Finding Bathsheba: Book 2 - Cover

Finding Bathsheba: Book 2

Copyright© 2010 by Jonas

Chapter 18

Drama Sex Story: Chapter 18 - Jack, Abigail and Allison have faced an uphill battle, but as they embark on the next phase of their lives, will things be any easier? Jack must look to establish his family out west, even while their family and friends face drama--and danger--back home.

Caution: This Drama Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   ft/ft   Fa/ft   Mult   Consensual   Romantic   Rape   Drunk/Drugged   Lesbian   BiSexual   Incest   Sister   InLaws   Spanking   Rough   Gang Bang   Polygamy/Polyamory   Interracial   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Masturbation   Sex Toys   Cream Pie   Voyeurism   Slow   Violence  

Ted was holed up in his home office and had been since mid-afternoon when John had called him about Tyson's arrest. He gave Sharon a cursory excuse for why he was home early, and had even refused dinner. He spent several hours on the phone putting the admittedly rusty gears in motion when the evening news caught his attention. As the reports detailing the charges against Tyson unfolded, Ted felt the urge to panic. It was one thing when the Ramirez ... problem ... surfaced years earlier. It was confined to their own community and the local media. Now that word of Tyson and his friends reached Nashville, however, it would be picked up by media nationwide, and it might possibly become too big for their humble political machine to handle.

Ted didn't panic, though. He spent the next hours in damage control, going through his files, and making calls. He needed to ensure that every 't' was crossed and every 'I' was dotted, that anything that was out of order was dealt with quickly and succinctly.

While he did that, he made repeated calls to John's cell, office, and home phones, but to no avail. His best friend and associate wouldn't answer.

There was a knock at his office door. He frowned at the clock, irritated at the interruption. It was 10:30; he'd been at work on this for nearly seven hours non-stop.

"Ted?" Sharon's voice drifted through the heavy oak door.

"I'm busy, Sharon," he replied, and turned back to his work.

"Are you coming to--"

"I said I'm busy!" he snapped.

She didn't respond, for which he was grateful. Just as he turned to his work AGAIN, the phone rang.

'Damnit, ' he thought to himself.

He would let Sharon answer it, but when he glanced at the caller ID, he snatched the receiver up.

"John, where have you been?"

His question was greeted with the sound a woman crying.

"T-Ted..." she sobbed.

"Nancy?" Ted asked, recognizing John's wife's voice. She sobbed louder. "Nancy, please. Calm down, calm down. Everything's going to be alright. We'll get Tyson cleared."

"Oh, Ted! He's dead! My John is dead!"

Ted's heart nearly stopped. "What?"

"He's dead!" she cried. "Oh, dear God! First Tyson and now this! What am I going to do?!"

Ted's head was spinning. "It's a mistake, it must be." Even as Ted said it, he knew it wasn't.

Nancy took a deep breath, getting some semblance of control. "I'm sorry, Ted, I'm so sorry. H-he ran off the road on his way to get Tyson, I guess. I know he was your best friend, and I just thought--"

"What am I going to do NOW?" Ted asked, his voice cracking.

"I know, i-it's hard for me, too. I know how you feel."

'You have no idea how I feel!" Ted snapped. "You can't possibly know what this means. This is the worst possible news! What about our plans?"

"You're PLANS?!" Nancy sobbed, "What about my LIFE?!"

Ted slumped back in his chair, his mind racing through the implications, but unable to focus on any one. Then his eyes fell on the title for Ben's car, which he had pulled from his files the previous night to verify information for the insurance. They bought the car not for Ben, but for Allison, and the chain of events that brought them to this point became vividly clear in his mind: Allison tried to seduce Tyson the previous spring and then cried foul when he tried to act on the natural urges SHE had awakened in the young man. Tyson was in jail because of other girls just like that ... that WHORE of a daughter, and now John was dead trying to right the wrong.

In Ted's twisted logic, John was dead because of Allison, and by extension, Jack Williams. Ted's jaw tightened.

"Ted, what about my life?" Nancy asked again, more calmly, but still choking back sobs.

"Sorry, Nancy, I have bigger things to deal with," he answered coldly, and hung up the phone.


Merrigan wiped the tears from her face, and Brianna rubbed her back, hoping that it might soothe her friend in some way. She wanted to take her lover in her arms, but with both sets of parents looking on, she was afraid it might cause problems.

"Oh, Merrigan, I'm so, so sorry about what he did to you," Lucy Rawlings said, as she handed a tissue to her daughter's friend.

