Watched - Cover

Watched

Copyright© 2009 by Holdred

Chapter 7

The next morning, Little Doe woke up with a start. She did not recognize where she was. She looked around and noticed Twin Bird was awake. Twin Bird was laying there with big eyes, looking around. The room had changed. It was bigger.

Little Doe whispered, "It must be more of John's magic."

"Yes, it is wonderful that he has such strong magic. It was nice to go to bed and just be held. I felt safe."

"Should we wake John? The camp will want to pack up soon to leave."

"No, let's just wake Sarah. She can show us how to make the magic heat on the thing she calls 'stove' and we can make breakfast."

Twin Bird reached over and shook Sarah awake. "Hmmm, what's going on?" Looking around she exclaimed,"What did you do? Where are we? What happened to the camper?"

Little Doe replied calmly,"This is how it was when we woke up. Isn't it great how John's magic works? I like how it's bigger in here."

Sarah looked around. She was not in a pickup camper anymore. This had to be a fifth wheel camper and a big one at that. There was a separate bathroom with a big tub. The bed was king size. The kitchen was bigger. There were 3 large slide-outs. The dining room was big enough for six. Two couches and two computer desks were near the back. Even a Lazy-Boy recliner was included.

Sarah thought to herself, 'John's going to have a fit.' Then she said "Let's make breakfast before we wake him."

Sarah showed the girls how to use the stove. They made a good breakfast. Sarah was going to get John something to drink, when she noticed the soda dispenser on the fridge door. She started laughing, and couldn't stop.

Twin bird went over to her "Sarah what wrong? What's going on?"

Sarah, finally able to speak again said, "John and I have been teasing each other daily about what we drink in the morning. He doesn't like my coffee. I don't like his Doctor Pepper in the morning. I will get it for him. Twin Bird, you take the food. Little Doe kiss him to wake him up."

John thought he was dreaming when he felt Little Doe's lips on his. John opened his eyes, and gazed into Little Does'.

He smiled thinking what a wonderful dream. Suddenly he saw Sarah and Twin Bird out of the corner of his eye.

Startled he jumped back, saying "I am so sorry. I didn't mean to take advantage of anybody."

"John, don't be silly. How can you take advantage of your own wives?" Twin bird said, and giggled.

Sarah gave John his soda and said, "Drink this it will help you wake up. Breakfast is ready. Join us at the table when you are ready." Turning to the sisters, she said, "Let's take all the food and put it on the table, where we can eat and talk."

John drank his soda and waited while everyone left. He got up and stumbled around, found the bathroom and did what was necessary. While he was washing his hands, he suddenly realized something was wrong. At which point, he started cussing.

While waiting for John, Twin Bird was looking around. She noticed a funny glare coming from the strange boxes with funny buttons in the back. She was going to tell Sarah but just then John came storming out of the bathroom, cussing.

Little Doe and Twin Bird looked scared. Positive they had done something wrong they started trembling and hid behind Sarah.

"We're sorry," one said.

The other said, "Please don't hit us."

John saw the sister reaction and all the anger drained out of him. He collapsed in a chair.

He mumbled, "I'm so sorry. I would never hurt you. I was surprised and angry, but not at you."

Looking out from behind Sarah, Twin Bird said quietly, "Then you aren't angry that Little Doe kissed you?"

"No, I was just mad about this house changing."

"John the girls came up with as good an explanation as any. They said your magic had changed things so there was room for them."

"Yeah, I suppose that works. Anyway, let check on the rest of camp. Aren't we moving today?"

"John, why are those strange boxes over there glowing?"

"What? What? What?" John exclaimed and ran over to the computer terminals.

On the screen of one it said: "John". On the other was: "Sarah".

Sitting in front of his he typed, "What?"

It responded, "Wait for Sarah."

After Sarah had responded, it replied with this:

We wanted to reward you for accomplishing one of our goals. By being accepted by the tribe this show they recognize your worth. They would never have done that if you had showed prejudice. Instead you showed compassion for people you don't even know.

At this time we can't answer questions. This trailer is one reward. There are some improvements in the clinic trailer as well. We noticed how you were trying to learn the language. We have given you that knowledge, to make communication easier. One more thing, in the drawer under the computer is an ear bud for each of you. With that, you will be able to talk to each other and your computers. They can look stuff up and give you the information through you ear bud. We suggest putting them in right away. They can't be seen once they are in your ear.

Please continue what you doing and we will all be happy.

By the way, look in that cupboard.

Sarah got up and looked in the cupboard above the computer desks. Inside she saw four .22 caliber rifles and four .22 caliber pistols with holsters. Next to them she saw several bricks of ammo, there must be twenty or so. Looking closely at one of the rifles she found an etching of two tiny birds on the stock. Searching the others she found one with a tiny etching of a deer on the stock. Looking at the pistols it did not take long to find similar etchings.

Showing these to John, she mentioned, "They must be watching every thing we do. We may as well put in the ear buds at least it will allow you and me to communicate."

John nodded and got his out and put it in. So did Sarah. They left the trailer to look around the camp. They saw teams of five or six work together taking each teepee down and roll it up.

"Come we must hurry," Twin bird said, "We are behind."

John said "Don't worry. Even if we get a slow start we can catch them."

The girls lead the way into the teepee, and show them how to untie the curtain wall. While John and Sarah were working on that, the girls worked on rolling the sleeping furs, and tying them. They bundled up their other possessions that needed it inside the furs. When all this was done they had John take the fur bundles outside while they rolled the curtain.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.