Accidental Wizard - Cover

Accidental Wizard

Copyright© 2010 by Crunchy

Chapter 3

Franklin and Syd walked to a nearby park, and sat on a bench watching the pigeons beg for food. Showing off, Franklin wondered what if one landed on his hand, and several hopped onto the arms of his suit jacket, startling Syd, who shrieked and giggled. Franklin held up his arm, and the pigeon suffered itself to be stroked by Syd's tentative finger. It uttered a contented cooing chortle as it shut its eyes in trusting bliss. Syd would not have been quite so impressed, but they weren't even feeding the closely gathered flock, who were evidently there just on speculation.

"So what is the deal, Franklin? Is this just more of 'Being lucky, you guess'? She accused in bemused tones.

Franklin didn't want to sound crazy by springing the whole truth that had taken him years of gradual realization to accept in just a few moments, so he gave her a bit more of the truth, without explaining the entirety of his understanding of just what his potential effect on the nature of reality was, and told her "I have a way with animals."

Hoping he wasn't moving too fast, he envisioned a little scenario of himself as the subject of a snow white being love-bombed by the woodland creatures scene, and soon a squirrel sat at his other shoulder, a robin perched on the arm of the bench, and oops, too much too fast, a large crow perched on his knee, quite alarming up close with beady black eyes and powerful looking beak. It looked at Syd and uttered an ominous 'Croak'.

Syd quickly drew back nervously, with a strained little shriek, and giggled "Franklin! enough!" With a flutter-rustle, the animals all went back to their usual occupations, leaving Syd being comforted in Franklin's protective embrace, her worried laughter almost sounding like sobs of relief. When she had composed herself, she found that the subtle power display had really aroused her, and that she was quite horny. Blushing, she could smell the scent of her dewy yoni despite the breezy spring air of the park.

Franklin opened his mouth to say something, he didn't quite know what, an explanation, an apology, but Syd placed a gentle finger on his lips, and told him "Shush, you don't have to say anything, just let me figure it out on my own, I want to take my time and get used to all this." She meant their budding relationship as much as the growing realization that Franklin was more than he seemed.

Franklin was thrilled beyond what he had ever allowed himself to feel before, as he kissed Syd's finger, and then drew her into a kiss on the mouth. Syd felt so secure and safe in Franklin's embrace, and all worries and cares melted away as she relaxed into the moment, surrendering herself to the feeling of sharing and giving herself totally to this man her Man, who she had just met that day.

Eventually they had to stop, or make love right there on the bench, so they reluctantly drew apart, breath quickened, cheeks flushed, eyes bright with mutual promise. They arose by unspoken agreement, and holding hands, continued to stroll through the park. The birds were singing sweetly, although the Dawn Welcome Ceremony had been hover for hours, and the flowers seemed to be blooming early this year.

They came out of a leafy corridor onto an open lawn, to find a stiff legged dog, growling low with head and tail down, stalking a stiffly frozen lad of about six, who's eyes were round with terror. Syd grasped Franklin's arm tightly, and wordlessly begged him with her eyes for him to stop the unfolding tragedy. He smiled reassuringly, and she felt an instant relief, trust and confidence filling her.

"Dog, stop!" he commanded forthrightly as he strode up to it. The dog looked up with a puzzled expression, it's aggression forgotten. "Sit down, good boy. You want to be a good dog, don't you?" Franklin told him dominating. He called to the boy, who looked like he was about to start crying in emotional release, "Young man, come over here, it's safe. What's your name?" "W-William, Sir..." "Well William- this little pooch ran away from a mean owner, and didn't trust you. Here, pet him, let him smell your hand. That's right. Anyway, what do you think his new name should be?"

"Is he your dog?" little William asked, then answered his own question "No, you said he had a mean owner. I think he looks like an Oliver. Oliver ran away from a mean man too." William said, stroking the now tongue lolling dog, who looked at him with trust and love.

"I think he is your dog now. I hope you have someplace to keep him." answered Franklin. "Yes, we have a back yard, I will build him a dog house, and play with him every day, and I will never be mean to him. Oh, look, he likes his tummy rubbed!" William was focused now on his new dog, both of them ignoring Franklin as he backed away, turning to find Syd staring at him in awe, her lips full and her eyes bright with her passion. Of course, he kissed her.

Syd made a conscious choice to not comment or ask about the miracles that Franklin seemed to cause. She would just accept them without remark, and perhaps eventually all would be explained, or did anything need explaining? She didn't want to think about it right then, with Franklin's strong arms protectively cherishing her, and his insistent lips returning her passion measure for measure.

Back at the cab, Franklin keyed his mike, and said "Dispatch, Enterprise here, going off hourly runabout, off duty, requesting personal overnighter for 1701."

"Roger BuddaBoy, 1701 checked out to your personal overnight use, you are clear. Have fun, Dispatch out!" The laughing voice of Dispatch giggled knowingly. Franklin grinned ruefully to himself, he was going to have to endure a bit of ribbing, he could tell. The news of just how lucky he had gotten would soon be all over the yard, mostly because he wasn't known for 'getting lucky' in that way. Probably all of the non-lesbian female cabbies and dispatchers had subtly and overtly let him know that he could get lucky with them if he wanted. He had remained oblivious to the subtle, and had treated the overt as joking around, adding a touch of 'monk' to the BuddaBoy image.

"Oh, before I forget, how much was the fare today?" queried Syd, proffering a business credit card. The amount still fell within her transportation allotment, and Franklin got that business taken care of. He returned her card with a lingering look of intimacy which she rightly took as growing love.

Franklin was very glad the glimpses of power he had shown hadn't frightened off Syd. They stopped at the state liquor store and hand in hand perused the wine section. They decided on a half gallon of Red Leaf Riesling, since there would be five of them, expecting Stan wouldn't want to miss meeting her new man. Franklin insisted on buying the wine, even though Syd explained to him that the cab fare was covered by her expense account. It was getting dark, so they followed Syd's directions to her childhood home, hardly slowed by the Friday rush-hour traffic.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.