Tammy - Cover

Tammy

Copyright© 2010 by AJ Martin

Chapter 13

George glanced around the table at his new friends looking slightly confused. Their proposition seemed interesting yet he just couldn't put a handle on delaying getting the project started. "Why a week Friday?" he asked.

Laughing when Sally joined George's expression saying, "Yeah ... Why?" Karl explained he had to order supplies from Frank. "He's the guy who drives my supply truck," he went on. "Remember, I can't leave here. I can't have any type of phone here either so I have to rely on him and plan ahead. That's what my Grandfather said in his will.

"Anyway, Frank comes every Friday and I give him a list of things I want or need. Then on his next weekly trip he brings everything I ordered. Although, if it's something big, then he might have it delivered ... I can tell him to do that too. You know, deliver something before the next Friday but it has to be something out of the ordinary."

A smile spread way across George's face as he commented, "Like a backhoe!" Then quickly adding, "So you could dig out the foundation for the addition or a hole for a holding tank or trenches for a leaching field,"

Karl laughed then answered, "Yes. Exactly. Although I didn't think of that when I had the sand for the beach dropped off. A piece of heavy equipment would have really helped back then."

After pausing for a second he added, "At least I'd talked the truck driver into dropping off each of the three loads of sand I'd ordered in two sections. I had him start dumping the first bit right in the water and then drive up as the sand slid off. Then he'd drop the rest next to the first and so on for the other loads. That's why the beach is around fifty feet wide."

"Why fifty feet?" Sally asked.

George smiled and then beamed as he told her, "Simple math! A dump truck is about eight feet wide so if each drop was two sections wide and there were three loads, that would be six times eight or forty-eight feet wide."

"I didn't know that," Sally said in reply causing George to blush a bit and it was obvious when Karl nodded approval he was enjoying having the answer right at hand. Then he asked Karl, "Three loads? That's a lot of sand."

"Yeah. I needed it to make sure the sand stayed in place long enough to justify the work putting it in. I had the driver back into the stream as far as practical. I mean up until the back wheels were completely covered with water ... right up to the trailer body. The back end of the truck was about thirty-feet into the stream by then. By doing that, I got the sand to go out into the water to where it's about five feet deep.

"The driver had propped open the rear gate a little before he backed up the truck. To start the sand going, he raised the dump truck up a bit. As the sand flowed out of the end of the truck he'd drive forward slowly. I wanted the sand coverage at about four to six inches thick and that trick of his worked just fine. With a twenty cubic yard load, after pulling out of the water, that gave me about forty-eight feet of beach."

Tammy looked a little confused. "You said it took a lot of work? But it sounds like the driver did all the work for you."

Karl laughed at her question and leaned into her pressing his lips to hers. He let out a soft pleasure grunt wishing they could be out on the sand right then and there finishing what they'd tried to start a couple of times already.

After letting the kiss subside he continued, "Yeah, he got the sand where I wanted it but I still had to even it out. That took three days of heavy raking to spread everything around so it looked nice. That's why I told George it would have been nice to have had a piece of heavy equipment to help."

"Oh!" Sally commented with a slight blush partly from the heat of George's kiss, saying, "It looks real nice,"

George appeared deep thought. Sally turned to him, raising one eyebrow with a questioning look.

"I was thinking," George said as he caught Sally's look. "Do you have to order all supplies from Frank? What would happen if something you MIGHT need showed up here. Would that cause a problem?"

Before Karl could open his mouth Reeve was right there saying, "George, I have a guess where your thoughts are going. I think I'd better check with Alexander Croft first, before anything starts appearing here. He's Karl's Grandfather's Estate Lawyer

"OK?"

"OK!" George responded softly but he kept a sly smile on his face.

A frown crinkled across Sally's forehead. "George! You listen to him. Mr. Jordan is giving you good advice.

"Listen to him! Don't do anything stupid!"

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.