The Competition - Cover

The Competition

Copyright© 2010 by lordshipmayhem

Chapter 1: Rise of the Dragon Lady

Diane York strode into the Office of the Principal of St. Dunstan's Junior High School, her face one of determination. An alumnus of the institution, located in a city located in year-round sunny climes, she was fiercely proud of her alma mater and wanted it to uphold the standards.

Especially, the sporting standards.

Especially as her eldest-born, Rebecca, was now on the school swim team.

"Have you seen this schedule," she glowered at Principal Hayworth, as she slammed a piece of paper on his desk. "The first swimming competition will be in two weeks, and look who we're going to be playing against. At THEIR school."

Principal Hayworth, startled at the sudden intrusion, quickly perused the proffered schedule to bring himself up to speed on the latest bee in his Home and School Association President's bonnet. "Ah, Mrs. York, so nice to see you again, too." His eyes quickly found "St. Dunstan's" under the Visitors column, and moved over to the Home column. "Oh, my." He dropped the page and rubbed the bridge of his nose. This was turning out to be a peachy day, he thought grimly. He made a mental note to send his administration assistant out for a bottle of acetaminophen during her lunch break.

"When I was in the swim club here, we came within an hairsbreath of winning — except for -" her face twisted in fury "- THEM. They have won the girls' swim meets almost every year, and for the very same reason. Well, not THIS year. Not if we can help it. Not for THAT reason. If they win, it will be because they can swim better, not because of their psychological trickery. They'll have to EARN it this year!!"

"And what is your cunning plan to stop them?" Principal Hayworth asked, his voice dangerously polite. He made a mental note to send his administration assistant out for a bottle of acetaminophen during her morning coffee break.

Diane explained.

Opening his office door, Principal Hayworth asked his administration assistant to call an immediate emergency meeting of his athletics department, and (sotto voce) to go to the drugstore RIGHT NOW for a bottle of acetaminophen.


The four teachers responsible for the school's athletics program sat mystified in the by-now-crowded Principal's office with Principal Hayworth, Diane York and the Vice-President of the Home and School Association.

"Every year, Gymnos Middle School has won the City-Wide Girls' Swim Meets by the simple psychology of having their home games in their own pool."

Junior Athletics Coach Eileen Green objected, "But everyone has their home contests at their own pool — what's so special about this school?"

"If I may," interjected Senior Athletics Coach Ginger Ford, "this is Eileen's first year instructing in this city. I don't think she's even heard of the Gymnos trio of private schools."

She turned to Eileen. "You've never heard of the word, 'gymnos', have you?"

Eileen confessed ignorance.

"It means 'nude'. The kids who go to Gymnos Elementary, Middle and Senior Schools are all nudists, and mostly offspring of nudists. With the exception of those classes where clothing is needed for protection, mainly shop, cooking and chemistry, all their time is spent in the nude." Eileen's eyes grew big. "Even their instructors."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.