The Tree House - Book 1
Chapter 6

Copyright© 2010 by AJ Martin

“Lindie, what have you done to me?” I said out loud as I slipped off my shorts. I was looking at myself in the same mirror I had years ago as a kid and that’s who I saw now.

The image reflected back at me was that of me as a little kid sporting a huge smile. It was a smile so big that you could have wrapped it around behind my head and tied it there.

I don’t think I’d smiled as broadly as the countenance beaming back at me from that mirror, ever. Well, for a fact, I don’t think I’d been this happy since I’d lost my Lindie so long ago. Having her back, hopefully forever, would be nice. Her presence sure had raised my spirits from the funk I’d been in just hours ago.

Our Tree House sure had worked wonders on me today! I didn’t want to visit what would have happened if, all funked out as I was, I had just taken to a run on the walking path. Life sometimes teaches you a lesson.

Things had recently gotten real bad for me. I hadn’t told anyone yet, not even my mom. I know she’d sensed something was wrong. It was obvious something was wrong but I knew she wouldn’t prod me to find out what it was. She was just waiting for me to resolve things in my mind so I could tell her.

It was just that funk running through me that forced me up into that childhood sanctuary and into Lindie’s arms. Life’s lesson that I was thinking about made me giggle a little. “If you think things are bad today ... Wait till tomorrow.” Then laughing at the kid I saw in the mirror, I said out loud, almost yelling in glee, “Things can always get BETTER!”

Yeah, I know that isn’t the way it’s always said. “Worse,” is the usual operative word in that epithet. But today, I had Lindie and the bevy of surprises she was joyfully thrusting upon my heart. I didn’t think that anything could dampen my feelings right now.

Just to prove me partially wrong about that, I softly uttered to myself, “Ooops!” at that moment. I heard the French doors give a little squeak as they opened. LINDIE! Ooops! I’d dawdled just a mite too long and she was here.

“Mikey,” she called out as I grabbed my bathing suit and hastily pulled it on.

“Be right down,” I answered, pulling my shorts on over my suit and grabbing my sandals.

With a quick dash, I was down in the kitchen, lunged at my Lindie and ... SMACK ... planted one on those lifesaving lips of hers.

“Wow?” she said. “Where did that come from.”

“You,” I answered.

“Yeah. I can see that,” Lindie commented. “You look happier than the proverbial cat after munching on the Canary!

“It’s so nice to see that smile again,” she added stroking a hand over my face. “It’s been so long. So long,” she said a little pensively and with a hint of sadness hidden behind her smile.

“It’s been the same for me, Lindie. I don’t know what I’d have done if our Tree House hadn’t returned you to me.” Then in my own pensive mind, I tried to close off that line of thinking.

There was no reason to open that now closed door. If I had been let alone and gotten through that door, things would have gotten real bad. Let’s leave that door forever closed I thought to myself. I had my Lindie and that’s what mattered now.

OK, I know that I’ve gotten a little off track here. My mind wanders at times and wander is what Lindie knew about me. “Earth ... to Mikey” I heard her say with a laugh.

“Gone again?” was her little jab at my psyche.

“Not far,” I jabbed right back.

“Thinking of ME?” she asked.

I stepped so close to her not even a piece of tissue paper would fit between us. Softly maneuvering her face a little as I held it between my hands, I whispered in a breath that spilled over face, “Always and Forever.”

Lindie sighed and that dip I told you about, happened. Her knees went lax and if I hadn’t been holding her, she might have landed butt first right on the floor. As it was, my lips held onto hers as she leaned back and my arms held her at an angle.

When she recovered, I pulled her up. Looking deeply into my eyes she softly said, “Geeze, Mikey, you sure know how to sweep a girl off her feet.”

I could see a little moisture forming atop her lower eyelids. “I love you, that’s all,” I told her and softly put another kiss to her lips.

“Oh, boy Mikey. You can say that as many time as you want to me. I love you too.”

Then she bunched up her eyebrows as a she formulated what I though was going to be a serious question. I was right because that’s just what she did.

“Michael,” she started and I thought “WOW! This has to be serious. Lindie never calls me Michael.”

Continuing, she said, “Remember when I asked you before if you wanted me?”

“Yes,” I told her. “We were on your parents’ bed.”

“Well, I’m not sure you understood what I was asking.”

“Oh,” I replied.

“I know that you wanted to have sex with me, right then and right there. That pretty much goes without saying.”

“OK,” I mumbled, trying to make my mind go where she wanted.

“I wasn’t talking about S.E.X ... Honey.”

“Oh my God. Lindie has never used that word at me before,” flashed through my mind. “Honey. I was Honey, to her!”

“I was asking,” she continued, her face getting ever more serious with each passing word. “I was asking if you wanted ME!”

I had completely missed the mark on that question. Sure I wanted HER. No that’s not correct. I WANTED her ... and ... ONLY her.

It didn’t take an ounce of thought. My brain went on idle and my mouth just took over controlled by my heart as I answered, “Yes, then and yes now.”

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.