The Psychic - Cover

The Psychic

Copyright© 2009 by Monbade

Chapter 12: On the run

Victor stepped on the gas, and the SUV picked up speed. In the review mirror, he watched as the man chased after them.

"Hold the wheel," he said as they started down the hills on a straightaway.

Reaching out with his powers, as Amber held the wheel, he started flinging small stones at the man chasing him. The man started swatting around him and he felt his pebbles being shattered. Controlling his power, he made several of the pebbles smash into the man's right knee from behind just as his foot was to touch the ground. The man hit the ground on his back as his leg flew out from under him and he went sliding over the edge of the hill and started rolling down hill.

"That took care of him," Victor said as he took control of the wheel.

"What did you do daddy?" Amy asked from where she was standing in the seat.

"AMY! SIT DOWN! PUT YOUR SEATBELT BACK ON!" Amber shouted.

Amy turned around and dropped to her ass. Her hand yanked the seatbelt across her body and she had it snapped in place before Amber could finish yelling at her.

"Amy, I hurt him. It wasn't nice, but they would have hurt you and your mother if I hadn't done what I did," Victor said as he kept an eye in the mirror.

"Like that asshole that kidnapped us and killed our real mommy?" Lisa asked.

"Yes Lisa, just like them. In fact I think they work for him, but I'm not sure," Victor replied as they came down the last hill and turned right on to 396 to head into Reno.

"Then good, I hope you hurt them badly. I miss my mommy!" Lisa said as she started crying and soon all three of the girls were crying.

Amber unfastened her seatbelt and climbed into the back. Unfastening Lisa, she stood her up and sat in her place. Picking Lisa up, she set her on her lap, pulled the two other girls into her side, and let them all cry together.

By the time they hit the edge of Reno, the girls were asleep. Victor kept looking in the mirror at Amber; she kept smiling at him as she rocked Lisa.

"Amber, you're going to be a great mother," Victor said as he changed lanes again.

"Thanks, and you're going to be a great father ... but we will make mistakes," she replied.

"I know. All parents do," Victor replied as he changed lanes to watch behind him. Not seeing any, he turned his attention back to the road, and read the signs. Seeing one that said Meadowood mall two miles, he changed lanes once more and edged closer to the exit. Turning into the mall, Victor followed his directions and drove to the east side of the mall.

"Amber, keep an eye out for six black Lincoln town cars parked together," Victor asked as he started around the building.

"I already see them. They're parked over by that big RV," Amber replied as she pointed to my left.

Victor looked, saw the vehicles, and took the next lane with the arrow heading that way. As they pulled up, the door on one of the Lincolns opened and a giant of a man got out.

"I think we found him," he said as he pulled into an empty parking spot.

"Damn! He's a big son of a gun," Amber added as she woke the girls.

They climbed out and waited as the man walked over to them.

"Victor, I'm Kindle, Michelle wanted me to give you this," he said in a deep voice and handed Victor a large envelope that he pulled from inside his jacket

"Thanks, any word from Michelle?" Victor asked as he took the envelope.

"She is safe; she got away from the attack and is holed up in the place she taught you. She said you would know what I mean," he replied.

"Then I know she's safe. What is this?" Victor asked as he examined the envelope.

"She wanted me to give it to you," he said and stepped back to lean against the car.

Victor opened the envelope and pulled the papers out. One was a check for a million dollars and a prepaid Visa card. The other was a letter from Michelle.

Dear Victor,

Victor, if your reading this then I was detained getting you away. Please do as I ask in this letter. When you finish this letter, I want you to burn it for your own safety. Now first, I want to congratulate you both. You and Amber are a beautiful couple, a light in the night of this darkness that will see a lot of us Psychics dead when it's over. No, I'm not clairvoyant; it's just something I feel in my bones. Run, and run fast from Nevada and stay out of California for a while. I did some checking and the man who Amber was supposed to marry is a nasty individual. He has great influence in the normal world and in the Psychic because he has several Psychics on his payroll. The reason I tell you to run, is that you're not yet ready to face them. Keep practicing and learning your abilities. Stay hidden and when the fight is over, I will contact you. As your mentor, I'll know where you are just like any you train you'll know where they're at. So stay safe, and protect those children, they are your future. As to the check, open a checking account and deposit the money. It's to help you set up your household. The Visa card has fifty thousand on it, for gas and traveling. The RV next to you is yours and your family. I stocked it with normal clothes. It's called a Bounty Hunter and is a toy hauler. In the back where the toys are stored are the beds for the girls as well as a small deep freezer and fridge as well as two ATVs. You may want to exchange the fridge and freezer for larger ones. Fishing gear is stored in the storage compartment along with recreation toys for the kids. Kindle has the keys for the RV.

Good luck,

Michelle.

Victor, looked up from the letter at Kindle, and said, "You have a set of keys for me?"