"Thank you, Mrs. Rawlings. It was a long time ago."

"Imagine our dismay over hearing the news," Valerie Mandrake said. She was sitting on the other side of Merrigan from Brianna, and she squeezed her daughter's hand. "It broke our hearts that she never told us and has lived with this without help for so long."

With Tyson behind bars and the information finally coming to light, Brianna and Merrigan knew it was time to tell their parents what they'd been doing. They split up after school and spoke to their own parents, sharing every detail that they felt was pertinent. When the news led with the story, citing information "anonymous sources" had provided, the parents insisted that they all get together to discuss things.

Shortly before the Mandrakes left to come to the Rawlings house for dinner, the police arrived to question Merrigan about the alleged rape and the more recent attempted rape. She repeated everything the police already had about her experiences, but refused to reveal the anonymous source. All the girls had agreed that Brianna and Merrigan would not be named as the sources.

The Mandrakes and Rawlings gathered for a late dinner, and the girls recounted the story again, filling in gaps for each other. Tammy, Brianna's sister, and her family were invited for dinner, too, so she could explain her involvement. She had helped Brianna stop Tyson from raping Allison the previous spring, but she was quick to deflect attention back to Brianna and Merrigan, the latter who had had the courage to speak up and give the Rawlings sisters the lead that led to them locating Allison before she became another of Tyson's conquests.

Tammy and her husband had gone home to put their triplets to bed, and the others had moved to the living room and were now waiting for the late local news.

Peter Mandrake huffed. "That son of a bitch better be grateful he's behind bars, because I can't be responsible for what might happen to him if he was on the streets."

"Peter, please," Valerie scolded.

Daniel Rawlings leaned forward. "I'm proud of you girls for what you did. That was very brave. A little foolish to do it by yourselves, but brave nonetheless."

Brianna had tears in her eyes now, and her mother produced another tissue.

"Thank you, Brianna," Merrigan's mother said, as she patted Brianna on the knee. "That you would do this for Merrigan and for these other girls even at such great risk to yourself ... That's a sign of real friendship and love."

Brianna blushed, but not at the praise. If Mrs. Mandrake only knew how much Brianna really loved her daughter, she might not be singing such praises.

Daniel jumped up and grabbed the TV remote off the fireplace mantle and turned up the volume. Everyone turned their attention to the news, which was just starting. They led with a similar report as the evening news had, with additional quotes from local law enforcement and, to the girls' surprise, a short phone interview with Thad Updike, who shared a first-hand account of his role in uncovering the scandal years ago. He said he didn't know who broke the current story, and declined commenting on whether or not he spoke to anyone regarding what he knew. Brianna relaxed when it was clear he was going to keep their confidences.

The parents peppered them with questions as the story unfolded, seeking clarification on what they knew, or how they did something. After the story ended, Daniel lifted the remote to turn off the TV.

"Wait," Lucy said, as they segued into the next piece. Everyone turned their attention back to the news.

"Even as this community reels from these explosive allegations, they must now face additional tragedy. John Merrill, a well-respected attorney and leader in the community, as well as the father of one of the alleged perpetrators, was killed this evening in a single-car accident. Witnesses say his vehicle lost control as it rounded a notoriously dangerous curve in the hills outside of the town, careened over the edge and down a steep embankment. Merrill was pronounced dead at the scene. Police are still investigating, but have said that evidence suggests alcohol may have been a factor in the accident."

"Holy shit," Peter breathed.

Valerie didn't reprimand him this time.


The knock on the front door startled Sharon awake. For a moment she struggled to get her bearings, but the quiet whimper from the bundle in her arms brought her back to reality. She'd fallen asleep in Abigail's nursery, rocking the sweet baby to sleep after nursing her. Another knock drifted through the small house. Sharon rose and settled her little daughter into her crib, quietly exited the room and padded down the hallway, pulling her robe closed and retying it. She reached the front door just as her visitor was turning to leave.

"Oh, John!" she said, smiling. "Hello."

John Merrill turned around and returned Sharon's smile. His eyes made a hasty trip to her bosom and back. Sharon kept her smile pasted on her face, but subtly pulled her robe tighter. John's eyes were back on hers only a split second later. Men.

"Hello, Sharon. How are you this fine day?"

"I'm fine, thank you. Um, Ted isn't home from the bank yet."

"Oh." John looked perplexed for a moment, before grimacing. "Oh! That's right. I forgot. He changed our visit from five to six."

