Wendy - Cover

Wendy

Copyright© 2009 by Kaffir

Chapter 7

In the long vacation both girls went home and Bill found himself feeling quite lonely. It was strange not to have the girls around and he missed their chatter and laughter. True, Wendy did invite him to come for the weekend several times and his friendship with Theresa grew. He realised that she had a strong, resilient character and wondered where Wendy had got her submissive streak from. Wendy also visited him at least once a fortnight always staying for a couple of nights.

Both girls returned two days before term started. Sally was looking well rested and had clearly spent a lot of time out of doors. Her freckles were very pronounced. She had worked round her father's shipyard and had loved every minute of it. She found that even after a year at university she could converse surprisingly well with the foreign crews.

"Inevitably we had a number of Dutch ships in and that's the one language I don't speak but generally their English is so good it wasn't really a drawback."

Wendy was given a second year research project in partnership with a man called Stephen Walker. She said that she hardly knew him from her first year when they had been no more than nodding acquaintances. They decided that they would break the project down into three parts. During the first term they would both read up on it and make notes. In the second term they would work together conducting some experiments and pulling their work into a cohesive whole. In the summer term they would write it up and prepare their presentation.

The project added to Wendy's work load and she started working every bit as long hours as Sally. Nevertheless the three stuck to their former routine and enjoyed each other's company as much as ever. Her workload did not impinge Bill's and Wendy's love-making either.

Bill spent Christmas Day with his family at his parents' house and then went to join Wendy and Theresa on Boxing Day returning home on 2nd January. They did not go out on New Year's Eve but saw the New Year in quietly at home. Bill thoroughly enjoyed the break. There was much talk and laughter. When Wendy was studying Theresa and Bill would take her dogs for long walks on The Plain. He learned a lot more about her. She was a naval daughter and had met her husband, Mike, when he and her father were stationed at Yeovilton. Wendy's birth had major complications. Theresa nearly died and was advised not to have any more children.

"So I was spayed," she said cheerfully.

"Wasn't that a big disappointment?"

"Yes, it was, particularly for Mike. He would have loved to have had a son as well. I would too actually but we were very lucky to have Wendy and couldn't love her more."

When he left to go home he got the expected hug and kiss from Wendy but Theresa gave him a very warm and loving hug too.

"Thank you so much for coming and for staying so long. It really cheered me up and I enjoyed our times walking and talking together."

"I loved every minute of it and hope I can come again soon."

"Whenever you like." She took his face in her hands and kissed him warmly.

In the Easter Term Wendy and Stephen had to get together several evenings a week. Early in the term they pretty well alternated where they worked. Bill and Sally found Stephen pleasant enough but rather dull and boring. They were mildly surprised that Wendy appeared to be attracted to him. As the term went on Wendy began to go to Stephen more often than he came to her. Then she started to spend nights there. When that started Bill felt he had to say something.

One evening when she was working alone at home and came down to join him in front of the television Bill decided the moment had come.

"I don't want to pry, Wendy love," he said gently, "but are you sleeping with Stephen?"

Wendy looked shyly down at her hands. Despite her growing interest in Stephen she had retained her desire to please Bill. She was terrified that Bill was going to be displeased with her.

"Yes," she whispered.

"And have you made love?"

"Yes. Last night was the first time. Previously we just cuddled and things."

"OK. I thought you might be. I don't want to stand in your way or anything but, as you are making love to him, I think you should stop making love with me."

"Oh, Bill," she wailed and her eyes filled with tears.

He put an arm round her shoulders. "I shall miss you too," he said softly, "but I think it would be as well. I know I'm clean but he may be carrying something. It might be wise for him to check."

"He's clean too," she whispered. "Last night was his first time."

Bill was not entirely surprised. Stephen's dullness was unlikely to have earned him many girlfriends.

"Even so, my sweet, doesn't it go against your ethics to share yourself?"

She nodded. "Oh, Bill, my rock, please let us stay friends. I couldn't bear to lose you."

"You never will. I'll always be there for you. You only have to ask. If this business goes all the way and you both decide to marry I'd love to be the one to give you away."

"You will be, Bill: whoever I marry."

"In the meanwhile this remains your home for as long as you want."

"Thank you, dearest Bill." She hugged him hard but did not attempt to kiss him.

A fortnight before the end of term Wendy moved out and went to live with Stephen. She promised to keep in regular touch but after the first week they heard nothing from her. Bill's hopes of spending the Easter break with Theresa and Wendy went up in a puff of smoke. Sally was going back up to Yorkshire and he would once again be on his own.

Theresa rang him. She was totally loyal to Wendy but told Bill that she would miss him. She rang him again two days before the end of term.

"Wendy rang to say that she's not coming home for Easter," she said. "Stephen wants her to go and meet his family and then they've apparently got too much work to do on this wretched project to come and spend even a couple of days here. I confess I'm a bit hurt that my daughter can't find time to show me her new love. She brought you here and she was only 'very, very fond' of you."

"Oh, Theresa, I'm so sorry. That's miserable for you."

"You've met this Stephen character. What's he like?"

"He's OK but frankly I can't see why Wendy's fallen for him. Sally and I thought him dull and boring."

"Oh dear! When did you last hear from her?"

"A week ago but what with a new love and this wretched project, as you call it, I don't blame her."

"Hmm! Bill?"

"Yes."

"Would you consider coming and spending a day or two with me?"

"I'd love to but mightn't there be some gossip?"

"I doubt it. I won't flaunt you round the village."

Bill laughed.

"In any case, people will have to be extra snoopy if they want to see your car parked in my drive."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.