"Yes, Master Victor," he replied, handed Victor the keys, and then continued, "Let's get you loaded up, and the Escalade up on the trailer."

The men loaded the luggage into the RV and Kindle drove the SUV onto the bed of the trailer.

"Master Victor, please come over here and I'll show you how to do the tie downs. Also, if you scan my mind, you can learn how to operate the RV," Kindle asked.

Victor walked over and he showed Victor how to tie down the SUV on the trailer. He then had Victor do the same until he knew how to do the job himself. While he was learning that, Victor reached into Kindle's mind and learned how to operate the RV. He also learned how to hook up the power, waste and phone lines to the RV and to disconnect the trailer and unhook the lights. They also covered the Escalade with a car tarp that hid the license plate.

"Thank you, Kindle. Tell your mistress thank you for me. Now get to your safe house and hole up until she contacts you," Victor ordered.

Victor shook all the men's hands and sent them on their way. Going to the RV, he climbed inside and kissed Amber. As their kiss separated, the girls ran over and hugged them tightly.

"Mom, Dad, this is so cool," the girls said at the same time.

"We're glad you like it. Now when we park for the night, I want all of you to write a thank you letter to Michele. She bought the RV for us so we have a place to hide in while the bad guys fight our friends," Victor said.

"We will, Daddy. Where are we going?" Amy asked.

"We are going to Oregon, and up to Seattle, we will then go into Canada to Alaska for the rest of the summer. Does that sound good to you?" Victor replied.

"Brrr its cold in Alaska," Lisa stated.

"Yes it is, in the winter. But we're going in the summer. We will do some camping, and maybe some gold panning if you want. That's if your mother wants to go there," Victor said as he looked at his wife.

"Sounds like fun. Get up in that driver's seat while I get the girls organized in the back. I know that the fridge is packed, so we will have lunch ready by the time we reach California," Amber ordered.

"Ok," Victor replied, kissed all his girls, went to the driver's seat, and sat down. He studied the instruments, fastened his seatbelt and started the RV up. Checking the mirrors, he saw they were fine and he pulled out.

Amber came up to the front, sat down with the Rand McNally road map and said, "Victor, I suggest we go left to the 395 interchange and stay on it until we hit the California border. Then head across the state through Susanville to Klamath Falls, Oregon. That way we miss most of the state by not going back to I-5 and up the state to Medford. Once we get to Klamath, we head west on US 97 to Medford, Oregon to Coos Bay. We then should head north on Highway 101 to Washington State. This way we avoid all the major centers and we should be able to stay hidden. What do you think?"

"Sounds like a plan. What are we having for lunch?" he asked as they pulled out of the mall.

"I found containers of barbecue roast beef in the fridge. Going to heat that and put it on rolls, with potato salad for lunch," she replied as she set the map on the dash and went in back.

"Sounds good," Victor replied as a dozen cars went flying through the intersection. In the third car, he saw Amber's mom in the back seat next to Wang. He watched them in the mirror as they drove to the next light.

"Shit, keep on going," he said and it was as if they were listening because they pulled into the mall. With a grin, he turned onto the 395 interchange and headed around Reno.

As Victor drove, he watched behind him for any of the cars he had seen or if anyone was following them. Behind him, he could hear Amber singing softly as she made lunch. Glancing over his shoulder, he saw the girls playing a game at the table. Thirty minutes later, they pulled into Pevine California and stopped at one of their parks. Carrying the food over to a picnic table, Victor helped Amber set it up while the girls kicked a soccer ball around.

"Girls, go wash your face and hands, and then come eat," Amber shouted.

"Ok, Mom," the girls shouted back and ran to the RV.

"Victor, I'm scared for them. I have a bad feeling Mister you know who is going to come after them," Amber said as she watched the girls run into the RV.

"I agree too," Victor replied as he severed up the potato salad onto the plates while Amber poured Kool-Aid into their glasses. The girls came running out as Amber and he made their sandwiches. As the girls sat down, they placed the paper plates with sandwiches on the table.

"Looks good, Mom," Amy said as Lisa lifted her bun.

"What's wrong Lisa?" Victor asked as she scrunched up her face.

"Nothing, Dad ... I just don't really like barbecue," she replied with a sigh.

"Oh, I see. Well eat a little, and tonight when we stop, I will try to find a restaurant and you can order whatever your heart desires ... that goes for all of you as long as it's healthy," he said as he picked up his sandwich and took a bite of it.

"Ok, Daddy," Lisa replied and took a bite of her sandwich.

They finished eating, and cleaned up their mess. Walking to the RV, the girls ran up the steps and Victor followed Amber. Closing the door, he went to the driver's seat as the girls washed the few dishes they had used. He could see Amber in back and it looked like she was making the bunk beds for the girls to sleep on as he started up the RV and pulled back out onto the road.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.