of shopping to do and even more cooking - she was going to eat her words!

We stood there, looked at each other but finally she hugged me and said, "So, I guess I'll see you at five tonight?" Then she turned and ran off. I watched her until I couldn't see her anymore. Then I ran back inside and called Jack.

When he answered the phone I said, "Hey Jack."

He interrupted, "You know Sally and Anna are all upset by you leaving this morning."

I stated, "Tell them I'm sorry, but I had to do my morning PT - it's a Marine requirement."

Jack grumped, "Cut the crap, Banzai! We both know you didn't want to be here when she woke up. You've got to stop doing this."

I got upset and grumped back, "Then you tell Anna to stop trying to set me up with every woman she meets. Jack I'm tired of it and I'm going to move out if she keeps it up."

Jack was quiet for a moment and answered, "Listen Banzai, I'll have a talk with her, but she's worried about you. She feels if she doesn't set you up on a date, you'll just sit in your room and play music all the time."

I offered, "Well tell her that's changing tonight. I'm bringing someone home for dinner and then taking her with me to the club tonight."

He laughed, "Banzai, you aren't shitting me are you?"

I said, "Jack, she's a Marine and seems almost perfect for me."

He chuckled, "So what's wrong with her?"

I replied, "Well, she's pretty young and to be truthful, she has the worst hair color I've ever seen. It's sort of shit brown and just doesn't seem right on her. She'd look a lot better as a blonde."

Jack was quiet for a moment and teased, "Yeah you've always had a thing for blondes. Whatever you do don't tell her about her hair color. If it's that bad she probably doesn't like it, besides women change their hair color as often as they change their minds. So can Anna and I meet her?"

I thought a moment before I answered. "Yeah, I'd really like it if you and Anna could meet her. Just make sure Anna behaves since I don't want her to scare Maria off."

Jack chuckled again, "Banzai, trust me! Anna will be so happy when she hears this I'm going to get lucky again. This will be the first woman you've brought home to meet us. I'll also make sure Anna cleans up the house some."

I had a thought and added, "Thanks Jack, this is sort of important to me. I'm headed home now to cook up a special meal."

Jack added, "And I'll make sure Sally's leaves now."

I questioned, "Who's Sally?"

Jack laughed, "She's the girl you dumped last night."

I felt guilty and apologized, "Sorry I forgot her name."

Jack said, "Don't worry about it! You have someone else on your mind." I heard him laugh as he hung up the phone.

Flashback — Jack — Early Sunday Morning my house

The phone rang and woke me out of a deep sleep. I pushed Anna off my arm and answered it, "Hey Jack, sorry to wake you up."

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.