The Tree House - Book 2 - Cover

The Tree House - Book 2

Copyright© 2010 by AJ Martin

Chapter 7

It didn't take too long to reorganize things after I'd called the U-Haul in Stewart City. We did have to hurry because it was Sunday AND being Memorial Day Weekend, they were going to close at 2 pm.

There could be no lollygagging around. We'd finished breakfast when it was nearly eleven, so speed was the game then. Not much organizing was really needed but there was a little minimum planning necessary.

I'd ordered enough boxes to pack up my stuff up from U-Haul when I called them to reserve the van. I did have the foresight to make sure they would already be prepacked into the van for us. It would save valuable minutes when I checked it out.

I did have some hanging closet type stuff and they'd suggested two special boxes for that. Instead of folding, all that clothing would just hang without getting rumpled. Just lift it off the closet pole, right on their hangers and straight into the hanging box. Quick and easy!

There was some food in my apartment but mom suggested taking a box lunch for all of us. It would just be easier if we didn't have to stop and make lunch. Michelle offered to help put the fix-ins together as Lindie ran across to her house to get some gloves for the both of them. I dashed upstairs to put on jeans.

The plan was to drive to the U-Haul location, pick up the van and then go to my apartment. There we'd pack and load. Once I was moved out, I'd turn in my key and we'd be off back to Rock Creek.

The one thing that we had not decided was where I was going to sleep. I figured we could talk about that on our drive. Or at least I'd hoped that would be settled by then. I knew just where I wanted to sleep and I hoped Lindie felt the same way.

As always, mom continued to show she had the expertise and of course the know-it-all ability down pat. When I got back to the kitchen after my quick change, there were our two large carry-coolers sitting on top of the kitchen counter. Very newly washed and cleaned. How on earth did she get that done in the couple of minutes I'd been upstairs.

"Why on earth would we need that much space just for lunch?" I thought to myself.

When I looked dumbly at them and she said, "Food!"

"That much? Just for lunch?" I replied.

Well, as it had become her custom, Michelle didn't need much encouragement for a launch and that's just what she did. She jumped me. In a second she had given me a quick kiss on my lips and had her legs tightly wrapped around my waist. Holding onto me, her hands were locked nicely behind my neck too.

Nose to nose with me she told me, "You're such a Goof, Dad!

"They're for the FOOD at your APARTMENT!"

She just laughed at me when I told her, "I knew that!"

"Yeah right!" she said, then added, "And the moon is made of green cheese too!"

Just about then, Lindie appeared with the gloves and she just laughed at Michelle and me. "What are you two up to," she asked.

Michelle didn't look away from my face and gave me another kiss on the lips. "I can get real used to this affection," raced through me.

Answering her mother, letting her words spill over my face, Michelle said, "He didn't know what the coolers were for."

"The food at his apartment," Lindie quickly supplied.

"Not a clue," my other Lindie laughed.

I had Michelle hanging onto me and quickly my mom and Lindie had the two of us surrounded. Bubble-Wrap TIME! We just all laughed for a moment at how clueless I was at times.

OK, most times. Remember I'm a guy. That's the way we are. We might not have multiple orgasms but I'm a GUY! ... I know how to fix things. Plus, I never have to ask for directions!

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.