A Just Reward - Cover

A Just Reward

Copyright© 2010 by Kaffir

Chapter 25

Becca did not cheer up on the half hour train journey home. Why did Simon have to behave like that? He had been such fun before and she had enjoyed dancing with him and kissing him. Had she come on too strong herself? She did not think so and it was not as if he had tried to grope her. He had merely held her. Had she been unfair in denying him? Certainly not. He had no right to expect her to be an easy lay. In the end she decided that her indignation and the way she had treated him were justified. It was just a pity that what had been such fun had ended so miserably. When the train arrived she was a little happier even though the incident still cast a dark cloud.

She struggled off the train with her suitcase, dress bag and handbag. Steven was there and came quickly to help her. The joy of seeing him made her drop everything, fling her arms round his neck and plaster her lips to his. He did not push her away but held her tight too. At length she let go of him. She beamed up at him with her hands linked at the back of his neck.

"Oh, I can't tell you how pleased I am to see you," she gushed. "I missed you so much." She slid her hands round his body and pulled him tightly to her with her cheek against his chest.

He stroked her hair. "Did you have a good time?"

"Most of it," she looked up at him again, "but now I'm back with you and that makes me so happy." She hugged him to her again still looking into his eyes.

"Come on, sweetheart. Let's go home and you can tell me all about it."

She craned upwards and gave him a short hard kiss and then released him. He handed her her handbag and picked up the rest of her things. She linked arms with him and they walked to the car.

"Did you buy one of the dresses?" he asked.

"No, they gave it to me and the shoes to go with it."

"Gosh! You must have impressed them. Are you going to give me a fashion show when we get home?"

"Nope!" she smiled up at him. "You're going to have to take me out for dinner for that."

"Oh, I see: bribery and corruption eh?"

She squeezed his arm with hers. "Yup!"

When they got home he carried her things upstairs. "While you unpack I'll go and rustle up some coffee," he said and went off downstairs again.

They took their coffee through to the sitting room. "Now, tell me all," he said.

She did so, excitedly and in detail. Steven thought he had never seen her look so lovely. Her hair gleamed. There was colour in her cheeks and her eyes shone with happiness. He was entranced by her and impressed by her story.

Then her face clouded and she told him of the previous evening's fiasco. "I didn't lead him on," she ended. "You do believe me, don't you?"

"Yes, my little one, I do." He held out his arms and she ran and sat on his knee with her arms round his neck. "That was a horrid way for things to end. Did you tell Alison?"

She shook her head. "He went when I made him and I didn't want to cause a fuss. He'd have probably said that I encouraged him. Yes, I kissed him back but I never saw the rest of it coming. He never tried to get at my tits and he kept his hands off my bum. Why did he then suddenly go mad?"

"Two things: first lack of self-discipline and control, second you are very, very beautiful and attractive."

"Do you really think that or are you just saying it to comfort me?"

"I don't think it. I know it. You are stunningly beautiful and a very lovely person in yourself."

"Thank you," she whispered. "I wish you'd show me as well."

He kissed her gently. "We've been over all that before."

"That was two years ago and I said then that if I didn't find someone else I'd be back for you."

"Yes, my sweet, but you also said that you would do a lot of dating and you haven't really, have you?"

"No because the few people I did go out with just didn't match up."

"How hard did you try?"

"I certainly didn't throw myself at them. That would have led to things like last night but I was nice to them and tried to show interest in them." She was indignant and he saw anger flare in her eyes.

"Sorry, little one, that was unfair of me."

The anger faded to be replaced by a flash of sadness followed by love.

"Oh well," she said. "I'll just have to flaunt my assets around you."

"And then I'll have to spank you for cheekiness and impropriety."

"Is that a promise?"

"No, you wicked girl. I could never raise my hand against you."

"Pity! I'll have to seduce you some other way."

Becca had resorted to flippancy but she was still unhappy that Steven continued to hold out. Thinking about it got her nowhere. The one thing she could not risk was Steven getting cold feet and telling her she would have to leave. That would break her heart.

She confided in Isobel who was sympathetic and loving but not very helpful. "From what I know of him," she said, "and I think I've come to know him pretty well, he's got a very developed sense of right and wrong and he considers it wrong for a man to marry a woman young enough to be his daughter. I can see where he's coming from but I don't think he's got a cast iron case. The trouble is that he's stubborn too."

Becca nodded miserably.

"You might consider trying to make him jealous but that could backfire. You could find yourself stuck with second best because he still wouldn't give in."

"I'm not going to play act with some man. It would be very unfair to both of them."

"Yes, dear. I think you're right."

No more was said but Isobel did tackle Steven some days later when she had him on his own.

"You know Becca's in love with you, don't you?"

"Yes."

"And you're in love with her. I've seen you watching her and the love pours from you."

"No, Isobel. I'm not in love with her but I do love her dearly and deeply as a daughter. I'm sorry if that comes across to other people the wrong way. I'd better watch my step. Thank you for warning me."

Isobel gave up.

Steven took Becca to The Moat again. "It's not my birthday or anything," she said.

"No but I want to see you in the dress Soignée gave you."

Becca's face lit up and she flung herself at him beside herself with happiness. Not only would she be able to show off her dress and have a really smart evening out but she would have him all to herself in a romantic setting.

They had a wonderful evening. Steven was very complimentary about her dress and how lovely she looked. Dinner, naturally, was delicious. Steven ordered a bottle of Gewurztraminer and Becca loved it. They never stopped talking and laughing even when they were dancing except towards the end when they danced cheek to cheek in complete and happy silence. Becca deliberately moulded herself against him and was delighted to feel a bulge in his trousers. He was not that unresponsive to her. There was hope. They drove home with her hand resting gently on his thigh.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.