Depression Soup
Foreword

Copyright© 2010 by wordytom

Because of the requests of a few people, here is a non-sexual story that is a series of vignettes that could be called "Growing Up In Oklahoma in the 1930s."

I like the story because it espouses honor and integrity. It also points out how southerners could praise Jesus and hate Niggers in the same breath of air.

After the two viruses I had to get rid of, I want to piss off the Jesus For Lunch Bunch big time.

Tom

Forward: How To Make Depression Soup.

Back in either 1938 or 1939 when I was visiting my grandparents, a hobo came to the back door and said, "I'm hungry, ma'am. Could you either give me something to eat of part of the makin's for some delicious Depression Soup?"

My grandmother laughed and asked him, "How do you make Depression soup, sir?"

"Well, ma'am, first you steal a chicken and then..."

"You convinced me I better feed you, " Grandma laughed as she interrupted him. We had a flock of nice leghorns penned up in back of the house. She took his not too subtle hint to heart. After he had eaten the plate of food Grandma fixed for him, he started to go. "I bet people seldom turn you down when you ask for food," she said.

"Well, ma'am, not the ones with chickens, anyway." With a great big smile to us he was on his way. Other times when he came through that part of Oklahoma other folks didn't take his "hint" and lost a chicken or two.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.