Elizabeth Noah, Idin Noah Book 3
Chapter 8

Copyright© 2010 by dak

Idin

"I lost it Lilith, I can't feel anything."

Idin was in the lotus position trying to focus.

"Your distracted"

"Oh sure, first you tell me my family needs my help, than you tell me if I go there to help Ill destroy my daughter..."

"There are always other ways to help, a nudge here, a push there, an encouraging word at the right moment." Lilith was pacing again.

"Don't give me that mysterious ways crap, why do I always get fucked on these deals Lilith, Huh? Just once Id like my loved ones not to get screwed over, so whats this danger, why did they need me Lil?"

Lilith frowned.

"There are limits to what I can say, and to what I am allowed to know..."

Idin frowned.

"So I can't go to earth, so how can I help her, what can I do?"

"You can learn to master your gifts Idin, I can't tell you how to do that, you have to do it on your own, stop using a sledge hammer when a scalpel will do. You need to sever your connection to this realm and move on so that your family will have the strength they need on their own"

"So what Im handicapping my daughter by existing?"

"While you are here in these realms, Earth is tied to here, this is simply a pocket realm attached to your earth. Your daughter is like a symbiont with you, its time to cut the cord so she can thrive Idin."

Idin looked over at Lilith frowning, his brow furrowed, he was deep in thought.

"Fine Ill meditate harder..."

Elizabeth

Kei's convertible was cramped to say the least, they had arrived at the tower to be met by a calm but authoritative Kei. She had promptly informed them of the foolishness of their plan, how flying was the worst method to go, that it would leave far too many trails if her family wanted to find her they would with their connections.

So now Kei, Phil, and I where driving up the cost, to portland. Kei's plan was to take the long scenic route along the cost, taking as much time as possible, the longer we took the more it would throw Mom off our trail. She had even managed to have Morgana ward her car from tracking before the helicopter landed.

Sometimes having an ancient tactical master as a sister paid off, how ever we where all read the riot act for not having included her in the planning. As she said she had known Idin longest of everyone there, of course she would follow his dying wish, no matter who got in the way.

It had taken some convincing but Shannon had finally agreed to stay home and run interference with Mom and Lillian.

"So there I was on the roof of the old tower, and Idin is casually watching me climb the thing, and his first thought was why he had never tried that." Phil said laughing.

I shook my head at that, the old tower had been taller than the current one, it was easy to forget that I was surrounded by people with some incredible powers.

"Dad was like that, always looking for something new to try, there was one time we where sailing with a trading vessel, Back in those days travel by sea was just about the most boring thing you could do. We had been at sea a Month when Idin and I where on the deck. In the moon light he saw a whale, I kid you not he looked at it and said, Im gonna ride it." Kei said shaking her head.

"Did he?" I asked.

"Of course he did, he dove in and chased that fucker down." Kei said laughing so hard she had tears in her eyes.

"I never thought I would be happy after I lost Enore and Mother, Idin proved to me that there was no purpose to a long life if you did not enjoy it..." Kei shook her head sadly.

"Your mom denying you this history is wrong, but I always differed to her because I didn't feel it was my place to tell you these thing." Kei said solemnly.

"Shes just afraid I will be too much like him ... I understand the fear, I've always been different and shes always ignored it. I Remember when I went camping in 1st grade, Shannon and I got lost and we found that bear" I turned looking at the coast as we drove.

"It was very strange, we thought we'd never find the camp, and a bear found us. At first I was terrified but I just walked up and started petting it, I whispered to it that I was lost and it told me to follow her. Off we went, took us right back to camp..." I still could smell the scent of the bear the memory was so vivid.

"Idin could never do anything like that..." Kei said frowning.

"But you said he rode a whale?" I asked looking out at the coast on the left.

"Yes but it was uncooperative." Kei said shaking her head.

Sunny

Sunny was typing into the computer, she had to reschedule all of Phils appointments for the next week, the search of the airports had turned up nothing. Sunny secretly smiled to herself, she was watching her computer screen, a blip moved across the maps, they where following the coast, Sunny knew the frequency for Phil's built in tracker. Apparently she was the only one besides Idin and Phil that knew about it.

"Still a fucker for leaving me with all this paper work..." She looked over the stack of patient files she rested her hand on her belly.

"Daddy is gonna get a spanking when he gets home"

She put the paperwork aside looking at the map, they would be making their way through the red woods soon.

"Of course, Portland..." Sunny said.

"OH shit ... What the hell Idin..." Sunny looked around the office to make sure she was still alone.

"What where you thinking..."

Oregon Coast 1968

"Arn't you rich or something?" Sunny said leaning back in the car seat her feet dangling out the window.

"I am" Idin said shifting gears on the bug.

"Than why are we in this shit box?" Sunny was staring out at the night watching the scenery pass.

 
There is more of this chapter...

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.