Elizabeth Noah, Idin Noah Book 3 - Cover

Elizabeth Noah, Idin Noah Book 3

Copyright© 2010 by dak

Chapter 5

Idin sat cross legged, he was growing more and more agitated.

"I'm not getting it," Idin hissed.

"Patience Idin it will come,"

Lilith had been lecturing Idin for what seemed like several years and still he made no progress, Idin stood angry.

"Why Lilith, why are you so insistent I get out of here?"

Lilith looked at Idin furrowing her brow.

"You don't belong here, and they need you,"

"Do they now? Really? Lilith do you know how many times I have watched the world perish, do you understand what I have seen, every 20,000 years or so civilization rises and destroys it self, I watch as not just man but every intelligent race on the earth has to pick itself up and start over, why am I needed now, what does it even matter any more?"

Lilith growled.

"Idin before you came to me, how many more times have I seen the same thing? You think you are so old? Have you ever stopped and asked where I came from, or what I truly am? You are an infant to me Idin, you have yet to even grasp the world around you. I was around when this universe was formed, I have seen entire worlds destroyed, I have watched races through out this universe rise and fall, I have seen galaxies born, grow and die."

Idin stepped back from Lilith as she suddenly became fierce.

"You are powerful Idin but ignorant, you walk on this one world a very big fish in a very little pond."

"Lilith I know about aliens I have met them." Idin said defensively.

"Really Idin, you have met races very near your own little section of the galaxy, of this Galaxy, you take what you know of your little world and extrapolate it to the entire universe, earth is just one world of many."

Idin watched Lilith carefully, she took a deep breath.

"You are dangerous Idin, you have the power of a celestial and none of the control or knowledge. Do you think when I fell I only failed earth? No this was just the one world that was to be my prison, my responsibilities extended far beyond this one galaxy Idin, I could stand here for a year and list the worlds with life on them I had guardianship of and still not list them all, let alone the names for which they called me by."

"oh..."

"Oh? I tell you that and you say oh?"

"Well I am trying to grasp this, give me a minute."

Idin was thinking, his whole life he had contemplated the world, even with meeting extraterrestrials he had never truly consider the possibility out there.

"Why earth?" the thought had just occurred to Idin.

"Because that was where my crime was committed. Idin there is so much you need to understand, when you killed Abaddon in your human form, things changed. You proved that you truly are a danger to everything. There are things you don't understand that you need to, you are as powerful as one of us, and yet you answer to none. When you became human the only thing that changed was how you manifested on that one plain, if you learned control you could always appear as human or what ever else you wanted."

Lilith waved her hand, and the milky way appeared in front of both of them, the scene changed, it showed countless galaxies.

"This is just one part of creation Idin, this is just a small section of the domain given to us celestials, by the creator. There are countless worlds in this universe, and that is only this dimension, there are countless dimensions, each with Higher Celestials to watch over them. Abaddon was once the guardian of one such dimension, his crime was that he used it as his playground, he tried to act as the creator there, you think what you have seen is so horrible, he destroyed entire worlds."

Lilith looked back at Idin sadness in her eyes.

"And you killed him Idin, you absorbed his essence into yourself, only another Higher Celestial could do that, only a being who has dominion over an entire dimension could." Lilith waved her hand at the image of the entire universe.

Idin was pacing back and forth.


"Why help me out of here if I am such a danger?" Idin looked at Lilith and she smiled.

"For two reasons Idin, I know you are not evil, and we couldn't keep you here. You came from outside our domain, in time you would find a way out on your own. I know you Idin, if you found out you could of left here all on your own, and no one told you, you would be very very angry."

Idin sat back down rubbing his temples.

"Your telling me that all this time I had the power to rule this universe ... That all that time I could of changed things, I could of done what I wanted and there was not a thing you could of done about it?"

Lilith shook her head.


"No Idin you couldn't of, simply because you could not live with yourself if you abused that power."

Idin frowned and looked up at her.

"I don't want it, I don't want that much power."

Lilith's smile grew at that.

"Good thats a start."

Lillian and Morgana.

Lillian sat watching Morgana who was staring at the table top, focusing her will, she made several motions with her hands.


"How long will this take?" Lillian asked.

"Shhhh you will mess me up." Morgana hissed.

"Sorry."

Lillian took a drink from her water, there was a small flash and Lillian looked away.

"There." Morgana said triumphantly.

"You all better?"

"Yep hang over gone, told you I had a spell for that" Morgana grinned.

"I just couldn't believe you took the time to develop a spell to counter hangovers." Lillian shook her head.

"Hey I would of never made it through College with out one, both times."

Morgana walked over to Lillian's dress which Lillian had changed out of as soon as they got back to Jen's apartment where Lillian was staying.

"Now for the dress, sorry about that Lill."

"No problem."

Morgana ran her hands over the dress muttering some words of power, the dress seemed to shimmer.

"See good as knew."

"It better be." Lillian took the dress examining it.

They both turned as the door to the apartment opened, the vault like door swung open and Sharon walked in followed by a Agent Walters, Lillian eyed the man while Morgana whistled when she saw them.

"They should be here."

Sharon was saying as she walked in and spotted them, Sharon smiled at both of the women, walking Agent Walters over to them.

"Morgana, Lillian, this is FBI Agent Walters, he is helping on my case, Agent Walters this is Morgana our consultant I was telling you about, and my Friend Lillian." Sharon said making introductions.

Morgana raised an eyebrow at the consultant comment, Agent Walters shook both their hands smilling.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.