Displacement - Cover

Displacement

Copyright© 2010 by dak

Chapter 10

Jenny

I had fucked something up, that much I knew. I had woken up laying on the floor of a white room, well no that wasn't right, the space was white as in light, I was surrounded by light and I assumed it was a room.

"Hello?"

I could hear the echo, I slowly sat up to look around, yup white room just about summed it up.

"Jimmy?"

I stood up to look around, all I could see was endless white light.

"Great Im dead."

I paced the little white room for days, at least I thought it was days, I had no way to tell the passage of time. After my Dad had died I had went into therapy, one of the things they had taught me was meditation it was a way to calm my thoughts and let me think, I tried it after days in the room.

I laid on the floor and slowed my breathing, as I focused I caught a glimpse of Jimmy on the floor of the garage.

"What the hell."

I lost the image, was I still on the floor in the garage? How could that be it seemed like days in the room, I tried focusing again after several minutes I got the same image again, I could see the hands on our watch, the second hand wasn't moving.

I kept focusing, trying to get anything to happen, yet nothing happened. Weeks passed before the image changed, I watched as Jimmy was found by his mother, I watched her call an ambulance, I watched us be loaded onto a stretcher all in slow motion.

I got up and paced the room some more, where the hell was I, more time passed as I tried to figure out where I was or how to interact with the world, nothing changed for me, I watched Jimmy in his hospital room being put on machines to survive.

"Okay stop messing around."

I sat back down at tried to get back in control, it took forever but I finally got a look inside our head, at least the part where I was, and I saw my error, I had freaked out about Jimmy using my knowledge and had tried to seal it from him, in the processes I had locked myself into the little section of brain that housed me, I had trapped myself.

"And almost killed Jimmy."

I lost all focus at that thought, it was another long while before I was able to look at myself again, I could see the walls I had put up, it took time but I started to remove them, the first thing I got was sound, I could hear snoring, that was a good sign, with a little more work I began to feel sensations suddenly I felt myself be pulled what felt like a vast distance.

Jelme

I was laying down still, Jimmy must be asleep, I opened my eyes, the room was very dark, I was a little sore, my whole body felt off, I rubbed my face and felt a beard.

"The hell." I said.

My voice startled me, it was much deeper and more masculine then Jimmy's had ever been, I looked down at my self as my eyes adjusted to the dark, I was wearing some sort of primitive armor, I looked around the room, it was a tent, I started to panic.

I felt the person whose body I was in wake up in shock, he took control and began to chatter in a foreign language.

"Oh god, oh god."

He stopped moving at that and looked around.

"Don't panic, please don't panic."

I could feel his frown crease his face and he studied the tent looking for the source of the sound.

"English?" He spoke with an accent.

"OH thank god you speak english, look don't panic I mean you no harm."

He nodded to himself.

"Where are you?" He asked.

I felt him reaching for his sword near his sleeping furs.

"You won't need that, I am not physically here, I'm talking to you ... um from the future."

I felt his surprise and then his joy, he was happy, excited, he chattered something in the foreign language and caught himself.

"Oh thank god, who are you? Did John figure out what happen? Are you a new researcher whats going on? I had lost hope after all these years!"

"Whoa wait what the hell are you talking about? How do you know about John, slow down and explain yourself."

"Oh oh sorry, its just been so long, My name was Jenny Taylor, I was a researcher at M.I.T., after a lab accident I found myself in the body of boy whose heart had just stopped, he must of passed on I was able to take over and heal him, I am not sure of the year but it is during the reign of the Khans"

I felt myself panicking at his statement, my head was spinning.

"Like Genghis Khan?"

"Yep thats the one, I assume you figured out what happened to me and are here to help? Um are you okay?" He said that as he walked over and opened the tent flap, I could see hordes of tents, we where in an army camp.

"How long have you been here?"

"At least 14 summers."

"14 years? Look you need to sit down, Let me introduce my self, My name is Jenny Taylor."

Jelme sat on the floor sometime later, after I had explained everything, he was looking down at his hands, I could see the roughness formed from a hard life.

"So no one knows about the accident yet, and you and I are one of many copies?" Jelme said.

"Well you and I are the only two I know of."

"It stands to reason that there are more."

"Yes I think we can assume that, I need to get back to Jimmy though, if I can get back there I can work on the problem."

He started to laugh, he went to the side of his tent and pulled out several scrolls, he laid them out, each one contained complex equations and drawings.

"13 years worth of work, all theoretical as I lack the means of building any of it."

I looked them over in awe of how much he had thought about his problem.

"This is great, these all look correct, my god the math is beyond me."

"I may look like a barbarian but I am still a scientist, i've learned a lot, no tv or computers, well you can imagine the free time ... When I am not fighting."

"Fighting?"

He laughed.

"Yes well, when I came here, with my knowledge I have made myself very useful to the Khan as an advisor and friend."

"Wait, do you have any Idea what you could do to the future?"

"Who cares, I needed to survive, and I have, besides." He pointed at an equation that made no sense to me.

"Time will take care of itself."

"How do you know that?" I was still trying to figure out the equation.

"Because you are still here and I am, if anything I did changed that then we wouldn't." He said smugly.

"Oh I am so glad we are going off that logic."

"Look I have more important things to worry about right now."

"More important? Whats more important then saving Jimmy's life?"

I found out rather quickly it was taking lives that was more important, we rode into battle against a village that day, I grew sick at the carnage I saw, I could feel his disgust at my weakness. Jelme had a blood lust I could never have, he was using our knowledge to slaughter and kill.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.