Journey Outward
Chapter 21: Time Wasted

Copyright© 2010 by Joan of Acre

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 21: Time Wasted - What has Chronos done this time. When she returns to the Compound, she finds it filled with new faces... and a call to war. She watches in horror and wonder as the chaos around her increases.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   Fa/ft   Ma/Ma   Consensual   Reluctant   BiSexual   Post Apocalypse  

We are the last to enter the meeting room. It is much more crowded than I have ever seen it before. Not only are the Elders there but a number of the librarians are present, taking notes. There are Protectors squashed in the corners as well. The room becomes unbearable hot in minutes.

We are all asked to tell what we have seen. After giving my impressions and present information about the base, I drift away from the conversations that are taking place. There is nothing I can add after I have given my report, and I need to think to see what the different threads are all doing.

I start to look at the participants' as a Defender; as I should have been doing all along, reading the mood of the room, the life the places, where the chaos grows. What the threads of lives say to me as I truly look at them. The threads of the Elders are all tight bundles, I can see visions of what has been. I have only a hazy idea of the future. There will many trials.

It is Rich's thread that catches my eye. His is like a candle in the wind, it flickers and jumps. I can see it going out in the future, close enough that I am sure it will be soon. I also see more threads that want to join the Kindred. The Kindred are a focus. I had guessed that much when I was dumped so close to their backyard. Is it my job it keep the focus on track, or to disburse it? I think it is too soon to tell.

"What do you think Chronos?" Melville's question breaks my concentration.

I look up with bewildered eyes. "uh?" I say and blink the world of now back into focus. What had they been going on about. I have only a vague idea, so I just leap on the next thought that crosses my mind.

"Rich what would happen if we did nothing?" I turn to the one thread who has been making so much trouble. "If we made no move against the military base?" I ignore Melville's snort.

"They would watch for a year or so, then begin a campaign against you. All arms would have to be turned over to the local authorities. All males between 15 and 25 would be sent to the army for training. you would be indoctrinated into the empire," he answers me dutifully.

"What!" Napoleon gets to his feet, "where the hell do you get off asking about surrendering to the enemy?"

I raise my hand to silence him. "I want you to know all of your options before we embark on an all out campaign to kill off what "might" be an occupying army." I snap back at him.

"We need to fight, before the kill us all off," he gestures wildly to the table.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.