Displacement - Cover

Displacement

Copyright© 2010 by dak

Chapter 11

Jenny

It was hard to breath, and I was panicking. I was trying to come up with some way to repair the wound remembering what I had learned from my last two meetings with my alter egos.

"Im gonna have to ask you to kindly stop that and let me handle this." My other self said.

"Huh? Oh ok."

"What the hell..." Our host said trailing off.

"Don't worry honey I got you covered." The other me said.

Everything slowly started going cold and dark, numbness started taking over our body.

"the hell! Do something." I started trying to stop the blood flow to the wound.

"I asked you to stop that, next time ill not be so kind about it, now if you will just watch me work you might learn something." The other me said.

I felt everything go cold and my vision went dark, I could feel our host slip away, I could still make out some activity in our brain but it was fading, it stopped at a level I could barely see, I was getting very sleepy.

"Okay its done, we got a few hours now." The other me said.

"What happened to us?"

"Well John done got him self shot up." The other me said with a southern drawl.

"I mean are we alive?"

"Oh dear don't worry, I wouldn't let a little bullet wound kill my John, though we were sourly outnumbered, so we will just wait, and some time tonight ill wake John back up and we can sneak out of the undertakers place." The other me said.

"Oh, so you have done this before?"

"Oh sure in the past 7 years John and I have been through some tough situations, he got hung out in El Paso last year ... But thats another story, may I ask who you are dear, and how did you land in our heads ... this doesn't have to do with the lab?" The other me asked.

"um yeah it sorta does ... Im Jenny Taylor."

"Bull shit." The other me said.

"No really, Im you and you are me, we are copies of Jenny Taylor."

"Bull shit, we aren't copies" The other me drawled.

"Im afraid we are, I've already met with two other versions of us, I ... I got separated from my host." I said, sniffling.

"Im sorry honey for your loss, but this copy shit is bull, you haven't figured it out yet?" The other me asked.

"Figured what out? That I broadcasted copies of my self through out time and space?"

"Honey we aint no damn xerox of one another, we didn't travel through time either, Honey how long you been working this problem?" The other me asked.

"Few months."

Her laugh filled the darkness.

"God damn I was arrogant when I was your age, we aint copies at all, and we aint time travelers either honey." The other me snorted.

"Wait, what do you mean?"

"Honey we are a sort of copies as in we are identical, but I didn't come from you and you didn't come from me." The other me said.

"How so? And whats your proof."

Her laugh again filled the dark.

"Honey we are the same person, just from another dimension, there are innumerable realities out there, I suspect you are running into all the Jenny Taylor's that got themselves blowed up in a lab explosion." The other me said.

"How do you know that, and how do you know we where blown up?"

"Well maybe not blown up, gots no proof of that, but when John here wakes up you will see the proof for yourself." The other me said.

I was getting frustrated with her coyness, I was going to tell her that when she started talking interrupting my train of thought.

"You know in the first couple days I thought I was back in time, old west, was crazy. It was the first time I saved John too, his horse had fell into the river during a storm, he drowned. I entered him when he was already dead, I literally had to figure out how to reanimate him, no telling how long he was in the river either, but I did it I was able to reanimate necrotic tissue, brought him back." The other me said.

Suddenly I felt her push the information into me, I got detailed memories of what she had learned.

"And you know what, I was fine with being in the old west, thought it was cool as hell, until I learned it wasn't my old west from my world. First it was small things, dates seemed off, technology seemed a little ahead, and I found out why in this place the revolutionary war lasted much longer, was drawn out and extended to a european front, The colonies after winning, with the help of the french took the war to english soil. Delayed the whole western expansion, John explained it too me when his mind awoke several days outta the river, hell I didn't even know if his mind would of survived but apparently I do good work." The other me said.

I stayed silent thinking on what she said, if that was true then I really was me, not just a copy of me, that was some how reassuring.

"So my guess Honey, is you ended up on an earth that was pretty much the same as your own, which means what ever power got dumped in your transfer was much less than mine, you probably only moved a few hundred notches away from your own home." The other me said.

I felt more information being pushed into me, more equations and theory, as well as thousands of notes on the human brain and body, manipulations and tweaks for any number of things, even one on penis enlargement.

"Oh ew."

The other laughing got hysterical.

"what you get to the cure for the clap?" The other me asked.

"No, penis enlargement." I said disdainfully.

"Hey you never know girl." The other me said.

I also got the info on how to do that useful sharing of information, I pushed everything I had learned to her.

"OWE" the other me yelled.

"too much to fast, break it up into manageable chunks." She said

"Oh sorry want me to try again?"

"No I got it." she groaned.

"Huh Jimmy, nice kid..." She said.

"Yes he is."

"You love him?" She asked.

"What? No, I mean sure like a brother."

"Oh ok." She said

There was silence for a bit.

"You know you probably where fiddling around in an area you shouldn't have." She said.

"No really...".

"No need to get snitty girl, what I means to say is that there are more things in the human mind that we barely know about." She said.

"Im sure there are..." I said.

"No I mean it, I once met a telepath in New York, she was the real deal I scanned her, her brain was manipulating wave lengths we don't yet know about" She said.

"Wait you scanned her?"

"Sure did, don't you know how to do that? Damn honey how do you think Im gonna know when to wake us up?" She asked.

"I don't know."

"Here let me show you." She said.

Suddenly I felt my senses expand, I could feel the undertakers thoughts near by, further out there was a horse tied to a post, beyond that the rest of the town.

"ill be damned."

Jimmy.

The blackness was replaced by pain it was hard to breath and I could feel my heart struggling, the was an immense pain from my chest and I felt myself be pulled off the bed, slowly sound started returning to me, I could hear a struggle in the room.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.