The Future History of Humanity - Cover

The Future History of Humanity

Copyright© 2010 by unknownchild

Chapter 1

In 2012 things went downhill for a while then people started to realize the world wasn't ending right now. The prevailing thought was that since the world isn't ending, now what do I do. I would love to say humanity realized the foibles of their ways and sent about making sweeping changes to correct the damage. But as I said I would have liked to say that. By 2013 most of the world was back to business as usual. Thankfully for humanity there were some positive changes brought about thanks to our feared destruction. Most of the countries in Europe were very "green" as they liked to say. This only slowed down the inevitable and made several large and prominent, as well as, developing countries think they could slow down and cheapen out on going green. It was a mistake that was easily seen after it was too late.

The first humongous break through that allowed humanity to escape our self made titanic was not at first recognized in potential. It was discovered by Robby Lee Frikke, a physicist at the University of North Carolina. Robby Lee's discovery was a very large surprise to the rest of the world because it came in the form of an improved SAFER barrier for use in NASCAR and other motor sports. Robby Lee was as I said a physicist but he had two major hobbies or loves whichever seems better he loved playing around with magnets and he loved watching NASCAR. Robby was 22 years old when he went to a NASCAR race and witness the worst crash ever in the history of motor sports. Because of improvements in engines and aerodynamic bodies the cars at the race Robby attended were averaging green flag laps of 250mph or more not insanely fast until you factor in the weight of one of these vehicles. Thanks in part to the increases in speed and increasing government involvement, the cars were easily weighing in at around 4,500 pounds. Most of the added weight was from safety devices that were not easy to lighten up. The other added weight came from diagnostic tools and sensors on the vehicle and on the driver. Those needed a computer of courses that added more weight. So it all added up to a very fast and very heavy car.

It has often been said in one way or another throughout the history of man, that "god moves in mysterious ways" and that "he has a twisted sense of humor at times" as well. Robby Lee's life and the lives of countless others were changed thanks to one tiny piece of metal, a sensor probe in fact had become lodged in a crack in the track surface. It was thought by the crash investigators that because of how the cars were lined up and because of the speed involved the fist car drove over it in such a way that it became lodge upright and acted as a spick to puncture the right side tires of three cars before being dislodged, because of the sudden loss of both right side tires and the centriphical force involved, those three cars almost immediately went up the banked corner and into the wall at nearly a head on 90 degree collision. The drivers of the first two cars almost certainly died instantly the third drive wasn't so lucky.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.