Journey Outward
Chapter 11: Heartache

Copyright© 2010 by Joan of Acre

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 11: Heartache - What has Chronos done this time. When she returns to the Compound, she finds it filled with new faces... and a call to war. She watches in horror and wonder as the chaos around her increases.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   Fa/ft   Ma/Ma   Consensual   Reluctant   BiSexual   Post Apocalypse  

After a half an hour of wandering around aimlessly I realize I have no idea where to look for Nimrod, but as the universe would have it, I don't find the men, but rather another problem child finds me.

"Chronos!" I turn to find Alys running to catch up with me as I continue my stroll around the compound.

Stopping, I politely wait for her to catch up. My little traveling companion is looking much better then the first time I laid eyes on her. She had been a huddled mass of dirty rags and bruises. Now she is cleaned up and her dark curls shimmer in the sunlight. Her eyes are full of curiosity and wonder. She almost looks like the happy teenager that she should have been. But rather than the smile of happiness on her face I detect a note of worry on her brow.

"Yes Alys, what is it?" I ask as she stops out of breath next to me. "Have you been treated well?" I wonder if she has been exposed to any xenophobic, narrow-minded, attitude by the Kindred. I would hope not, but I would not put it past some people to try and push out a defenselessly little girl. "I'm fine. Nosis. I even get to live with Godiva 'n Melville again." She is still breathless but I can hear her delight at being with a family again. "And look what Diana gave me." She pulls out a sharp shiny knife. "She said it was Annie's"

Her smile gets a watery when she says Annie's name. Oh 'verse mine does too. Annie was a good friend, I really wished I had been given more time to know her.

"That was very nice of her." I give her a grin back. "I did not think Diana would ever give up a weapon once she called it hers."

"Do ya really think so?" Alys looks horrified at the thought of having to give the weapon back. "She never said..."

I ruffle her hair and laugh lightly. "No you silly goose. I was just teasing you."

"Oh." She looks at me in contrite. She still jumps at shadows and startles like bird when ever anyone moves too fast or raise a hand higher then their shoulder.

"You Are safe here Alys. Really. I would not have brought you back if I did not believe it myself." I give her chin a little push so she can look me in the eyes. "It will still take time. Some of it is up to you. and some of it is up to us."

"I ... he..." She bursts into tears and throws herself in to my arms. "Why did god do this to me." She sobs out. "Why me?"

"Shush. little one." I say as I rock her gently. It seems I am to be the comforter today. "it is not out of hate that is happened. it is like Coop said, maybe you have been tested."

"and found wanting." she sobs harder.

"And found remarkable. little one. You have been given a chance to do something else." I give her back a pat and gently untangle her out of my arms. Taking her chin in my hand I life her face and with my other hand brush the tears off.

"Maybe the universe has a plan for you. Now that you are here to live it, you need to learn to move passed the pain, the terror. Be a better person. See that your child is a better person."

"oh, I forgot about her." she gives a last sniffle and rubs her stomach, as she calms down. "that's what I wanted to talk to you about."

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.