Displacement
Chapter 6

Copyright© 2010 by dak

Jenny.

It was after dinner and Jimmy let me take over. After I finished building the computer and booting it up, I quickly started my search for my friend, John Garcia. I easily found him in Pasadena, where he was working on string theory for his doctorate at Cal-tech. I was successful in getting his Cal-tech email for him, but couldn't get a phone number for him — he must have been unlisted or living in a dorm, or something.

Next, I concentrated on some CAD files for John's work that I knew he would be able to use.

After that, I set up an email account for myself under my original name, and sent him an email.

"Dear Mister Garcia.

I am a friend, just not a friend you know yet. I am an engineering major at MIT, and the following files I am sending you relate to the line of work you will be in very soon. Please carefully look them over and treat this seriously. I sincerely wish to be your friend.

Jenny Taylor."

I attached the cad files I had created of potentially useful prototype arrays for testing his work, and I sighed as I hit send, hoping it would be enough. Going back to work on other things for Jimmy (and me!), I concentrated on some quick patents that would earn us some money.I quickly came up with 3 that could be useful; 2 of them dealt with super collider mechanics, and the other showed how to increase the efficiency of their cooling systems. When I had pretty well finished them, I saved the files and leaned back with a sigh of relief. I'm glad that is finished!

"So, Jimmy, what do you wanna do now?"

"Dunno, are you really done with all that work?".

"Yep, as much as I can for now."

"Then, Jenny, can you take me out back and teach me that martial arts thing you told me about?"

"Sure thing, Jimmy, lets go," and I gave Jimmy back full control.

Jimmy.

"Mom, I'm going to be outside exercising," I yelled.

As I ran outside, I could feel Jenny enjoying the movement. When we finally reached a large open space, she started telling me what to do.

"Okay, Jimmy, copy these movements exactly" Jenny said, as she took physical control.

She would first do a move, then she would give me control to have me mimic it, until she was satisfied I had done it correctly. I would then turn control back to her, and we continued this until it finally got dark and mom called us in. I then took over again.

"Awww, Mom, can't I stay out for a little more?" I yelled.

"No, Jimmy, you need to get ready for bed," Mom called back, giving me a weird look.

As I walked up the stairs, Mom stopped me.

"What were you doing out there?" Mom asked.

"Practicing Krav Maga," I said.

"I don't have a clue what that is, but I guess it's okay. At least it got you out exercising, for a change," she said, patting me on the shoulder.

I ran to take a shower before bed and stopped, suddenly feeling very nervous.

"Jenny?"

"Yes, what's wrong?"

"I ... can you close your eyes when I take a shower?"

"Jimmy I can, but I will still feel everything you do, and if you open your eyes, I'll see whatever you see, too."

"Oh." I had a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach.

"Jimmy, I am a grown women, I have seen naked men before. It's okay, I promise I'll keep quite and let you do your thing."

"Oh, okay, I guess."

I showered with no fuss from Jenny, who approached it clinically; we had to get clean, and that was that, but when I cleaned my lower parts, Jenny was a little distracted. She held it in pretty well, though, I thought.

We dried and clothed ourselves, and I ran to the bed, grabbing a book on the way.

"Jenny, can you read to me?"

"Sure, kid, let me take over."

Jenny.

The switch happened, and Jimmy was the passenger again as I read him a story. His mom came in to check on him, and looked startled to see him apparently reading by himself.

"I was going to read to you," Mom said.

"That's okay, Mom, I got it,"

She nodded with a little look of disappointment and turned to leave, reminding me as she left, "Don't forget you have school tomorrow."

"Jenny, what are we gonna do about school?".

"Deal with it, I guess."

"You will still be there with me, won't you, Jenny?"

"Of course I will."

"Good. I don't want to be alone, now that I have changed, and I like having you with me. It makes me feel safer, somehow."

Jenny.

As soon as I was sure Jimmy was asleep, I went back to the computer to finish the patent applications. I used his printer to print them out, and grabbed an envelope to send them off in. I had done this enough times in my old life that I knew how to skip the lawyer and get it done on my own.

When I checked my new email account, I saw that I had a reply already. Boy, that was quick!

"Hello Jenny,

What you sent me is absolutely amazing! This could shave years off my work, and is already pointing me in new directions! Please, you have to tell me how you knew what I was working on, and how this would help.

Where are you? What program are you in?

John Garcia."

I sighed, thankful that he got back to me so quickly, and typed up my reply.

John,

You wouldn't believe me just yet, so I am going to tell you something that there is only one way I could possibly know: the Pope will die on April 2, and a man named Joseph Ratzinger will replace him. This is only a few weeks away, so when that happens, you will know how I know what I do.

Please trust me,

Jenny Taylor

I spent the rest of the night researching the town where I grew up, looking for info on the mines that my dad worked in. I found absolutely as much as I could, because I only had until June to find someone who would be willing to get a message to my dad and help us. Exhausted, I finally went to bed at three AM, listening to Jimmy snore.

Jimmy.

My alarm clock woke me up, and I could hear Jenny gently snoring in my head -that is so weird! I quietly got up, showered and dressed, all with out waking her.

Mom drove me to school and dropped me off, and Jenny still didn't wake up.

"Jimmy, if anything goes wrong, be sure you call me," Mom said when I got out of the car.

"Sure, Mom, I will."

I walked to my lockers and I saw Alex and his goons hanging out nearby. They had obviously been waiting for me and, as I walked up to my locker, Alex shoved me.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.