Harbingers - Cover

Harbingers

Copyright© 2009 by ObviousPseudonym

Chapter 8

Fantasy Sex Story: Chapter 8 - Running away from the elder's order to marry, two youths come across a trail of devastation. The Black has come, and with it the fall of the Kingdom. That is, unless they can bring the survivors from the burnt and ruined village the Black has passed through to the town ahead so they can stop the invasion in it's tracks.

Caution: This Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including mt/ft   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Fiction   High Fantasy   Tear Jerker   First   Slow   Violence  

They just walked slowly towards us. That was the scariest part. They didn't shout out challenges, look around or even react to one another.

While their faces looked different, they all acted exactly the same, carrying their black bladed clubs and coming on implacably, as if we didn't matter. Worryingly some of them were carrying bows, until I realised that they were carved completely out of wood, even the string.

People were starting to notice, and guards were starting to line up in front of the buildings carrying weapons. I could hear some screaming and a crowd of people rushing towards the castle in a mob.

Looking to my sides I realised that most of the guards were a militia, wearing ill-fitted armour and makeshift weapons. Way too few had bows or crossbows. There were only about fifty guards to protect the town.

While some must be at the castle walls, too many soldiers were to the east of the Kingdom preparing for the Necromancer's army.

It was all happening too quickly. While Jessie put strings on our bows and prepared some arrows I knelt down next to Janey who was shivering in fear. 'It's going to be okay this time. We're going to be all right, okay? I promise. Just wait here.'

She nodded, obviously not believing me. Hell, I didn't believe me. I just hugged her to me before standing back up.

They were halfway across the fields towards us and I was starting to shake from adrenaline. I stood up next to Jessie and took the bow she offered. Amazingly, she grinned and winked at me. 'Hey, if you don't want to piss yourself in fear yet again you may want to take a leak.'

As I chuckled her face sobered. Stepping forward she hugged me, gripping me tightly. We shared a long kiss, and rested against one another. 'Remember, ' I whispered. 'If you die I'll never forgive you.'

'Same. Love you.'

I took a breath, trying to get myself to admit the truth out loud. 'Love you too.'

Looking sideways at the oncoming horde I sighed. 'We'd better get started.'

With a nod Jessie stepped back and drew an arrow. 'So, how are we going to keep them down?'

I shrugged. 'We both shoot the same one until it stops moving?'

'Well, it's a plan I guess.' she said teasingly.

'Have you got better?'

'Yeah. We run away.'

I looked over the fifty guards on our side and the nearly hundred elvings. Trying to keep my voice light and joking, I forced my lips into a smile. 'I like that plan.'

'It's a good plan.' She fired an arrow at the closest elving, only about 150 feet away, hitting him in the torso. I quickly followed suit, and from the double impacts the elving was shoved back to the floor.

Then it started getting up again.

Jessie and I both shot three more times until it was only moving slowly. 'One down, ninety nine to go' she sighed, shooting at the current closest.

'You know... ' I shot again. ' ... I'm glad they don't use ranged weapons... ' Another shot, luckily hitting it's head, causing to fall over and spasm for a moment. ' ... makes running away so much safer.' Another shot to help keep it down.

'I agree.'

The shooting was starting to take my breath away so I just grunted.

We carried on shooting them down, and the few guards with bows were doing the same. I guessed that maybe ten had been stopped for now by the time they got into melee range.

At which point I noticed a problem with my plan. Neither Jessie or I had a melee weapon.

'Err ... Jessie ... you know your plan?' I said nervously.

She fired one more shot then turned to look at me. 'Yeah? What about it?'

'Let's go with that. Right now.' Dropping my bow and chucking my quiver to Jessie, I turned to pick up Janey from where I had left her but she was gone.

I looked round quickly but had to hope that she had hidden somewhere safe. Continuing on I looked back to see Jessie following me, sprinting furiously. And I saw something else.

A small group of elvings had moved up to one side of the building we were at, by the doorway. Then, all at the same time they swung and smashed their clubs into the wall. A loud resounding crash echoed out, and when they hit it again the doorway crumbled and fell inwards.

Another elving walked up and set the fallen roof alight. This was how they devastated Newham, and were going to devastate Wessend.

Stopping, I pulled out my sling, wishing I'd kept my bow. Then grimly smiled, as I could see ahead of me an elving pick up my bow and try to fire it at me without an arrow. I just winced as his arm shattered with the force of releasing the string, breaking my bow.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.