"I'm sorry, John. I ... I can have him call you if he gets in early."

John looked thoughtful for a second. "I hate to be an imposition, but do you mind if I wait here until he arrives. He gestured out towards the empty road in front of the house. "As you can see, I don't have my vehicle. I let my roommate borrow it this evening. Ted was going to drive me home."

Sharon hesitated for only a second before smiling again and opening the door wider for her young husband's friend. "Of course, come in. This is no imposition. Please excuse my attire; I wasn't expecting company."

"It's not a problem."

John stepped past Sharon into her home. She closed the door and escorted the man into their sitting room, and after depositing him on the sofa, turned to leave.

"Please excuse me for a minute while I change clothes, and then I'll get you something to drink."

John leaned forward and grabbed her wrist. "Wait."

Sharon froze and looked down at him. He quickly released her wrist and fidgeted nervously.

"Um, do you mind getting me something to drink first? I've been out and about all day and haven't had much time for a break."

There was something odd in John's behavior, but Sharon was intent on making Ted's best childhood friend and former college roommate feel welcome. "Certainly, is iced tea agreeable?"

John smiled and nodded. Sharon excused herself again and went into the kitchen. As she prepared the drink, her heart pounded and her hands trembled. For some reason, John's behavior was making her uncomfortable. She glanced at the clock on the wall and almost groaned out loud. It was only a few minutes after five. She went back to her work, shaking her head at her silliness. John was a regular visitor in their home, and she felt she knew him well, at least as well as could be expected. He, like Ted, was very guarded with his emotions. The two men grew up together, just down the street from each other. They entered college together and roomed together the full four years Ted was there. When Ted graduated, he stayed in town and began to work for Sharon's father. He courted her for two years. They were married less than two years ago. John remained in school and switched his major from finance to pre-law, and now he was well on his way to completing law school. He was still single, and Ted welcomed him into their home almost as if he was a brother.

As Sharon began to pour the tea, she renewed her resolve to support her husband, no matter how uncomfortable it made her.

"Sharon?"

Sharon jerked and tea splashed to the counter beside the glass. She turned her head to see John standing just inside the kitchen. He stepped forward quickly.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I wanted to see if I could help, and I've caused you to make a mess. Here, let me help you clean up."

Sharon turned to face him and leaned back against the counter, her heart thudding in her chest.

"Oh, no, no, it's OK. I'll take care of it."

"Nonsense. The mess was my fault."

John stopped right beside Sharon and looked at the wet countertop before turning to face Sharon. Without a word, he dipped his head and captured her lips with his. Immediately his arms snaked around her waist, pulling her tight to him and holding her fast.

Sharon stood frozen as John's lips pressed harder against hers. Fear and adrenaline finally took hold. She started whimpering and moving her head, trying to break his kiss, while she pushed on his chest with her hands. Her efforts paid off as he broke the kiss.

"John Merrill!" she gasped. "What do you think--erp..."

Her words were cut off as his assault changed. One hand grabbed her ass, the other snaked around to her chest, trying to find its way into her robe. His lips worked her face and neck now.

"John, please," she pleaded, as she struggled. "John, stop ... STOP!"

She pulled free enough to slap him--hard--across the face. He immediately released her and staggered back, his face registering shock and unbridled lust. She also staggered back until she bumped into the corner where her 'L' shaped cabinets met.

"Sharon, you don't have to pretend, you don't have to act with propriety." He brushed his hair back with his fingers. "Not after you've given me clear signals for months."

She gawked at him. "Signals? John, surely you are mistaken. I've given you no signals!"

John scowled. "There is no mistake. The little hidden looks and smiles when Ted isn't looking. The open flirting. I know Ted sees it; why he chooses to ignore it is beyond me. Maybe it's his way of giving his approval."

"I ... I need you to leave, John. Leave right now, and we'll never breathe another word of this."

John stepped forward, and Sharon tried to retreat, but she was clearly trapped. Her heart thumped and her eyes darted from his face to the unattainable exit behind him.

"I need you, Sharon. This isn't a want. Your open invitation to me, your ... clear desire to be with me has driven me to this point. And when you started to change your wardrobe ... Dear God, woman. The way those blouses cling to you, the way those skirts reveal so much of your legs and your beautiful figure. I have to have you."

By now, John was pressed up against her. She leaned as far back as she could, trembling fearfully and on the verge of tears. As his left hand snaked around her waist again, he slipped his other hand inside her robe, squeezing her swollen breast. He leaned forward to kiss her again.

