The Tree House - Book 2 - Cover

The Tree House - Book 2

Copyright© 2010 by AJ Martin

Chapter 2

I couldn't have found a better way to tell my mother she was a Grandmother. Michelle's gentle statement said it all in one word... "Grandma!"

I could see the realization immediately rush across my mother's face. The love just poured out of her spilling over onto Michelle like a waterfall.

I knew many questions and even more answers would reveal the details over time. But that one gentle statement when my daughter -- our daughter -- was so lovingly nestled onto my mother's breast, could not have been improved in any way.

Lindie reached over to me with her left hand, placing it on my right one. I'm not sure I have ever seen such joy in her face. Her eyes.

Her tears of joy matched mine as I turned my hand over and our palms met. I wanted my Lindie on me. In my lap. I wanted my arms around her. I wanted to kiss her.

I gave her hand a gentle tug. As I slid my chair back a little, immediately understanding my request, she settled into me.

Her arms came around my neck and our faces touched. Our lips engaged and her sweetness surged through me.

Any remnants of the peace that eluded me for eons washed away as we sat there next to the other hugging pair, my mother and my little Lindie. My daughter ... Michelle.

Lindie reached up to my face as our lips parted and with a crook of her left index finger, she swiped at one of the traces of moisture that had wound itself down my face. Her hand came up to my forehead and swept over my head with a soft caress. She leaned in again to briefly touch our lips together.

Then she turned to my mother and our daughter. Her face was beaming as she told my mother, "Michael asked me to marry him today."

Continuing to snugly hold her Granddaughter to her breast, my mother beamed back at us. The waterfall that had subsided a little while ago, began to flow again. "Oh, that's wonderful," my mother told her.

My mother glanced down at the product of Lindie's and my shared love. After pausing for a moment, returning her gaze to Lindie, she followed that with, "And what did you say?"

"We said YES!" bellowed Michelle as she turned her face to my mother's. Then she brought her arms around my mother's neck for an intimate hug and kissed her on the cheek.

Lindie laughed at Michelle's outburst and confirmed, "Yes. It's the only answer I wanted to give..."

"And the only one I wanted to hear," I added.

"I'm so happy," my mother said. "It's been so long since I've seen Michael with a genuine smile on his face."

Again proving that mothers pretty much always know more than they ever let on, she smiled at us. Then after a short pause, with an almost imperceptible wink, she said, "Except for yesterday morning."

Not to be outdone, Michelle chimed in, "Yeah. They did it again yesterday."

My mother gasped a little and pushed Michelle back off her chest a bit. As both Lindie and I gasped and then laughed, my mother kissed Michelle on her forehead.

Then she told her, "Things like that are private Michelle, but I'm happy Lindie and Michael had found each other after all of these years."

Bringing her hands up to cradle Michelle's head, my mom tilted it back a little so they were eye to eye. "And I found you," she said, then adding, "I'm glad your mom brought you here to us ... to me. I couldn't be happier."

"Me too," Michelle offered. "Me too!

"Mom has told me all about you and ... my dad," Michelle continued as she looked over at Lindie and me briefly before continuing. "All my life I've wanted to meet you. I'm so glad I'm finally here."

Then it was my mother's turn to softly say, "Me too," as one of an infinite number of kisses that I was sure to pass between them landed on Michelle's forehead. "Me too," she repeated as she snuggled her Granddaughter to her chest again.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.