Elizabeth Noah, Idin Noah Book 3 - Cover

Elizabeth Noah, Idin Noah Book 3

Copyright© 2010 by dak

Chapter 3

The void/ beach

"So, what am I supposed to be doing?," Idin asked.

"You should be focusing your energy." Lilith said.

"I've been trying that." Idin said.

"Either you do it or you don't Idin, there is no middle ground." Lilith said.

"Ahh, do or do not, there is not try." Idin said in a yoda voice.

"Idin you can do this, you did it once before." Lilith said.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" Idin asked.

"Look Idin, with out an anchor you could end up any where, and any when..." Lilith said.

"Wait a minute, are you implying?" Idin spun around to face Lilith on the beach.

"I don't know Idin but it makes sense..." Lilith said.

"Fine whats my anchor?," Idin asked.

"The energy you left on Earth?" Lilith said.

"What energy, what are you talking about?" Idin asked.

"Didn't you wonder why it took so long to hunt Adaddon down, why you absorbed the sword when you came here?" Lilith asked.

"Naw not really didn't give it much thought." Idin said.

"It was because you invested a large portion of what makes you you back on earth." Lilith said.

"Oh, right, well when did I do that?" Idin asked.

Lilith sighed.

"Your daughter Idin, you gave her a large part of you to protect her, that is still there, you can feel it if you focus, that will guide you home." Lilith said.

"Oh," Idin said kicking the sand of the beach with his foot.

"What does that mean for her?" Idin asked.

"What do you mean?" Lilith asked.

"I mean if shes part of me, what has that done to her?" Idin asked.

"Idin there is greatness in you, I am sure what ever it has done it is what all parents want, to give their kids the best parts of themselves." Lilith said.

"Right okay, lets get on with this." Idin said rubbing his hands together.

"Idin perhaps if we lost the beach?" Lilith said.

"Right good idea Lil." Idin said waving his hand.

In a flash they stood at a mountain resort, ski lifts and all, they both now wore snow gear, and the surfer was now skiing.

"Better?" Idin asked.

San Diego.

Kei was talking on the phone, she hung it up looking at the three in the kitchen.

"Lillian you have this?" Kei asked.

"Yeah I can handle this from here." Lillian said.

"Sis needs me down at the morgue." Kei said.

Shannon shuddered at that, there was a question on her face why Sharon would need Kei at the morgue.

I looked at Kei and nodded, apology written in my eyes.

"Its okay squirt, we have to work on harnessing that anger though, that could be useful." Kei said nodding.

We all watched her leave, Shannon looking confused.

"Whats going on?" Shannon said.

"Shannon, Elizabeth has to tell you some things, listen to her please, I vouch for what ever she tells you." Lillian said leaving the kitchen.

"what she talking about Lizzy?" Shannon asked looking like a lost puppy.

"Come on Shannon, I have stuff to talk you about." I said.

I jumped off the kitchen table where I was still sitting, I grabbed her hand and headed for the door, we reached the elevator with out Shannon asking any questions, when we got to the roof we both took a second to look around.

"I always liked it up here." I said.

"Me too." Shannon said.

We both walked to the edge and sat down, our feet dangling over, Shannon was looking at me questioning, I had no idea how to start this.

"What was going on in there Lizzy?" Shannon asked.

"Well it's hard to explain." I said staring out at the stars.

"Its okay Lizzy, you don't have to tell me if you don't want to." Shannon said.

"No no, I do, it's just that I have been keeping this really big secret, and well I don't want you to think any different of me after I tell you." I said.

Shannon looked at me eyes wide.

"Its okay Lizzy there is nothing that you can say that can change our friendship." Shannon said.

I nodded at that.

"Well it is sorta about who I am, and it involves you." I said looking down at my feet.

"oh OH, Lizzy I already know, and it's okay." Shannon said.

"oh wait What?" I asked looking over at her.

"Lizzy its fine, and well I am too." Shannon said.

"Huh you are too?" I asked.

"Gay Lizzy, just like you." Shannon said before I could stop her she reached over and kissed me on the lips.

"What?! No, I'm not gay." I half shouted pushing her away.

"It's okay Lizzy, its not a big secret, everyone at school suspects with the sports and the bad ass attitude, and like I said its okay I am gay too." Shannon said.

I rubbed my face.

"Shannon, that's completely cool, that's awesome that you feel okay telling me that, but I am not, and that's not why we are up here." I said trying to explain.

I could see realization dawning on her face, he started to blush and cover her face with her hands, I threw my arm around her and pulled her near, I could see tears forming in her eyes.

"Shan your my best friend, its okay, I love you, you are my family that doesn't change anything, but I hope you will fill the same way after what I tell you." I said wiping her cheek.

"I can't believe I did that I am sooo sorry, please forgive me I thought ... I thought..." Shannon said starting to cry she sniffled and looked away.

"Shan its okay, if I was you would be the one, really, I am just not, but I love you, and I need to tell you somethings, Shan, I am not exactly human, neither is Lillian, Sunny, or Kei." I said.

"Huh?" Shannon asked spinning to look at me.

"Just listen" I said.

"It all started a long long time ago, when a man with no name or history came to the earth." I said.

I began to retell the story my mom had told me when I was little, she used to tell me it when ever I would ask about my Mom, although instead of the pg version I gave her the whole nine yards, by the time I was done the sun was already rising.

"I knew Sunny couldn't eat all that and still be human." Shannon said quietly.

I laughed at that.

"So, say I believe you Lizzy, say its all true, every word of it, why tell me?" Shannon asked.

"Remember how I said the Daughters at one time were called Plague Bearers? Well the reason was like I was saying, they can smell sickness and disease." I said.

I saw something in her eyes and she nodded.

"You know don't you? About the tumor?" Shannon asked.

"What? You knew and didn't tell me?" I asked.

Shannon shrugged.

"The doctors say we caught it too late, I didn't want to worry you." Shannon said looking down.

I hugged her to me.

"It will be okay." I said.

"No it won't, I am going to die Lizzy." Shannon said.

"But what if you don't have to?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" Shannon said.

"Lillian can make you a Sister." I said.

She looked over at me.

"But whats that like? I mean feeding on people that's gross, I don't want to hurt anyone." Shannon said

"You wouldn't have to, look at Sunny, I don't even know how often she feeds, I think she only does it when she has too." I said.

"Wait is that why we only see Sunny at night?" Shannon asked.

I nodded.

"Kei and Lillian are special they can come out during the day, everyone else has to stay in" I said.

She was nodding slowly.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.