"Please, no," she whispered, as tears began to fall.

"John? Sharon?"

John jerked back as if he was burnt. Both turned to see Ted standing inside the kitchen doorway, a confused look on his face. Sharon burst into tears and buried her face in her hands, her fear draining from her and leaving her a quivering mess. She raised a silent prayer thanking God for sending her husband to rescue her.

John stepped towards Ted.

"Ted ... I, um, I didn't ... It's not what it looks like."

Ted took a long look at his friend, his face hardening. Then he turned his stony gaze to Sharon.

"Go home, John," he said, his voice devoid of emotion. "I'll call you tomorrow."

"Ted, please, let me explain."

"Go HOME, John."

John nodded and quickly stepped past his friend before he stopped.

"I don't have a car here."

Ted kept his eyes locked on Sharon.

"Then walk."

Without a word, John disappeared from the kitchen and a few seconds later, Sharon heard the front door close. Ted made no move towards Sharon, nor did he say anything. He just kept ... looking at her. She felt horribly exposed and unnerved under his gaze.

"Ted..."

"Did he lay with you?"

Sharon gasped. "John? No! Ted, please..."

"Is the baby even mine?"

Sharon gasped again and covered her mouth with her hand. More tears welled in her eyes. How could he even ask such a thing?

"Do you really think she might not be?" she asked, her voice wavering.

"I know you will never lie to me if I ask, so I have to ask."

"Ted, I have never been unfaithful to you. I've never even looked with lust at another man, let alone kissed one, during our marriage ... until now, and that was against my will!"

Ted nodded. "Why are you wearing a robe?"

Sharon looked down at her disheveled raiment. "I ... I just finished feeding Abigail after my bath when there was a knock at the door. I didn't realize..."

"You answered the door in a robe?"

"I thought it was just a solicitor, and that I could send them away," Sharon said, desperately hoping her husband would understand. "John asked to come in, and I ... I didn't think you'd want me to turn your friend away."

The disappointment on Ted's face was clear, his expression like a knife twisting in Sharon's heart. Eventually, he nodded and turned to leave the room.

"I'll talk to John. This won't happen again."

Just talk? Didn't this warrant something more? Sharon was stunned. It took her a moment to respond, and then she scurried after her husband. He was halfway through the sitting room on his way to their bedroom when she entered the room.

"That's it?" she asked, incredulously.

Ted stopped walking and turned back to his wife. His eyes scanned her body, an act reminiscent of John's earlier look--though not nearly as subtle--and that made her shudder.

"No," he said. "You'll discard those new clothes you bought, those clinging, immodest clothes, and go back to your former wardrobe. These new clothes are nothing but the devil's tool."

Sharon felt like she'd been slapped. John was going to get a talking to, but she had to change her wardrobe? Who was at fault again?

"But..."

"Did I not make myself clear, Sharon?" Ted asked tersely.

She hesitated, but then lowered her head in submission. "I'll take them to the thrift store tomorrow."

"No, discard them in the garbage. If they aren't appropriate for you to wear, they aren't appropriate for ANY woman to wear. I'll not have you aiding in the decay of our society."

Ted turned and left the room. Sharon fought back her tears, and returned to the kitchen to clean up the spill.

Sharon snapped out of her nightmarish memory and blinked twice, dislodging a solitary tear. She focused her attention back to the news. They'd moved to a new story, but the words the anchor said only moments before still rang loudly in her head.

John Merrill was dead.


Phil Goodwyn stared at the television screen, too stunned to react. John Merrill's hands were all over Ted Garner's illegal exploits, and the deeper Phil dug, the more he was convinced that the pair were equal partners in crime. Given the news reports about the rape conspiracy, and knowing about the Merrill boy's attempt to rape Allison, it wasn't much of a stretch to imagine what happened to John Merrill this night. He clearly dealt with the stress by befriending a bottle of booze, but whether his death was accidental or a suicide, might never be known. Not that it really mattered to Phil. The bigger question for Phil, the one that kept him off-center, would need to be answered sooner than later.

Did Merrill's death hurt or help Phil's cause?


Everyone sat in stunned silence. Brianna couldn't believe it. There was no doubt in her mind that Mr. Merrill's death was related to the events with Tyson, and she felt a little prick at her conscience. Merrigan must have sensed Brianna's mood change, because she reached out and grabbed Brianna's hand, squeezing it tightly. Brianna instantly felt comforted.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.