The Competition - Cover

The Competition

Copyright© 2010 by lordshipmayhem

Chapter 4: The Secret's Out

The eight members of the swim club met with the eight members of their fan club outside the ladies' change room. Eileen stepped into the hallway to assure them that all the doors had indeed been locked and there were no boys in the pool area.

"Let 'em look," advised Rachel. "I'm not afraid." Oh, yes you are, realized Marcia. In fact, you're absolutely terrified and just putting up a front. She'd seen the look often before on newbies.

They went into the locker room, locking the door behind them. The swim team, having already gone through this once already, made short work of stripping to 'nature's swimsuits', as Samantha referred to them. Anne was not far behind — it was all an intellectual exercise to her — and the rest of the fan club somewhat reluctantly doffed their duds. Rachel was one of the last to start, but raced to finish with the rest. She did have a reputation of toughness to maintain.

"Hey, Rachel, I didn't know you dyed your hair!"

"Shaddup, do you think green and pink highlights are a NATURAL colour?" Rachel pointed to the streaks on her head. The girls all laughed at that thought, and the tension dropped noticeably.

In the pool area, a nude Eileen and Ginger found themselves mobbed by 16 equally naked teens. Eileen blew her whistle and announced, "OK, everyone in the swim club, do your warm up exercises. Fans, grab a towel to sit on and go to the stands." To hoots of "Show 'em, Sam!" and "Let's go, SD, let's go!", the fan club headed off to observe.

Rachel happened to sit beside Anne, who was unfolding a portable chess set. "Do you play?" Anne asked. Surprisingly to anyone who knew her only by her reputation, Rachel did play, and so for the next hour they had a very competitive and enjoyable game.

After the requisite hour of drills and exercises, Ginger called everyone — club members and observers — together for a chat. "So, nobody's freaking out on me."

Linda called out a mocking "Oh my stars and garters! I'm naked!" in an old-woman voice and got a laugh.

"Can anyone think why all the swim teams that faced Gymnos in the past freaked out and did lousy, or couldn't even show? But when they compete against other, aaah, 'textile' schools, they're fine?"

Anne put up her hand. "Because it's a different environment. They're not used to it."

"Exactly," said Ginger, "and if we're going to compete against Gymnos and win, we need to make their environment our environment. We need to be as comfortable in their pool as their own swim team. That's why we're doing this. That's why we'd like to thank you, our observers, for helping get the club acclimatized. Now, let's all have a free swim for the next hour, and then we can go home. Yes, the observer squadron too! Debbie and Natalie, can I ask you to act as lifeguards with us?"


The next day's classes went well. In Social Studies, the previous day's assignment was discussed, both on the teachers' guidance and because at least a few had their curiosity piqued. In her English class, Marcia's teacher complemented her with, "Very good! It was as if you'd actually experienced it!" She turned bright pink. Anne mouthed, "No tan lines," and winked at her.

Gym class. Usually after Gym, it was next to impossible to get the teens to shower, as both genders found themselves hopelessly self-conscious. Not today, as the swim team members led the way. All but the shyest girl and boy had a shower today.

That night, Linda and Rebecca walked home together. "I don't believe I'm saying this," said Rebecca, "but I can't wait to get home and take my clothes off. My mom may not have intended to do this, but I think she's creating a nudist."

"Me too," Linda confessed. "When I got home last night Mom had me strip right away, before I even got out of the doorway. At first, it was felt kind of weird, but then I really didn't want to get dressed when I got up this morning."

"Let's ask your mom if you can sleep over at my place tomorrow night! We've got a nice high wall around the backyard, we'll be able to get some last-minute rays and work on getting rid of the tan lines!"

"Sounds great!"


Thursday morning dawned hot and sticky. Not only Linda and Rebecca, but the rest of both swim teams and their supporters were convinced they'd be more comfortable nude than dressed.

As they got to the school, one of their classmates ran up to them. "Is it true," she breathlessly asked, "that the swim clubs are both training in the nude?"

Rebecca shot Linda a significant look. The jungle telegraph was in full voice, it seemed.

"No comment. The girls' swim club figured this would happen, so that seems to be the only thing to say."

Principal Hayworth met with his athletics staff during a mid-morning break for an update on "Project: Beat Gymnos at their own game". Rather predictably, Diane York was present.

"All right, then, let's start with the girls' swim club. How are they doing? Will they be ready for the swim meet?"

"A couple of the girls need to work on their form, but they're working hard. We should be ready to compete," Ginger advised.

"How about the psychological angle?" Diane broke in. "Is that coming well?"

"It seems to be. If anything, they seem to be more comfortable with each other and with their audience than last year's team was."

"And the boys' team?"

"Pretty much the same thing," Joe responded.

"This weekend we were going to have a day at the nude beach, but after discussing it with the students' parents, we've voted to go to a nude resort here for the weekend. It turns out that Marcia Thompson's family are already members there, and were able to get us a group rate. We'll leave right after the girls are finished training on Friday, and return Monday morning. The boys will share the pool with the girls for training on Monday afternoon."

Not for the first time that week, the teachers of St. Dunstan's were taken aback.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.