By the Light of the Moon
Chapter 4

Copyright© 2010 by Shin Eris

"So care to tell me what's going on?" Chris said as he drove at 90 miles an hour on L.A's busy roads.

I didn't answer him. My mind was too busy thinking about Tell and little Vicky as well as that thing that happened 10 years ago. To think that it was Mom who made Vicky an orphan and that she was there when the werewolf struck, as if she knew beforehand when and where it was going to happen. Yet, she did nothing to prevent it from happening. Mom has a lot of explaining to do.

"PAT!" Chris smacked me in the back of my head.

"WHAT?!"

"I asked you what the hell is going on, like a hundred times already!"

"Liar!"

"You care to tell me why we're going to the mall on the other side of the city?"

I showed him the hairpin.

"I know that the pigeon transformed into that. What I want to know is, was that supposed to mean anything?"

"You're not even surprised at how the pigeon was able to transform into a hairpin?"

"Your mom already showed me enough amazing things. Compared to things she did, that magic trick of yours was like a third rate children's show," he said with a straight face.

Mom again! Why is it that everything has to do with Mom? She of all people should know that she's supposed to maintain the Code of Concealment. What the hell was she trying to prove?

"So?" Chris said out of the blue.

I looked at him. "What?"

"Explanation?" I saw his right eyebrow raised a little bit.

"I made this last Christmas for Tell. At that time, I was facing the possibility of never returning home. So I gave her this," I raised the hairpin, "So that she would be able to find me if I got lost. It was actually made in a pair. Both should've come back to me together. I don't understand why only one returned."

"So now Tell's trying to find you? Can't she just call home?"

"This is NOT like going low on battery or lacking signal bars! To send the messengers, she must really want to send them. In this case, she really needed someone who could help."

"Just what kind of trouble is she in?"

"You probably won't believe me. I can hardly believe it myself."

"Try me."

"Alright. It's a werewolf."

"Werewolf?"

"Yes, werewolf."

"Ha!" he exhaled loudly.

"Why are you feeling relieved?! You're supposed to be shocked! Doubtful! Even downright denial! You haven't shown even a single obvious expression since we left!"

He was silent as he navigated the traffic.

"Answer me, damnit!"

"Would you like it if I was to keep telling you that there are no such things as werewolves or demons? Would you feel better if I say that it's all in your head?"

"Well no, but you could've at least appear surprised," I whined.

"Don't you know already that acting is way beneath me? I could've acted the perfect gentleman all these years, but I didn't. The thought of anyone other than me kissing or touching you filled me with rage."

"So that was why you were such a jerk?"

"Yup!"

I was about to give him a piece of my mind when he pulled over into the parking lot in question. I looked at the hairpin and felt a bit of relief to see that the ruby still glowing, albeit being rather weakly. At least it wasn't fading anymore. That means that Tell is still alive. Then I thought of little Vicky and became very worried again as the hairpin could give no indication of his status.

Please let him be safe.

It was a scene out of disaster movies. Cars were strewn all over the floor. Most of the cars had big dents on it, some on the sides, the front and some had dents on its roof. It was like a hurricane was here. But that wasn't all I saw. There were strange eerie glows that flew around or near the dents on the cars and slowly fixed each of the dents. And at the far side of the floor, a familiar form was telekinetically pushing the cars back into empty parking lots. It was a lili. One with dark purple hair and a pair of horns in the shape of wings.

I know her. I've seen her before my duel in Yenne Velt. She was in Delilah's clique.

As soon as the car stopped with a loud screech, I opened the door and got out. I was immediately seized by two men, whom from the look of their uniforms seemed to be the mall's security.

"Let me go!" I cried.

"Pat! Get off her!" he yelled at the two men just as three more appeared and tried to grab him. He punched one in the face and kicked one in the guts but was unable to avoid the punch from the third guy. That punch on his jaw left him winded for a few seconds, giving the third man the opportunity to put his knee in Chris's stomach, quickly followed by another hit on Chris's back.

I renewed my struggles as I saw Chris fell to the floor. Unfortunately, my struggles proved futile as both of the security guys kept a firm arm lock on both my arms on both my arms from behind. Kicking them was equally useless as my legs couldn't hit anything significant.

Chris on the other hand was in his element. He acted as if he belonged there, fighting three big-ish guys at the same time. He rolled around on the floor, then made that helicopter kick they often showed in those silly kung-fu films, effectively tripping one before he did the same with another. Geez, I thought those fancy moves would never work.

He then jumped up from his horizontal position so suddenly and proceeded to deliver two simultaneous smacks on the security guy's ears as if he intended to flatten the guy's head. I bet his ears were ringing like ding dong bells now.

I didn't have much time to worry about that guy because the two guys behind me roughly pushed me to the floor, with one of them crossing my hands on my back and kneeling on it, effectively pinning my hands to my back with almost 200 pounds worth of dead weight. The other guy left me and stepped forward to help his friends. I found four against one to be very unfair.

"Chris!" I cried, just as he delivered a kick to the side of the last guy, causing him to black out.

"Yeah?" He gave the guy another kick just to make sure.

"Behind..." he punched the oncoming guy's face without looking, " ... oh never mind."

He turned around to look at me, grinning like the way he used to when we were much younger. That grin that I used to adore when we were kids. Oh, how I missed those days when he wasn't always angry and there was no reason to hate him.

"Pat, were you worried about me? I knew it! You still love me, don't you?" He made that grin again and now it felt like he was mocking me. Why? Because he beat up four guys and I couldn't even get one off my back!

"In your dreams, rat bastard," I replied, finding it hard to draw breath as I was still pinned under that beefy security guy.

"I know you don't mean that, babe. Now you just stay tight. That perv sitting on your back will regret staying a second too long," he said while he crunched his fingers. The he charged and tackled the guy sitting on me in one swift move, reminding me of the times in high school when I would discretely watch him as he practiced his drills on the football field.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.