The Reluctant Assassin - Cover

The Reluctant Assassin

Copyright© 2010 by Holdred

Chapter 4: Epilogue

Mike was sitting by his pool. He looked around. His life wasn't bad. He glanced over at Susan working on her all over tan. It had taken her six years before she wanted sex. Now she liked it regularly.

He thought back to his sisters. He was so glad he had never touched them. Janie was in her second year of college and had been talking a lot with Susan about her up coming wedding. Her last letter contained a shock. Melissa had found a boyfriend. He was someone that thought she was as special as Mike did. It was doing her self-esteem a world of good.

His thoughts wandered to Theresa. She had been an excellent teacher. The five years she had been with his family had allowed her confidence to blossom. She could handle junior and senior high kids with no problems. She thought her boyfriend was getting ready to propose and she was looking forward to being married.

Suddenly out of the house ran Jessica. She brought him the phone. There was one hot woman. She loved being his slave even if he wasn't terribly dominant. It seemed she was always ready for sex. She always wore bikini bottoms just to make sure she didn't leave stains behind.

He grabbed the phone, "Hello."

"Hello love the board says they need you at a meeting tomorrow."

"Shannon I was just there a month ago. Why do they want me?"

"I don't know. They won't even tell me. It's been several years since you changed my attitude. You know some of them think it's a trick even after all this time."

"Alright, pick me up at the airport in the morning. See you there."

The following morning Shannon met him at the private portion of the airport. She gave him a tight hug. "I've missed you. Why won't you let me live closer?"

"When we first discussed it, we decided it would be best for you to have your own apartment. By living here, you can still be involved with the company and undo some of the damage that you did with your selfish actions."

"It has been four years; I have done everything I could to help everyone and their families that were hurt. I went over everything with Jeff and Charlie two months ago. They were content that I had helped everyone I had hurt, and more. Are you sure, we can't talk about me moving. I found a nice little apartment a lot closer to the town you live near. I talked to the last occupant and the landlord is nice. She even gave me a letter of recommendation. I talked to a couple of other people I know and got letters of reference from them. Please let me take you to the apartment when you go home?"

"Somehow I feel I am going to regret this but yes you can go back with me on the plane when all of me work here is done. Then you can show me this wonderful apartment that you found."

"Oh, have you talked to Sandy recently? She had her baby two weeks ago. It was a beautiful little girl. She and her husband were ecstatic now they have one of each. She told me to tell you thanks for all you did for her family and for being friends. The extra she made by being your contact person has really helped with the bills from the hospital and the new bigger house that they moved into. Jack said to tell you he still planned to kick your ass at poker the next time you got together."

Mike shook his head. He would have to let Jack win, he didn't have the heart to tell him he had a 'tell'.

The board meeting was boring; it was driving him up the wall. On the second afternoon they caught him napping, they call for a vote on a proposal from the thick packet he was given the day before. He never bothered to read the proposals because the board always had the company's best interests at heart. He voted yes on the proposal when he saw everyone else did, too.

Suddenly he knew something was wrong. The meeting stopped and everyone got up and congratulated him. "Thanks for not fighting it; it will be great you'll see." "I can think of a better candidate, congratulations." "We can have teleconferencing set up so you don't have to fly in all the time." "You'll make the best managing director ever, now I know the company is in good hands."

He had been had. He even voted for it and it was on record. He nabbed Jeff and Charlie, "All right you two, you set me up. You both know there is no way in hell I want that job."

Jeff replied, "Mike that's actually a good sign. We all know you can do it. You believe in the founder's goals possibly more than they did. Look what you did for his granddaughter. She finished the task you gave her in much less time than it took to cause the problems and I think she really enjoyed helping people."

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.