Blockade Runner - Chameleons & Plasma Rifles - Book 1
Chapter 14: Epilogue

Copyright© 2010 by Lortay

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 14: Epilogue - James is a blockade runner. His highly customized and intelligent spaceship, the Didgeridoo, is uniquely equipped to evade detection. He has to deliver medicine to combat a military virus unleashed on a planet by a rogue General. His contact on the planet is female, gorgeous and has a very unusual genetic trait that she inherited from her ex-Special Forces great grandparents. His simple delivery quickly escalates and he is drawn into a battle that pits good vs. evil.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Science Fiction   Space   Interracial   Military  

The funeral was held on the moonbase. The aftermath of the surrender of the Hayward's crew and Dumitrescu's techs on the moonbase had tied up everyone for a little over a week. The funeral was scheduled when the hectic pace had slowed down.

Colonel Haddis had negotiated the parole of his mercenaries. He was able to keep most of his ships, but did surrender several of his patrol craft to augment the Ragnor fleet. He also agreed to reparations to the families of the combatants that were killed during the moonbase assault.

Dumitrescu's lieutenants and the rest of his subordinates would stand trial for the genocide perpetrated on the Ragnor colonists. They were being held on the moonbase until the trials started.

Joe stood up and walked to the lectern. The family had agreed that he was to give the eulogy. It was a moving speech filled with remembrances and lauding those who gave their all to fight the evil that had come unwanted to their door.

Colonel Haddis was in attendance. He had said that one of the greatest testaments to fallen soldiers was the acknowledgement from their former adversaries of their dedication and skills as warriors. He left immediately after the formal ceremony.

James approached Joe and shook his hand, "Joe, thanks for all of the kind words. I think you summed up what we all felt."

"Thanks, I agonized over what would be a fitting tribute. What are your plans now?"

"Didgi and I are headed back to Ragnor. I told Luke that we would give him a lift back. Blake is scheduled to get out of the hospital later today. Luke wants to be there and give him a ride back for his homecoming. I thought I'd tag along at least as far as the hospital and wish him well."

"Sounds good. Are you still planning on coming over to the house for dinner? Tarra's grandmother will be there and she said she's looking forward to seeing you some more."

"I think so. If plans change, I'll let you know."

Joe paused, "Did you hear about Dumitrescu?"

"No, what?" James asked alarmed.

"It was just announced a few minutes ago. He's dead. He contracted the virus that he unleashed. Someone threw contaminated clothes into his cell. He must have been particularly susceptible to it. By the time anyone noticed that he was sick, it was too late. He drowned in his own blood."


James was waiting near the entrance to the Hospital to say hello to Blake when something bumped into his leg. He turned and looked down.

The large expressive eyes stared back up at him. Once again he was lost in their depth. A flood of love and affection washed over him as his face lit with a smile.

"Tarra, what are you doing out of your room? The doctors said you were to be on complete bed rest. I was just about to come up after I had said hello to Blake."

"Oh poo, I feel much better already. The doctor said I was ahead of the curve and could use a gravchair if I limited it to no more than 30 minutes at a time. I came down to see Blake off as well. How was Tony Scalzo's funeral?"

"As good as can be expected. They are going to name one of the moonbase's residential domes after him. Your dad did a really great job on the eulogy."

"I wish I could have been there."

"Me too."

He walked over to a bench pushing Tarra in her gravchair. He sat down and took her hand, kissing the back of it. They sat there together quietly, each lost in their own thoughts.

Tarra squeezed James' hand, "James, I've been meaning to ask. Ummm, what are your plans for later? I mean after I get out of here? Well, I mean ... if after you decide to leave..." her voice trailed off, unable to continue.

James met her gaze. Her face searching his for the answer she hoped for. She looked like a lost puppy dog. He squeezed her hand back.

"Tarra, I don't know when I'm going to be leaving. And if I do leave, I think I'd like to come back to Ragnor. After all it's where my in-laws are going to be living. I'd think my business partner and wife would like to visit often." He grinned.

Tarra burst into tears and tried to get out of the gravchair. James stopped her, bent down and picked her up cuddling her in his lap as he sat back down on the bench. Their lips met in a loving caring kiss.

Tarra pulled back and looked at James and shyly said, "I love you too."


Author's note: This is likely not the last we'll see of James, Tarra and Didgi. I've enjoyed my first foray into writing fiction. Stay tuned and we'll see what develops after a break.

Many thanks to my proofreader Jack. He did a bang up job. Any mistakes that remain are mine alone.

 
There is more of this chapter...

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.